[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

Hey there, using this build for Harbinger and, well, have to admit it's just a piece of cake compared to whatever I've been using in the previous leagues.
Fun fact, I've even been able to beat the 10 acts almost never upgrading my gear - grabbed the first 4L with the correct colors I found, put the gems, went all the way to Kitava II dying 4 times : once because of sheer negligence in the very early game ; once standing too close to Avarius during his death explosion ( how could I have guessed that would happen ! ) ; twice on Doerdre II ( no surprise here I reckon ). Never after that.
Got absolutely wrecked on the very first intro map though, but hey! With level 20/30 gear with irrelevant bonuses, that was to be expected, right ? :)

Bottom line, nice, easy, and efficient build for casual or returning and leaguestarter. Not even boring. The biggest drawback was backtracking to loot, and I'm not even kidding. Lootfilter with sounds is an absolute must have here !

Oh, also, I'm a big, BIG, lazy *ss, so I skipped Elemental Equilibrium. It's probably a big boost, I admit, but I was too lazy to add another button. Everything was dying way too fast anyway. I'm slowly speccing toward it at 81, hoping to get myself a Soulmantle before I reach it so OoS will just do the job. Laaaazyyyyyy.

So yeah anyway, thanks for this guide !

-

On to a quick question, though. I backtracked about 20 pages ctrl-f-ing for "Arsonist" and found nothing. I'm sure someone must have asked it at some point but I can't seem to find a decent "search in post" option.
So, what about the arsonist node cluster ? 8, 8, 24% fire damage with a bit of life regen for 4 points sounds quite decent, especially in softcore. Maybe sacrifice an endurance charge and a life node like one of the Life and Armour from the Juggernaut cluster?
I guess Arsonist is skipped because there simply are better solutions out there ?
Arsonist is not really worth the points, there are way stronger nodes.

idk why you wait for the mantle, it costs 1 alch right now, same for the rings :P
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 24, 2017, 1:05:17 AM
Ah, thanks, I figured indeed there was better options. Just looked lonely sitting here in the middle of the tree, ignored :)

As for Soulmantle... I suck at trading, like, big time. I even wanted to go SSF for the fun of it, but since I have a friend who occasionnally playss too...
Anyway, I wasn't even aware it costed alch. I was sure it was still a few chaos. Not that I don't have them but that made me want to just wait for a seller rather than go forward as a buyer. Yeah. tradephobia, is that a thing ?
"
Wolrajh wrote:
Ah, thanks, I figured indeed there was better options. Just looked lonely sitting here in the middle of the tree, ignored :)

As for Soulmantle... I suck at trading, like, big time. I even wanted to go SSF for the fun of it, but since I have a friend who occasionnally playss too...
Anyway, I wasn't even aware it costed alch. I was sure it was still a few chaos. Not that I don't have them but that made me want to just wait for a seller rather than go forward as a buyer. Yeah. tradephobia, is that a thing ?

yeah, but it can be cured easily with poe.trade :P
- TroubiCZ
Awesome guide. Never thought i would have so much fun with totem playstyle.

I just started mapping and was wondering one thing. How do u generate endurance charges? Only from enduring cry? In some of your vids i see ur charges going up to like 5 but i don`t see u use warcry. Am I missing something?

Cheers
"
Sakamoto1 wrote:

I just started mapping and was wondering one thing. How do u generate endurance charges? Only from enduring cry? In some of your vids i see ur charges going up to like 5 but i don`t see u use warcry. Am I missing something?

Cheers

i used a Chieftain in those videos which generates charges passively.

enulduring cry is the way to got

"
Sakamoto1 wrote:

Cheers

enulduring cry is the way to go

"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
Sakamoto1 wrote:

Cheers

enulduring cry is the way to go

I'm testing cwdt and ic with incr. duration right now.
Mainly because i usually forget to use warcry.

Do you use shield charge only for faster movement?
It doesn't feel much faster then walking.
well enduring cry is also my healthpoton the berserker. i spam it anyway. IC with 3 charges is always great

TY for the answer.

another question is,

I dont like Rite of Ruine because i hardly see any benefit from it.

Can i use Pain reaver instead? It just says 1% of damage, does totem rf dmg count?

Cheers again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info