I'm stupid, help me.

Which came first, chicken or egg?
Last bumped on Jun 16, 2017, 10:13:03 AM
The proto-chicken laid a chicken egg.
Spoiler
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
Spoiler

I don't say this often, but, LOL! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
pneuma wrote:
This. Therefore egg came first (like in cartoon).
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
pneuma wrote:

Which came first, the proto-chicken or the proto-chicken egg?
Still the egg. All the way back to the earliest instance of an egg-laying critter. It would have come before.
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
"
SuicideAll wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:

The proto-proto-chicken laid a proto-chicken egg.

---

Eventually, if this pattern continues, I don't have an answer.

I can only go as far back as "which came first, the universe or the thing to observe it".
"
pneuma wrote:
"
SuicideAll wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:

The proto-proto-chicken laid a proto-chicken egg.

---

Eventually, if this pattern continues, I don't have an answer.

I can only go as far back as "which came first, the universe or the thing to observe it".

There is a point going back into the ancestral lineage of the chicken at which one progenitor was not chicken-like at all. A chicken, after all, is nothing more than an assemblage of genetic characteristics which we identify as a "chicken." Not all of those characteristics appeared at once, and the genetic compatibility of one proto-chicken with its descendants parted ways at the point "chicken" became a new, distinct species. Species A might be genetically compatible (to a greater or lesser degree) with species B, and species B with species C, but not necessarily A with C. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
There is a definitive answer to the question you are asking SuicideAll, but in order to understand it we must first specify some things.

1)Do we mean any egg?
2)Do we mean a chicken egg?

And if we mean a chicken egg, what is a chicken egg?

2a)An egg laid by a chicken?
2b)An egg containing a chicken?
2c)An egg laid by a chicken and containing a chicken?

If you combine all those there are four legit versions of the chicken-egg question.

I)Which came first, the chicken or just any egg?
II)Which came first, the chicken or an egg laid by a chicken?
III)Which came first, the chicken or an egg containing a chicken?
IV)Which came first: the chicken, or an egg laid by and containing a chicken?

The answer to (I) is the egg, cause species that lay eggs have been around for much longer than the modern chicken.

The answer to (II) is the chicken, by logical conclusion an egg laid by a chicken means that there was a chicken to lay it.

The answer to (III) is the most complicated one to give and the one that needs the most explanation. Shortly the answer is the egg. An egg containing a chicken might have been laid by a chicken or a non-chicken. Genetic science proved that the egg came first. This is because reproductive mutations separating a new species from its progenitor generally occur in reproductive rather than somatic DNA and are thus expressed in differences between successive generations, but not in the parent organisms themselves. In other words the parents of the first member of a new species are not members of that new species.

The answer to (IV) is similarly explained as (II), and is the chicken. The fact that a chicken egg must be laid by a chicken precedes and therefore, dominates the biologically subsequent requirement that it contains a chicken

By a great mind of our age Christopher Michael Langan. Even if i dislike his stance towards the existence of God and his role in the universe and creation in general, his mind works in another level completely. I strongly suggest people with the brain capacity and critical ability to understand or follow complex scientific and/or philosophical theories to give it a try.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info