Fairy tale gone greedy ?

There was never free beta access until open. I made my account to try to get one of the random timer ones and didn't even get one until somebody on MMO-Champion happened to be giving one out.
Ancient and unwise, SSF only since 2012
"
How companys change - back in 2012 there was free beta access for everyone in poe and now they try to milk the cow with the oriath beta. 500 $ ? Greed at its best.

To put it simply, Greed would be to NOT offer a beta key for ANYONE regardless of how much they have spent in the past. AKA a buy in option or nothing. GGG is, yet again, showing why they are the standard that I judge other F2P games by. They are showing support to the people that have show great support to them.

And no before you go and say I'm just a fan boy cause I was included in the 500$ Free beta I wasn't. I bought a beta key, they cheapest one as I Kinda hate the new armor packs...

TLDR: GGG is far from greedy OP is off his/her rocker.
"
XerxezBreak wrote:
"
Phynomea wrote:
How companys change - back in 2012 there was free beta access for everyone in poe and now they try to milk the cow with the oriath beta. 500 $ ? Greed at its best.

You can get a beta key from the $30 supporter pack.

No it's still greed because they ramped up the lowest tier supporter pack by 50%.
This just makes NOT wanna give keys to anyone the fuck lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
GGG is a company releasing new content every 3 months, or major new content every 6 months as the case will be with 3.0.

This means constant work by a large team of highly qualified people. Thousands and thousands of hours of work. These people have to eat and live, and what they're doing is valuable and sought after on the job market.

It requires constant funding. So, yes, they are doing what they think is going to have the best economic result. Accusing a company operating in a late-stage capitalistic society of being greedy is a bit funny. Yes, the company is supposed to be greedy - otherwise, it wouldn't survive on the market.

I also find it strange to be so accusatory since GGG have included a variety of ways to get beta access without paying, and when the beta is over (which will be in practically no time), everyone will have free access to the product.

Rule No. 1 of economics: There is no free lunch.

Some people are complaining about the lack of a free lunch, which tells me they aren't too well adapted to living in the world's current economic system.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:

i couldn't agree more, but you should tell that to GGG, who as far as i know advertise their game as being FREE to PLAY :p

asking money to play a FREE to PLAY advertised game is nothing less than scam.

if we were to compare GGG to a news outlet it would be CNN without a doubt :p
IGN: Bluntexile
You are paying to get advanced access to new content. You also get a whole other bunch of goodies for it - points, microtransactions and so on. I think it's a pretty sweet deal overall.

You can still play the game itself for free.

Once again, PoE doesn't just magically appear out of thin air, it represents thousands upon thousands of hours of work by a team of highly qualified professionals. Of course they're looking for ways to get ongoing funding. Their need to eat and have a place to sleep is ongoing too.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jun 11, 2017, 5:13:30 AM
"
Bluntexile wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

i couldn't agree more, but you should tell that to GGG, who as far as i know advertise their game as being FREE to PLAY :p

asking money to play a FREE to PLAY advertised game is nothing less than scam.

if we were to compare GGG to a news outlet it would be CNN without a doubt :p

They are asking for money to give you access to a beta, you can still play on the actual live service for free

If you were compared to a news outlet it would be Fox News

You say that with 500 bucks you can buy a key, NO you can buy it with 30 bucks. You are lying.

You are speaking about the OPEN beta, that comes after the CLOSED beta. Can you understand this fact or need a cognitive therapy?
Last edited by MildorDArkehn on Jun 11, 2017, 5:44:03 AM
"
Kasapnica wrote:
Im pretty sure i paid 10$ when the game was in closed beta some time before release...man farming fellshrine ruins was pretty much the end game :/ we came a looooooooong way.

Well right now it's the same ;)
Nothing to see here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info