Dashcam of the shooting of Philando Castile - NSFW

"
soneka101 wrote:

Let's say he was putting his wallet back in his back pocket when the officer said "don't pull it out", what should he do from there?

His hands are hidden from the cop and if he decides to show them so the cop knows he is not a threat the cop might get it wrong and think he is "pulling it out" and shoot him, so what he does?

Should he stand still and remain with his hands outside the view of the cop? Won't the cop take it as if he is pondering if he should "pull it out and shoot" or not?

"Don't pull it out" is a crappy directive. He could have asked for Castile to put his hands on the driving wheel or outside of the window, but I doubt that would be helpful with THIS kind of cop, after all it took 6 seconds. Castile informed he had a gun on him and 6 seconds later he was shot, not much time to slowly comply to a command.

------------

I don't know why anyone would defend this incompetence. Is it because they sympathize with the cop?

I want to ask, do anyone here want more cops like that?

If the answer is yes, then is it because you think you wouldn't act the way Castile did? But let's say you did, and by accident, would you be okay in dying just like that?

7 shots in front of your girlfriend and her kid because of a broken taillight...

You could have 30 or 40 years ahead of you, but that is gone because people thought it was fine to hire someone that wasn't fit for the job.

Why are you pulling anything out? Cop sits back there running plates and background checks of person who owns vechile for a good 2-5 minutes every time I been pulled over. In that time if you don't have license, registration and insurance in hand ready to go thats pretty dumb. I have them ready in hand with both hands on wheel because I know how trigger happy cops are with all these youtube videos. I'm not blaming victim here but you have to accept reality as is not as you wish it to be. And that reality is cops will shoot you on a whim so best eliminate that possibility best you can by posing zero threat to officer.

Another thing blurting out he has a gun I believe is a mistake. Instantly put cop on edge. If I had a gun cops would have to find it on me. I'm not doing work for them number one. Number two I'm not giving them excuse to get into fight or flight mode.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 23, 2017, 4:54:18 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Another thing blurting out he has a gun I believe is a mistake. Instantly put cop on edge.

Sorry, but it's not a mistake. If you have a concealed weapons permit you are required by law to notify an officer the moment you are pulled over (or approached for whatever reason by an officer). It's part of the training you get when you're in the process of getting the permit.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
If I had a gun cops would have to find it on me. I'm not doing work for them number one. Number two I'm not giving them excuse to get into fight or flight mode.

If you had a concealed weapons permit it would be revoked. If you didn't have one you'd be charged with illegally carrying a concealed weapon. Either way, you'd likely face multiple charges depending on the state you live in.

And either way, it's an extremely moronic thing to do with the cops these days. You would be giving them a reason to be on edge with you.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Jun 23, 2017, 5:05:29 PM
What do you need CWP for? 2nd amendment suffice.
Git R Dun!
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Another thing blurting out he has a gun I believe is a mistake. Instantly put cop on edge.

Sorry, but it's not a mistake. If you have a concealed weapons permit you are required by law to notify an officer the moment you are pulled over (or approached for whatever reason by an officer). It's part of the training you get when you're in the process of getting the permit.

yeah you kinda have to tell the cop you have a gun....

thems the rules

plus if you have a gun, dont tell the cop, and he finds it thats real trouble...

normally if you let an officer know you have a gun it puts him more at ease in my experience because no sane person well say "i have a gun" if they intend to use it on an officer. which is part of what makes this confusing
I dont see any any key!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

well even if you open carrying you are supposed to let the officer know you have a fire arm
I dont see any any key!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Open carry and concealed carry are two completely different things.

Also, you want a concealed permit because there are too many morons in this world who don't know about open carry. It's also less likely to cause stressful situations because of fuckwits that don't know gun laws calling the cops on you cause you're wearing a pistol on your hip in public.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Jun 23, 2017, 5:15:59 PM
Normally you say "Hey officer, I have a gun in the car. I'm going to leave my hands on the wheel and you tell me what you want me to do."

There's always more that can be done to avoid the incident. He could have not left the house. He could have lived in the woods where there are no cops.

The cop failed to de/escalate the situation correctly and led it into a situation where the only option was to shoot or flee. The mistake was made long before the cop fired his gun. Anyway, the rest of the thread talks about that.
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

yeah you kinda have to tell the cop you have a gun....

thems the rules

plus if you have a gun, dont tell the cop, and he finds it thats real trouble...

normally if you let an officer know you have a gun it puts him more at ease in my experience because no sane person well say "i have a gun" if they intend to use it on an officer. which is part of what makes this confusing

depends on state. every state is different.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/06/eight-states-where-2nd-amendment-is-only-carry-permit-required/

More and more coming online.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 23, 2017, 5:16:16 PM
well that maybe but its still way safer to let an officer know you have a fire arm
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
well that maybe but its still way safer to let an officer know you have a fire arm

LOL It's never safe to volunteer info to cops. Many ppl get put in jail or dead for talking too much like this guy. But go ahead believe in fairy tales they are to protect and serve.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 23, 2017, 5:20:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info