How do you properly scale Caustic Arrow damage?

Unless I'm (gravely?) mistaken, what people want with that skill is for the "chaos cloud" to devastate everything, above the first initial impact of the projectile itself. So then its pretty much all about chaos scaling then, right?

What would be a good 6L for it then? I've seen a couple of setups with PPAD, that would be for the first impact only, right? Trying to figure out Caustic Arrow, first time I try it.

Thanks for any help. :)
Last bumped on May 25, 2017, 6:51:47 PM
4 main things you want for CA:

+3 Gems Bow
Chaos Damage
Projectile Damage
DoT Damage

PPAD only scales the actual arrow, but the cloud itself is boosted by other sources of projectile damage that aren't specifically Physical (Such as Slower Projectiles, Projectile passives etc)

Generally, Pierce is also good to get for CA, since it lets you target a mob at the back of a group, fire a shot and then get a bunch of clouds throughout the pack from all the dudes it passes through.

So an example of a 6L would be something like

Caustic Arrow
Void Manipulation
Rapid Decay
Slower Projectiles
Pierce
Concentrated Effect

Though you can switch Conc to something else like Faster Proj or Point Blank. It depends on your playstyle and how much you value raw damage over coverage/ease of use.
Last edited by Tarille on May 22, 2017, 4:43:22 PM
Does crit affect the cloud damage at all?
"
DiGG wrote:
Does crit affect the cloud damage at all?

It does not.
Also... I added Pierce Support, and in my character stats, it says "Arrow Pierce Chance" @ 10% (Drillneck). Where's the 50% from Pierce!??!
Last edited by DiGG on May 22, 2017, 5:37:17 PM
"
DiGG wrote:
Also... I added Pierce Support, and in my character stats, it says "Arrow Pierce Chance" @ 10% (Drillneck). Where's the 50% from Pierce!??!

Did you check your CA skill?

Since if you just opened up your character sheet, it defaults to the basic attack thing and since Pierce only affects the specific skill its linked to, it wouldn't show that.
Oh boy, what a NOOB I am! LOL! Thanks man hahaha. Ya, the default set at 10%, CA at 70% (atm).

Good. :)
"
Caustic Arrow
Void Manipulation
Rapid Decay
Slower Projectiles
Pierce
Concentrated Effect
What about Empower. That's a huge bonus to Caustic Arrow.
If you are relying on the cloud DOT, for a 6L CA setup, I would use void manipulation - rapid decay - concentrated effect - slower projectiles or pierce - empower.

Concentrated effect won't show up in the tool tip, though.

I use split arrow CoH vulnerability and a wither totem to help with damage.

Last edited by FarmerTed on May 22, 2017, 6:20:07 PM
Currently using 5L (with Empower lvl2), with a Wither spell totem setup, and the dps good on trash, but faarrrrr from being extraordinary on bosses. Will try with CoH + vuln...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info