Thought I would hate SSF... Ended up enjoying it!

Anyone else out there like this?

For a long time I have been playing this game and looking at crafting materials as currency only. It's actually really nice not caring about poe.trade, market prices for exalts, gear metas... everything.

I figured since the league was extended I would try SSF (since I was done with the regular league). It's actually awesome to find currency and use it as crafting mats. IDing uniques and rares and actually using what you find is cool.

If anyone here was very skeptical about SSF, give it a shot! It's actually kinda fun!

I'm about 5 days in and farming dried lake currently (Lvl 83 SRS - Necro).

Current gear for anyone interested:
Spoiler

Last edited by Prizy on May 21, 2017, 12:45:47 PM
Last bumped on May 22, 2017, 6:01:36 PM
Question:

Why and how do those melee supports work with summon raging spirit? The tags don't jive together at all... Just curious.
"
Question:

Why and how do those melee supports work with summon raging spirit? The tags don't jive together at all... Just curious.

Summon Raging Spirit does a melee attack, it's a physical fire based attack, so melee modifiers affect it. I understand why you would think it's strange since they are not wielding a sword, or other melee weapon, but just assume it's teeth are little baby swords ;].
Me and my kiwi pet have traveled the highways and byways of Wraeclast for over 4 years now and in all that time I've played SSF exclusively. The few times I've tried to buy and all I get is "seller is AFK" is frustrating and put me off trading for all time.

GGG really should be ashamed that they've allowed PoE to go forever without coding some form of asynchronous trade to eliminate "seller is AFK". We've needed it and GGG needs to reward player's loyalty with trade chat crap replacement. Also, GGG must replace trade chat so I can end my mtx boycott. I love Legacy League and would love to buy a supporter pack but damn it GGG, just give us asynchronous trade to allow buying without f***in off-line or unresponsive seller (who is justified in not stopping their play to conduct a few Chaos item sale).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I only started playing ssf when it became an actual game mode, I came back for it, and I'm never leaving <3

Keep us informed of your progress here.

"
seanxjohnson wrote:
"
Question:

Summon Raging Spirit does a melee attack, it's a physical fire based attack, so melee modifiers affect it. I understand why you would think it's strange since they are not wielding a sword, or other melee weapon, but just assume it's teeth are little baby swords ;].

Why don't the tags on the gem say so? It doesn't even state any of that in the description.

Convoluted game design.

Anyway, sorry to stray off topic. SSF is the best.
I thought the same of you when they said league was extended. I started playing SSF and was having lots of fun. was doing a Chaos Innoculation build, and really wasnt trying to be fast or run things to compete anyone, was slow and doing all quests, using currency, and all.

But....

GGG came with ES nerfs announced, and suddenly i felt like any investiment i have done or would do farming for that build will get lost.

This game changes too fast, and i realized that for SSF, thats is not good.

At least for now, i have no interest anymore on playing poe, on any mode or league.

I just deleted my SSF char. The others are just waiting to get lost on standart trash league.
"
HoockBr wrote:

GGG came with ES nerfs announced, and suddenly i felt like any investiment i have done or would do farming for that build will get lost.

It's the opposite for me. Knowing ES gear will be worse in the future motivates me to craft ES gear now. Last chance to get something realy good. Especialy since i only play and played SSF for a long time.
Last edited by DasName on May 21, 2017, 2:35:21 PM
"
DasName wrote:
"
HoockBr wrote:

It's the opposite for me. Knowing ES gear will be worse in the future motivates me to craft ES gear now. Last chance to get something realy good. Especialy since i only play and played SSF for a long time.

Exactly.

GGG has done current permanent leaguers a favour by announcing their intentions. There's plenty of time to make some items with broken mods before the patch comes along.

Get busy.
"
HoockBr wrote:
I thought the same of you when they said league was extended. I started playing SSF and was having lots of fun. was doing a Chaos Innoculation build, and really wasnt trying to be fast or run things to compete anyone, was slow and doing all quests, using currency, and all.

But....

This game changes too fast, and i realized that for SSF, thats is not good.

At least for now, i have no interest anymore on playing poe, on any mode or league.

I just deleted my SSF char. The others are just waiting to get lost on standart trash league.

That's unfortunately, one of the things I look for in a game is a constantly evolving challenge. The ES changes are no different. I welcome them and the inevitable changes that come post beta/feedback. If you're looking for a challenge-less game there are plenty of them out there!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info