Tired of people saying that life builds cannot do end-game content

Got a shadow assasin too, made after ZiggyD TornadoShot-Reach of the Council build. Under 6K life, and it is also doing well up to T14 maps. Probably it can do higher but never bothered.
Had a ranger deadeye also on life (my first bow character) which was even better. Swiched it on ES atm just for diversity.
Something is wrong with the player skills or is a bad concepted build if you can't stay alive on a HP build. Get lots of damage and leech and you are set for the game.
After playing life and ES, I must confess I like more life builds as they feel tankier overall. On ES characters I can't watch a movie while playing.
TIL: "Life is awesome if you don't want to use uniques."

JUST ONE SUFFIX and ONE PREFIX people... CMON!!!!
"
Piftiuta wrote:
Get lots of damage and leech and you are set for the game.

It's not enough - to make them work (and not die), you also need the HP pool.

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on May 22, 2017, 11:45:01 AM
"
Who said that Life can't do endgame?

Another one of these threads where the OP is twisting words and doesn't grasp the core problem.

Life is harder to build for endgame in terms of EHP. Not to mention that a reasonable amount of HP and DPS simply is nigh impossible unless you play a handful of specific builds. And that's the entire point. You can get 15k ES with simple investment and spec the rest of your points into offense. That's comparable to a 6k HP build, depending on which class and build we are talking about.

EDIT: And the irony in this statement is hilarious:
"
This is not hard people, just get strength and life in every gear slot, not fucking hard, 1 preffix, 1 suffix and that's it.

How is that ironic? You have to do the same to make ES viable. All it takes is using alts / trans / augmemt orbs, everyone has to do that to build either life or ES, or alternatively buy the gear, in which case life and strength is vastly cheaper than ES.

This also reminds me of when I rolled a jewel with +15 str and +7% life and was ecstatic, yet everyone was like 'lol Str roll is useless'. Really shows why people struggle to build viable life builds when they ignore the base stat to improve life.

When creating ES gear, Int rolls on top of 2-3 ES rolls are legendary. When creating life gear, people think Str sucks. So pro!
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Why does everyone keep quoting that they can do shaper with life builds? Its more of mechanical fight then anything. People run things like atziri and shaper with stupid low ammounts of life because of this.

When your running map after map with several mods on them, its not the same. Your going to get hit by enemies and with certain modifiers to damage and potential crits. Thats when your life or es pool kicks in.

Then you have things like build diversity. Yeah of course you can get life builds up to 10k, but you won't be getting the majority of life builds up to that. If your top side/right side of the tree, have fun with str. You can keep sacrificing the identity of your build to just go all rare gear with life str but then where is your build? The fun of this game is theorycrafting the synergy between uniques/skills/asc classes etc and seeing it come to life in the endgame.

Nobody is saying life builds can't do endgame. It's just frustrating when you have a build running smoothly only to have to gut your identity just to grab nothing but pure life/str everywhere. While ES doesn't have to do that. ES uniques have ES on them, other pieces can roll large flat ES on them to compensate other pieces, INT is a percentage increase, and an aura which in some cases can account for 2-3 pieces of a life build. Life builds don't have these options and such their build diversity lacks in what you can attempt to do.
"
"
bhavv wrote:
How is that ironic? You have to do the same to make ES viable. All it takes is using alts / trans / augmemt orbs, everyone has to do that to build either life or ES, or alternatively buy the gear, in which case life and strength is vastly cheaper than ES.

This also reminds me of when I rolled a jewel with +15 str and +7% life and was ecstatic, yet everyone was like 'lol Str roll is useless'. Really shows why people struggle to build viable life builds when they ignore the base stat to improve life.

When creating ES gear, Int rolls on top of 2-3 ES rolls are legendary. When creating life gear, people think Str sucks. So pro!

Gear being cheaper is irrelevant. We are talking about efficiency per EHP value, not the damn community price of the item. I'm really starting to wonder if you have ever actually played a build on ES and Life and compared them.

Come to think of it, I just had an epiphany in regards to one of my buids, so I might be giving you avery valid example very soon.

And STR does suck. It's only 1 HP per 2 STR. Even with 1000 STR, you get only 500 HP. Now compare the investment needed to reach that. Then compare the EHP values between a 1000 INT ES build to a 1000 STR Life build. Which one wins?

I don't even know why I keep argueing with you. You have shown me more than once that you are just wasting my time.

The life bonus feom str is multiplied by your life nodes. On the other hand, Int multiplies ES, hence why ES values on gear need to be around 5x higher than life ones to reach comparable numbers.

Base values are theoretically more powerful than multipliers, the only issue is that life nodes are severely weaker than ES nodes.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
TIL: "Life is awesome if you don't want to use uniques."

JUST ONE SUFFIX and ONE PREFIX people... CMON!!!!

Yes, this is one MAJOR Problem with life, the other major issue is the skill tree nodes.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
R.I.P Discharge Juggernaut.
I guess no one watches Nugi right...
Isn't this why ES is getting nerfed so hard? To try and bring it down to "just enough to do endgame content" instead of "simplify endgame content with extreme efficiency"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info