[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

Great guide and build, highly appreciate the time you put in to discuss it.

Only 1 thing kinda confuses me: The Scorching Ray thing:
-Having Scorching Ray without Tukohama(lets assume most people dont have it), on a 4 link, makes it hard to fit the traps needed to proc EE

-If I decide to remove Ancestral Bond, which I did, I can only have up to 2 totems up + searing bond, which renders me unable to use the Decoy totem if I want to have all my DPS totems out.

Could scorching ray be used without any supports other than spell totem, just for the debuff? And should I only use it on bosses that are taunt immune, or whose attacks I can dodge?

Should I even use Scorching ray at all, since your linked character does not?

Thanks
Great guide,
Any chance you can post a new update video with your gear and setup?
I'm currently level 75 but my hp is only 2.8k +1k mana which is really annoying.
Last edited by heyitzash on Aug 14, 2017, 11:21:29 AM
@heyitzash

get life on gear. with lvl 75 i had over 4.5k already.

about scorching ray: updated the gem section.

@ultimir

some leo lvl 3 dot craft looks good on it.

@fool

obviously no blasphemy because of bloodmagic.

Besides that i covered that topic in the following posts of the guide.

If we want a offensive blasphemy witchfire brew does the job very well.
Besides that its only good with defensive curses. Curse on hit also lets use to keep range on bosses, while the blasphemy effect fades off.

We have no offensive auras in conjunction to a blaphemy and the defensive ones are just good for one thing. determination needs good armour gear to be worth it and only helps against one dmg type, same for puritys.

Blood magic helps in every case. A higher hp pool protects against oneshots for every dmg type, increases the liferegen and recovery via warcrys.

Multiple blasphemy curses are a whole different direction (covered in post below the mainpost) with their own strengths and weaknesses.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Hey Milky,

Thanks so much for the guide. I just started playing again, last time I played was during beta. I've read through the guide numerous times to try to fully understand it. Been working great for my league starter.

Do you manually cast enduring cry now? Is there any easy way to automatically generate enduring cry charges?

Thanks!
Last edited by Khoned on Aug 14, 2017, 1:45:37 PM
Since Enduring Cry works as a healthflask on a berserker, it feels good to use it ;) the charges are just the icing on the cake
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
If I link Enduring cry to cast on hit, will it auto trigger enduring cry?
Hi Milkyslice why did you make your profile private I was using POB to follow the skill tree and gear now I cant use pastebin link :( .
What stats and requirements would you suggest having before going into Uber Atziri and/or guardians?

Currently I'm on a 5 link mantle with about level 20 gems and looking for a challenge.

Thanks in advance.
Get well soon bud. Thanks for the time you've put into this build. I used it and quickly leveled to 75. It's a total blast, and everything is melting to my RF. Just got my Doryani's catalyst, and I have to be honest, it seemed a little underwhelming. Before, I had a Scepter of Truth and everything seemed to melt just as quick, if not slightly quicker. Oh well...it's probably just perception since I was so excited to finally wield it.

Thanks again.
This has been a great starter build and fun to play but the ceiling of the build seems pretty low for the cost investment. Starting to wonder what if the investment is worth or better spent in a different build? For instance do I spend 10 exalts on a 6L Soul Mantle or Tukohama shield for what?

Right now Path Of Build calculates my damage at around 230K dps with Flamability, EE, and Scorching Ray. Just looking at the calculations, Tukohama would only increase to 250K. The 6th link of efficacy would put me at 295K while both would put me at 310K. So it seems the 6L gives you more damage overall. I'm also not sure how to get PoB to show with self flagellation or elemental overload. Any suggestions? Unbuffed the damage is only 91k, which seems really poor considering the builds now a days. Even if the damage overlapped it still wouldn't hit the same numbers as some of these million DPS super clear speed builds.

I'm disappointed that Tukohama's is so rare and expensive considering it doesn't really add much for this build. Another totem is great sure, but the damage doesn't overlap, so it's really just more coverage. I guess most totem builds do benefit from overlap or multiple totems damage wise, so I see why it's expensive, just a shame.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info