[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

can help explain a bit about the various one handed maces?
"xx% increased elemental damage"
"xx% increased burning damage"
"xx% increased spell damage"

which ones apply, which ones dont?
for rf and sb.
bitch about a niche game? lol.
each new league is a circus of nerfs and buffs.
where is the element of fun in discovering the unknown in this game?
"
helloicanseeu wrote:
can help explain a bit about the various one handed maces?
"xx% increased elemental damage"
"xx% increased burning damage"
"xx% increased spell damage"

which ones apply, which ones dont?
for rf and sb.

Burning, Elemental% and Fire damage%
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
whats the item level of tukohama's fortress?

read somewhere that somebody got it thru prophercy "the mysterious gift"
need to trade 5 uniques, lowest level of traded in items needs to be at least same as the shield, might be worth a try.
bitch about a niche game? lol.
each new league is a circus of nerfs and buffs.
where is the element of fun in discovering the unknown in this game?
Hello, many thanks for this impressive build. I started with it and came until 82 like easy mode.

Now i started to mapping and I just have a question.

i got my 3rd "shaper's orb" from Zana via quest but i wanted to ask your suggestion about which map to upgrade?

Can you make suggestions about which map we should upgrade with each tier of shaper's orbs for this build? or it does not matter?

Thank you.
"
Hellstaff wrote:
Hello, many thanks for this impressive build. I started with it and came until 82 like easy mode.

Now i started to mapping and I just have a question.

i got my 3rd "shaper's orb" from Zana via quest but i wanted to ask your suggestion about which map to upgrade?

Can you make suggestions about which map we should upgrade with each tier of shaper's orbs for this build? or it does not matter?

Thank you.

Does not matter, per your desire. Alternatively, google is your friend, ‘shaped maps’.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
helloicanseeu wrote:
whats the item level of tukohama's fortress?

read somewhere that somebody got it thru prophercy "the mysterious gift"
need to trade 5 uniques, lowest level of traded in items needs to be at least same as the shield, might be worth a try.

worth a try? probably not, at least not via buying prophecys for that.

I have no clue if it requires a high itemlevel to work. At least over 61 since the baseitem is on that level, but might be higher.

"

Thank you.

The maps you like to run. There is no point shaping maps you will hate to death :p. Besides that, only the t10-15 orbs reddit.com really matter.

On this build i would prefer tighter maps like toxic sewers instead of open one like dunes

Hello Milky, many thanks for still replying this topic.

I have 2 more questions.

1 - Spell damage won't work as you mentioned and making the RF gem higher quality does nothing for this build. My question is about Efficacy. I am about to buy a 6 linked Soul Mantle and according to your gem section, we need to use Efficacy as 6th gem.

When i look into it, it has 3 effect: More Spell Damage - More Damage over Time - Incr. Skill Effect Duration

Spell damage doesnt effect and we dont have a skill effect duration as far as i know. So we are only using the damage over time effect of this gem am i right? It is %24 at level 20.

Does it really worth buying a 6 link Soul Mantle for around 4ex for only %24 damage increase? Or am i missing something about this gem?

2 - Scorching Ray doesn't increase the fire resistance of mobs with EE? (Sorry if you already mentioned it in the build, i searched a lot but couldn't find anywhere)

Thanks.
Last edited by Hellstaff on Feb 12, 2018, 7:40:01 AM
1. no you´re not missing anything. There is just no better support as a 6th socket. Is it worth it? depends on your goals :P for me a 5l mantle was enough to do any content as a leaguestarter.

you could also swap in scorching ray for a SR totem in your mantle. doesnt benefit from aoe/conc effect, but should be overall more singletarget dps... its just clunkier to keep up all totems :X

2. no, scorching ray does not hit and thus cannot apply EE

"
Milkyslice wrote:
1. no you´re not missing anything. There is just no better support as a 6th socket. Is it worth it? depends on your goals :P for me a 5l mantle was enough to do any content as a leaguestarter.

you could also swap in scorching ray for a SR totem in your mantle. doesnt benefit from aoe/conc effect, but should be overall more singletarget dps... its just clunkier to keep up all totems :X

2. no, scorching ray does not hit and thus cannot apply EE

well, using SR in 6th slot seems a better idea than Efficacy since it will free up a 4 link item to use something more beneficial. it will get a totem slot but will give more mobility since most of my deaths are occuring while casting SR:) seems worth a try. thanks for the answers again.
Last edited by Hellstaff on Feb 12, 2018, 4:05:47 PM
Awesome guide covering every detail, you got me literally speechless.

I hope to start next league my 3rd 80+ character and will try this build.

Thanks a lot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info