About the American who was detained in North Korea....

"
SkyCore wrote:
15 years of hard labor for tearing down a poster...
I hate thieves; car thieves, burglars, pick pockets, let em rot in hell.
But a poster is something else. Its like taking a rock under mount rushmore. A souvenir.
I hope north korea gets what it deserves.

What does it deserve? Do tell.

I'm pretty sure 99% of its population have suffered more than anyone could possibly deserve in the past 70 years at least. It's consistently been one of the worst hellholes of a country to live in, if not the worst.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 21, 2017, 3:40:51 AM
"
SkyCore wrote:
15 years of hard labor for tearing down a poster...
I hate thieves; car thieves, burglars, pick pockets, let em rot in hell.
But a poster is something else. Its like taking a rock under mount rushmore. A souvenir.
I hope north korea gets what it deserves.

All empires fall, its inevitable.

Stealing in N Korea, especially a propaganda poster is the dumbest thing ever aside from entering that country to begin with.
A fine would be enough. But "dear leaders" are considered kinda gods over there, so this guy basically committed blasphemy. And he's American, so its "international political blasphemy". Is US still technically at war with NK, like SK is?

"international political subversive blasphemy done by an capitalist pig-dog enemy combatant infiltrator spy". 15 years sounds about right, when you don't look at it just as petty theft or littering :P
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jun 21, 2017, 4:13:52 AM
Darwin strikes again from what I've read. It's like those western drug dealers in Indonesia who get a firing squad. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

For being world travels these people are extremely ignorant of mores/atmospherics/laws other places and think their passive liberal western law and order society will follow them. So Arrogant too maybe.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 21, 2017, 4:27:37 AM
The lightning and resolution is so bad you can't tell any features about the person in the video (see about minute 3 for the actual video). Obviously the kid was stupid for going to North Korea in the first place, so if that's what you meant I'll agree. If you meant he was stupid for breaking some rule(s) while there, there is no actual evidence for that as far as I've seen. I haven't been paying too much attention to it though, so maybe there is more evidence than that.
I do think it's funny that everyone simply assumes that Otto actually stole a poster because the "North Korean Government says so". It's not like North Korea has a long history of illegally imprisoning people over trumped up charges. Surely we can blindly trust them. The Great Leader would never deceive us.

It was a sleeping pill induced coma too, right?
Last edited by BodyHammer01 on Jun 21, 2017, 8:40:56 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Darwin strikes again from what I've read. It's like those western drug dealers in Indonesia who get a firing squad. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

For being world travels these people are extremely ignorant of mores/atmospherics/laws other places and think their passive liberal western law and order society will follow them. So Arrogant too maybe.

I tried to talk to some of my American undergraduates about how almost any Asian nation has the death penalty for drug trafficking. Instead of recognizing the sovereignty Asian nations are trying to display here, they think it is just something awful. Whether North Korea's harsh laws are justified or not that is another story, but in general the entire Asian actually prides herself in being as tough as possible in their laws.

I do not agree with them but at least I can see where they are coming from.
Regardless of anything no parent should see their child pass away.

True story: My mothers best friend lost her kid while he was playing on the farm in Argentina. It was getting dark and my moms best friend was getting worried. Later that evening an officer knocked on her door, my mom was pregnant at the time and well the police officer said he fell while trying to climb a fence.

My mother said she never in her life heard a mothers cry like the one of her best friend. Well 7 months later my mom had me... named me after her son.

Regardless of politics, religion... No paerent should witness their child suffer and pass.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
...stupidity to not just go to North Korea, but to go there *AND* steal something. Wow, just wow. This is one of those cases where you honestly get what you deserve if you're really that stupid.

You believed the North Korea propaganda line and forced confession that he actually stole something? If you were held prisoner there and they beat you for days on end, then told you the beatings would stop if you confessed to a crime, you'd probably confess too.

Did really no one else in this thread so far mention that this was a forced confession?

They interviewed his roommate and that guy said Warmbier was randomly selected and detained at the air port, and that he didn't see him do what the forced confession stated.

For all of the lies coming out of North Korea and lil Kim, along with the torture of captives, it's not hard to connect the dots.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
You believed the North Korea propaganda line
Is it better to believe US propaganda line?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info