Marauder builds [28] Need Feedback.

Oh ya, forgot that, with Geofry that is kinda useless not to go RT then.
ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard
Just go straight for the templar starting point IMO for the health nodes and another 1% regen. Get elemental adaptation for max resist.

Don't forget you can get the 3 skill points from the a3 quests. You can kill piety but DO NOT use the tower key to unlock the next act or you wont be able to que for lvl 28 pvp.
I've made two more builds, the first one is basically how I interpreted Sir0tis, and I must admit it seems extremely strong. The other one is a more pure damage build.

Survival build: (2 spare points)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEsxRNGS4kiyftPQ9QUFRJWGNfP2ebcql7jHy7fNmMz6IAqWisqrndxPbFisbY1I_nUu8O8B_yL_Pd9kg=

Damage build: (1 spare point)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBGS4hAiFVJ-0q9jkOQT9QUFHmVElYPVhjXz9yqXuMfNmBK4zPlIeexayqtC-53cbY1I_fsudS7w7yL_Pd9kj3Mg==

The main differences from the builds.

Survival build: 2 spare points. 62% increased dmg, 125 HP, 73% increased hp, 2.9% hp regen.

Damage build: 1 spare point. 136% Increased dmg, 60 HP, 37% increased HP, 1.9% hp regen, 26% reduced stun threshold on enemy.

To me the survival build seems strongest as it will have much higher hp and regen.
But then the damage build will probably hit so hard that it will negate the enemies armor to a much higher extent, so it will probably also be stronger then how it looks here on paper.

The damage build will whoop none twinked characters so hard that they probably will stop queuing for pvp, but I might meet some problems with experienced pvpers.

I'l admit I feel kinda lame going straight for the "strongest" pvper, but as mentioned, Geofri's is the only low lvl weapon I got, and I don't have that much currency.

When that's said, whats your thought on armor vs armor/evasion gear, I was thinking if everyone does so high dmg that it negates your armor anyway, it might be better to go for the hybrid version? Or maybe I'm wrong and most people don't have that kinda dmg.
I will give you some currency for free, just don't go Geofry :)

+ you can sell Geofri for 2-3 gcp and buy a lot of stuff for that.
ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard
Last edited by Ramanuga on Feb 25, 2013, 9:11:00 AM
"
Archheretic wrote:
I'l admit I feel kinda lame going straight for the "strongest" pvper, b

not even close ))
you gona be owned on pvp a lot
TBH unless you want Elemental Adaptation (or have no decent resist on gear), Blood Magic, or Resolute Technique you're better off trying off templar with one of these builds I made

6:4 - tank:dmg (get oak reward):
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAhMREcop0D1SpaBRNBLOiADKJd-VX4uw4KU8aOOQip4QabJBVna4ZhacIJKoVUDbpE8zjak_zqlJR-ezL8B8CcRhd

5:5 - tank:dmg (get oak reward)

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAhMREcop0D1SpaBRNBLOiADKJd-VX4uw4KU8aOOQip4QabJBVna4ZhcAapwgkquStFVA26d7BE8zjak_zqlJR-ezL

I personally like the first one much better - also a note on your other builds, unless you have an astramentis or gear that gives a decent chunk of dex/int you're gonna be screwed if you wanna use any leveled dex or int gems (like bear traps, curses, higher lvl flicker strike, etc.) so using the first templar build it makes you less gear reliant.

The first build I linked gives you as much hp overall ( and more if you have very high HP gear) as your survivability build (albeit less resists and no +5% max) and as much damage (if not a bit more) overall as your damage build if you use Added Fire Damage, More Weapon Elemental Damage support and does more damage than your damage build if you run Hatred or alot more if you have some good ele dmg on rings/gloves/amulets.

Well alas.....I like making builds, but its also not a very good idea to make good builds for people who never had to go through trial and error to get good at PvP - especially people trying to go for the "strongest builds" (its not, there a few builds that will rape you, but its irrelevant) instead of a unique/fun build that requires more thought to make work
Thanks for all the feedback, I'm pretty new to this game, but I like making builds.
I don't ask for builds so that I can copy them, I simply ask to get inspiration and because I think its interesting to hear others opinions and to discuss builds.

I've already made a lvl 28 Marauder and have placed some key points, but not filled out the build yet. This will probably be one of many pvp chars I make, and the others will probably have more interesting builds, I just wanted something complete different from my witch.

Slant you say the build do more dmg, but will it do more damage if the guy you meet has maxed out resistances? Added Fire Damage and More Weapon Elemental Damage sounds very mana heavy.
Last edited by Archheretic on Feb 25, 2013, 4:27:18 PM
I do now very much agree on that a character built around geofri's is pretty boring.
I'm sure I can lose against some twinks especially since I just ran with the super risky all damage build, but even with my crappy gear i just 1-2 shot everyone.
And if I feel like being lame or someone is lame vs me I can just use multiple flickering strikes.
Guess I'm just rambling about something you already now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info