[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

woops deleted a folder which included the recording of the beta playthrough :D

However i added some stuff in the leveling section.

maybe i do another video, but i don't think i'll make it in time. would take forever to upload.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Guide looks great, can't wait to try it come 3.0. I had a Scion Totem Bladefall before in 2.4 I think it was, loved it, wanted to go Marauder for the extra tankyness though, I'll watch the videos here in a day or two before the start of the league.
Last edited by XEdwardElricX on Aug 1, 2017, 8:45:51 AM
Glad to see the guide up for 3.0, used the build in the Legacy Hc and was super easy to make money at the start of the league, cant wait for Foo.

This is the last gear i used in legacy before i got one shotted in a t13 chain map, damage it's pretty good and i hit almost 8k hp using this setup for Doon's and can be improved a lot changing some nodes on the tree.
Looks like in 3.0 we will be getting a lot more damage, lets hope with the new gems and burning nodes i can keep the STR setup for doon's maintaining a high hp pool while doing a nice damage.
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
Last edited by Mawwk on Aug 1, 2017, 9:24:57 AM
Does faster casting or cast speed in general do something for RF totems?
"
oRieLLi wrote:

casting speed does not affect totem placement, only how fast the totem casts spells.
Totems for life!
"
oRieLLi wrote:

the rf activates faster after a totem is placed, thats it. Nothing to focus on, but some castspeed here and there is never bad either. Makes stuff a bit smoother.

Its also useful for some utility skills, mainly oos.

Definetly not a stat to focus on ;)

"
Mawwk wrote:
Glad to see the guide up for 3.0, used the build in the Legacy Hc and was super easy to make money at the start of the league, cant wait for Foo.

This is the last gear i used in legacy before i got one shotted in a t13 chain map, damage it's pretty good and i hit almost 8k hp using this setup for Doon's and can be improved a lot changing some nodes on the tree.
Looks like in 3.0 we will be getting a lot more damage, lets hope with the new gems and burning nodes i can keep the STR setup for doon's maintaining a high hp pool while doing a nice damage.

scary chains, rip.

doon is definetly a working option, especially since it grants some good extra hp and castspeed as well. More expensive to stack strength on top of life/resists, but thats the normal character progression especially on hc ;)

How did soulmantle work out for you with just flaskremoval? was it annoying?
i personally think is not different if you are used to 12345 of other builds :p

i only played a few levels with it so i have no strong opinion of that, but it interests me, especially when others ask for mantle in hc

also working on a act 1-4 playthrough of the build (again), this time with commentary. I think those are the most important levels since we can easily transition into rf totems at lvl 40, which is my recommended level to do that

Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 1, 2017, 10:44:50 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:

scary chains, rip.

doon is definetly a working option, especially since it grants some good extra hp and castspeed as well. More expensive to stack strength on top of life/resists, but thats the normal character progression especially on hc ;)

How did soulmantle work out for you with just flaskremoval? was it annoying?
i personally think is not different if you are used to 12345 of other builds :p

i only played a few levels with it so i have no strong opinion of that, but it interests me, especially when others ask for mantle in hc

I had no problems at all doing high level maps, most of the time there are some extra flask charges to work with and i only got fucked in early levels while i was farming Atziri and my damage was a bit low. For 3.0 i might grab a Rumi's cause they nerfed basalt a bit, run 2 flasks with curse removal, not necessary anyways.
Hope we hear good news from the patch notes later.
Totems for life!
https://youtu.be/NoARhdgDoy8

Act 1 of the leveling process for the build.
Act 2 will be uploaded over the night and the rest hopefully tomorrow :P

had to stop playing at the end of act 2 and wanna finish everything til lvl 40 this evening, should be doable.

I made it more for new player who have no clue what to do with a few trickys here and there.
There is no excuse for shitty gear and drops if you know what you have to do ;)

Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 1, 2017, 1:06:49 PM
Is the survivability of the chieftain that much higher than berserker in HC? I know the chieftain has higher dmg reduction, but movement speed in itself can be considered a way of mitigating dmg?

I guess what I'm trying to ask is while I understand that chieftain is tankier than berserker, is it a huge gap between survivability or a small gap?

thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info