Tired of people saying that life builds cannot do end-game content

Since the manifesto for Life vs ES got posted, a lot of threads have been poping out about it, but the claims that some people have been making about life builds, just triggers me. I have never created an ES character, and yes, I do know they are stronger than life builds in the majority. But I feel like the only reason that people say that life builds cannot do end-game content is because they cannot achive an enough amount to survive a 1-shot and instantly regen to full health with Vaal Pact.
CI characters with 12k ES+ and Vaal Pact just trivialize end-game content, but they are not the only way to beat t16 and t17 bosses. I personally have 10,300 health at the moment and that is without Kaom's Heart, with it equipped I go to 11,800 health. This is not hard people, just get strength and life in every gear slot, not fucking hard, 1 preffix, 1 suffix and that's it.
But even without a great amount of health, you can do bosses like the Shaper, my level 92 Assassin had 6k health, and I did the shaper with it, died only 2 times, no Vaal Pact. And no, I'm not trying to show off, but with an enough use of your brain and decent reflexes you can do any boss really. If you know the boss mechanics, getting past them is up to your own level of skill, if you need to have 10k-12k ES to do so and instantly leech with Vaal Pact, then that is up to you, but don't go and post about life not being able to do end-game content just because you can't.
Last bumped on May 23, 2017, 4:21:48 PM
"
I personally have 10,300 health at the moment and that is without Kaom's Heart, with it equipped I go to 11,800 health. This is not hard people, just get strength and life in every gear slot, not fucking hard, 1 preffix, 1 suffix and that's it.

I agree with you on several points; doing end-game is quite possible as a life character. But you seem to be talking from a permanent league point of view, and that's not what the game is being balanced around. I also doubt you Assassin can do Shaper, as it has no weapons equipped :P
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
But ES needed a nerf tho
Life can totally do endgame especially on SC

even in HC i saw a guy pretty much own shaper with war chief totems
I dont see any any key!
Nobody is saying Endgame cannot be done with Life

But its Hell of a lot harder to do so

the Ehp is potentially way lower and takes way more points to reach a decent amount
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Who said that Life can't do endgame?

Another one of these threads where the OP is twisting words and doesn't grasp the core problem.

A guy with a post called "So instead of buffing life, they nerf ES??" said that GGG removed the ability to do end-game content by nerfing ES. I know that life is much harder to build around than ES, but that guy is just one of many claiming that life cannot to end-game. This post is for them.
"
Phrazz wrote:

But you seem to be talking from a permanent league point of view, and that's not what the game is being balanced around. I also doubt you Assassin can do Shaper, as it has no weapons equipped :P

I agree with you saying that I talk from a permanent league point of view as I do not play temp leagues. But here in Standard, life builds are not terrible. I made the post as a response to some claims stating that life could not do end-game content.
And yeah, my assassin currently has no gear equipped, I sold it as I wanted currency lol.
I do life RF and I am quite OK. Uber down, guardians down, Shaper down. Can do ANY red map with mods like vulnerability, 60% less HP regeneration or -16% max resist. I can even do maps with 2 of these mods.
What I can't do is "You have no HP regeneration". So if that means I can't do all game content, then yes is true.
I love this kind of threads - point out a particular case, and apply it as a general proof to your argument.

What about non-RF life builds? Those, which don't make use of HP nodes to increase their damage altogether with their life pool? Like, 99.99% of the rest?

Averagely geared high level toons (with good life on every piece of gear) get around 4.5-6.5K , depending on which side of the tree are they, and what's the damage-to-HP point distribution ratio.

Anything above 6-6.5K is either Kaom, or very specific builds, or mirrored gear all around.

The problem is, the average damage of mobs is balanced around HP pools in the 12-25K range, hence most life builds often don't even stand a chance when facing hard encounters.

For ex. yesterday got wrecked by 3 (three!) otherwordly devourers at 5.6K HP, 13K armor. Not three Shapers or smth, but common mobs. And 5.6K isn't even considered bad for a life based build.
If it was ES build at +10K, I would stay alive.

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on May 22, 2017, 11:38:59 AM
The main problem is that armor and evasion are just mechanically not reliable, so they never enter into the life VS ES argument. This basically means that all you care about is what can get the highest amount of EHP and recover that the best, and since vaal pact is/was a thing ES won. Now that vaal pact is life only there might be some thought to it, mainly because all other forms of recover are not nearly as good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info