If balance were not an issue, would you rather wield

Dual Wield. I'd like, with enough strength, to be able to use a two handed sword or ax in each hand. that would make melee great again!
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Last edited by ChanBalam on May 29, 2017, 3:22:16 PM
I have one character from a book I wrote that I try to re-create in every game I play.

He wields a glaive (broadsword or scimitar at the end of a staff). Combat style of graceful circular slashes all around him. Tera has the closest to that character with the Valkyrie class, but they can only be females, and that irks me. Rappelz had a glaive style spear weapon, but it's the weakest weapon type in the game.

Here, there are no glaives, and due to the control scheme (point click), plus the existence of reflect, corrupting blood, volatile blood, and overall balance of melee in PoE, I stick to totem builds to accomplish anything these days, with an occasional ice shot archer for funsies.

"
ChanBalam wrote:
Dual Wield. I'd like, with enough strength, to be able to use a two handed sword or ax in each hand. that would make melee great again!

DW 2h would need some sorta drawback, because that means you could get x3 6Ls. Like DW 2h, but you can't use an armor, or something like that.
I would dual wield pants.
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
ChanBalam wrote:

DW 2h would need some sorta drawback, because that means you could get x3 6Ls. Like DW 2h, but you can't use an armor, or something like that.

Well it would be done through a keystone I would assume so it could very well come with a drawback of "sockets in right hand weapon slot don't work" similar to Bringer of Rain where you can have a chest and gems but they are not usable. Or maybe they could combine them into a 12 link !
+1 the dual wield keystone idea. I think its great. Makes leveling gems in the swap hand easy as pie too, 12 instead of 6.

Oros and disfavour for the win ;)

Slainte,
Matt.
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
"
ChanBalam wrote:

dark souls style!
I dont see any any key!
Neden yaşıyorsun?
Dual short swords...

Artist: http://helmuttt.deviantart.com/
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on May 30, 2017, 1:26:42 PM
"
Jideament wrote:
that works for me!