[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

"
0sync0 wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:

4c mantle

Keep in mind that some prices are way lower at this stage of the league, some are day 1-2 prices ;)

I guess your guide is too popular. The cheapest 5l mantle I see right now is 30c.

which is basically the price of the jewellers touch 5 link prophecy. An build has to pay that price (or the jewellers/fusings) ;) Also played til t11 maps with a 4link just fine, at that point its usually not an issue to buy/craft one.

"

One idea came up - would an offhand Dyadus https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dyadus be a good offensive option?

If we can reliably proc chill with e.g. shield charge or leap slam, it would act as a 100% more burning damage modifier I think

No not at all.

first shieldcharge doesnt work without a shield and leapslam uses the mainhand weapon to leap, not the offhand.

Since chilled ground effects (from spells etc) don't work with the more burning dmg property, you would need to attack once every 1sec with your offhand weapon.
This means you have to constantly spam stuff like cyclone or spectral throw (and hit...hi accuracy) on a totem build.

it is not practical at all
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Hey does anyone know what cosmetics Milky is wearing? Im fairly new to the game so I cant tell what he is wearing exactly and it looks really cool. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hi!
I've just watched your shaper kill video (that thing is a bulet hell XD), but there's one thing i don't get: how much life regen do you have? i have around 400 at sec but i don't think it's as nearly high as yours.
Am i missing something?
ty in advance
Milky i have some jewel

jewel
12% increased totem life
20% increased burning damage
11% increased area damage

&

11% increased totem life
11% increased damage over time

I wonder, do not know area damage or damage over time better for rf totem.
"
piritpham wrote:
Milky i have some jewel

jewel
12% increased totem life
11% increased area damage

&

11% increased totem life
11% increased damage over time

I wonder, do not know area damage or damage over time better for rf totem.

for the rf totem it doesnt matter, its excactly the same.

however dmg over time increases searing bond dmg while aoe dmg not.

which one would be better on your character (1% totem life vs the SB scaling) can tell you path of building, since it depends on other jewels/gear as well. On paper i think the 2nd would be better.

"
Hi!
I've just watched your shaper kill video (that thing is a bulet hell XD), but there's one thing i don't get: how much life regen do you have? i have around 400 at sec but i don't think it's as nearly high as yours.
Am i missing something?
ty in advance

403.8 liferegen + warcry heal and regen

"
Hey does anyone know what cosmetics Milky is wearing? Im fairly new to the game so I cant tell what he is wearing exactly and it looks really cool. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kacha Axe, infernal weapon
radiant shield
deicide flame helmet
demon king body armour + seraph wings
demon king gloves
demon king boots + infernal footprints
legacy character effect
2x royal green frog pet
divine righteous fire effect
green searing bond effect

Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 29, 2017, 8:27:28 AM
"
0sync0 wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:

4c mantle

Keep in mind that some prices are way lower at this stage of the league, some are day 1-2 prices ;)

I guess your guide is too popular. The cheapest 5l mantle I see right now is 30c.

Really now?
I bought a 6 socket soul mantle with like 2% away from maxed energy shield for only 6-7 chaos, and then I spent 6 fusings and got it 5 socketed. Huh... Maybe I should sell it and get a new one :D

Honestly, I've been snagging easy deals on most of the stuff here for close to high end for barely anything this league. With only around a 30-35 chaos investment I was comfortably running low tier maps without a doryani's. I decided I loved the build kinda early on, so I went and saved and spent 65 chaos on a 1% away from perfect doryani's catalyst just a week ago and it just came together so nicely. Running tier 7-9 maps corrupted with so little investment and it just feels silky smooth even below level 80.

I also leveled a little different at first with pyres and daresso's passions, but that leveling got me through the storyline with less than 15 deaths with basically only 25% (before running elemental purity +all resists aura) resists... And it only cost me 5 chaos for it. You literally melt everything and then you just go pick up the lioneye's remorse for a huge buff to defense and switch to soul-mantle whenever you're comfy. :)

In a little bit I'm going to see what I can do dps build with this thing using a Firebornhttps://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Fireborn jewel at the top of the witch section in conjunction with a change from efficacy to minion/totem elemental resists so I can path differently for the totems.
Hello guys,

I recently hit lv 40 and i followed the advice written in this guide, so i got the 4link EFS, Burning damage, Spell totem and Righteous fire.

Its impossible to kill anything, when i put the totem down, it just dissapears immediatly, thats how fast it is killed. I am not really sure what im doing wrong or if im an idiot, which is probably the right answer.

And yes, i have Purity of Elements on.

Any one that coule help me quickly to figure out what the problem is ?

Thanks a lot people.
are you using a leveled spelltotem gem and not a lvl 1 gem?

"
Milkyslice wrote:

I think it is a level 1 gem, but does a few levels on a gem make that much of a difference ? If it is, then i know whats wrong.
"
Afroman05 wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:

I think it is a level 1 gem, but does a few levels on a gem make that much of a difference ? If it is, then i know whats wrong.

its a huge difference if the totem has like 40 baselife or 800 to throw in some numbers.

just go to nessa in act 1 and buy a leveled spelltotem

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info