[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

Understood,thank you
Well, finally i switch to chieftain and i can do all guardians more easily
Hello! The Righteous fire damage stacking if you use two totems or more totems, or just largest area for damage?
"
iBrokenWings wrote:
Hello! The Righteous fire damage stacking if you use two totems or more totems, or just largest area for damage?

the damage does not stack, multiple totems are just for the area
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
I need good def gem setup 3 and 4 link for this build.
"
Xenithos wrote:
"
QKrizQ wrote:

Hey guys not sure if this is ok but this is my char. And I just got two exalt drops and I have around 70 chaos (so basically another exalt). Is it worth upgrading my gear? My highest priority is just killing shaper. (is it possible with this gear) And should I upgrade it even further or is it just not worth it.
Sorry for the strange question and sorry if I'm wrong here for this question.

STOP - Your Amulet sucks. Period, it's just bad (okay, the life it gives is good...). No ADDED FIRE DAMAGE, PERIOD, especially because if you shield bash into a group of people you won't proc your elemental equilibrium from your trap. ALSO, the QoL of being able to just orb of storm instead of lightning trap is AMAZING, you're going to want to unspec ancestral bond and just stick to dual rf totems with a searing and a lightning orb for a while if you're fine with it. Least, it feels way smoother to me. If you aren't using totemic zeal, then maybe ignore that last recommendation.

First off, get some more Dexterity so you can upgrade your low level green gems, either from tree (not as recommended) or from a straight up ammy upgrade or gloves or boots upgrade. Also, your chaos resistances are probably a little low, so aim for amulet/belt/boots with 20+% on those. ALSO, your life rolls on your items are OK at best, try aiming for 80+life MINIMUM on belts, and 70+ on gloves and
boots and ammy. (Your boots are ~okay, but they also kinda look cheaper than you should be using for Shaper.

After getting better dex and chaos, (AND LEVELING YO GEMS) I would also dump the mana flask and path down to the Blood Magic area and grab ALL OF DAT HP, (Please tell me you're not using MoM and what level you are) exchange the mana flask for an overflowing chalice AND/OR A basalt flask with extra resistances/duration whatever you need to top off your extra damage mitigation. You should feel very tanky after doing that. The FAQs have some other flask recommendations, and please realize that the panic flasks just happen to be Milky's style. If you really wanna go panic life flasks, there are better ones than standard hp pots.

If you do all of that, and you're say ~85 with a lioneye's remorse you should be able to handle Shaper with some skill and care. If you're fine doing more than shaper and just getting some extra currency or whatever for BIG upgrades, I'd upgrade to a tukohama's, and then a 6 link. But that's if you plan on not creating a new character later. You could also squeeze an extra 15 or so life out of a lioneye's for only around 5 chaos or so. They're pretty cheap rn.

Just so you know, This is a lot of work for someone to do to evaluate builds all the time, so if you have further questions, try to narrow it down instead of plopping your stuff all over. Besides, Milky doesn't read these anymore.

YOU NEED BLEED REMOVAL - AND NO NEED FOR CHILL OR FROZEN IMMUNITY WHEN USING THAT HEAD PIECE IF YOURE SPAMMING SKILLS OFTEN!!!!

hey thanks for all the work. :) just come back from holidays Also I'm 83 and 77/126 map bonus. Just did the Abyss map corrupted and rare. But I can't kill the minotaur.
Last edited by QKrizQ on Oct 15, 2017, 6:01:43 PM
Ok, first of all I want to thank Milky for this amazing build. I learned a lot about totems and this type of mechanic.
With this build I made 36 challenges, shaper, atziri, vaal temple, council and 100% of the atlas for the first time.

I you want the good stuff, it always come with a big price. Here is my gear:

Thanks also for friends for their support, I could never done this with all the help I got.
Be good to people and they will be good back to you.

PS I think kikazaru is kind of OP. You are virtually immune to any curse. You laugh at maps the contain 2 or 3 curses all that they give you is increased damage.
Also you can do ANY map, ele reflect, phys reflect, including no regen ones with some flask working.

Last edited by bdplaya on Oct 18, 2017, 2:48:16 PM
First of all thank you for this build,

Me and my girl are really enjoying it, but since we are both playing this spec wouldn't it be better if one of us would play something else ? Since if i remember it correctly the righteous fire totems from different players are not both doing damage to a boss.

Really enjoying the totem playstyle and was wondering if i would maybe work better if i would play with a frost bolt totem build ? or maybe someone has some other idea's what kind of build to play next to this build.

"
Jevâ wrote:
First of all thank you for this build,

Me and my girl are really enjoying it, but since we are both playing this spec wouldn't it be better if one of us would play something else ? Since if i remember it correctly the righteous fire totems from different players are not both doing damage to a boss.

Really enjoying the totem playstyle and was wondering if i would maybe work better if i would play with a frost bolt totem build ? or maybe someone has some other idea's what kind of build to play next to this build.

excactly rf totems of different players dont stack (or in general).

The one with rf totems grants mainly Elemental Equilibrium and Flammability (which can be changed to elemental weakness, a 20% one has the same resist reduction).
So any fire or cold based build would synergize with rf totems.

rf totems can transition more into a support role with a slightly different tree (whispers of soom) and gear to get triple curse, remove bloodmagic, add some manareservation reduction and run 3x blasphemy curse for excample.

edit: anger aura shouldn't be used ;)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Oct 21, 2017, 3:17:23 PM
Is chieftain good enough for general mapping? Not really interested in shaper or guardians. I planned to do this in the turmoil event two weeks from now. What do you reckon?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info