Marauder builds [28] Need Feedback.

I've been wanting to make a lvl 28 pvp char for a while now, and the only good low lvl item I got in my stash is the dreaded Geofri's Baptism. My only other char is a PVE fire witch, so I got no experience with Marauders at all.

In the first build I've taken Resolute Technique and skills that will increase my dmg and stun, my only concern is that it might be too fragile, and that perhaps Resolute Technique isn't needed at such a low lvl?
Another thing I wonder about is the importance of the Flask Life skill, because I probably will have a much higher amount of health then the flasks will give me.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAGS4bUiftKS49_EE_RLJQUFHmVElYPVhjXz9yqXbufLh82YErjM-Uh57FqRqsqrQvud3G2NSP37LnUu8O8i_2SPcy

The second build is focused around Blood magic and a bit more survivability.
As mentioned I've only played Witch and therefor have no clue about the value of Blood Magic.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecUIBtFIQIpLjTyNug5DjpSPfxQR1BQVElVtVhjXz97jHy4jAaMz46_ns2nMKlzud3BBMbY37_nUu8O8i_2SPe-

ALL constructive feedback wanted! If you got some different builds or improvements please post!
Last edited by Archheretic on Feb 24, 2013, 9:19:54 AM
there no point in raw skilltree
what skill\auras you goin use
how good your items

bloodmagic version crap
resolute version has too little hp
and ofc you have no evasion\block
Now that's the kinda feedback I want, straight from the liver, but still constructive.
The only char I've made in this game is a lvl 60 witch, so I'm still kinda clueless.

I don't have any gear yet, the only sure item is Geofri's.
I don't really now how all the auras work.
If elemental auras only buff the elemental dmg I already got, then I guess Hatred Aura is the only one that makes sense, if not I should go with one that gives flat dmg right?

A low lvl clearity gem might be nice for mana regen?
Vitality seems pretty nice, but ofc I can't really have them all, and I don't know which one works best for pvp.

As for other gems, I was thinking; Flicker, Molten shell, perhaps bear trap vs other meleers, leap slam to counter traps, maybe chains, maybe vulnerabilty, rejuvenation totem.
I'l probably test out a lot of combinations to find out what works best for me.
I can understand that is a bit hard to make a build without knowing all the factors.

As for gear I'l try to combine hp/hp regen and dmg.
Last edited by Archheretic on Feb 24, 2013, 9:55:32 AM
if you dont have any gear for 28 pvp char dont bother yourself and make anything you want
play for fun and find what you like\needed then farm gear for pvp

2level clarity give you decent regen
Last edited by kiersz on Feb 24, 2013, 9:49:37 AM
Okey thanks for the help anyway, I know that accuracy gear plays an important role, but what are your thought in Resolute Technique with Geofri's in general, and the flask life skill?
Last edited by Archheretic on Feb 24, 2013, 10:00:23 AM
resolute is a must for low level mara
flack skill really not so important btw it depends on your playstyle and your flack
Someone told me that he didn't think the increase armor nodes was worth it at such a low lvl, do you disagree?

Sorry for all the questions btw, but even if I cant specialize my build properly cause of lack of gear, i still don't want to make a flawed build.
yes armor nodes not worth to take
You shouldn't be wrorried about gear, you will be surprised how fast you will get everything you need quite cheaply by using http://poe.xyz.is/.

Unless you want to find items yourself... ^^

I am not sure if resolute technique is that much of a must since you can have + accuracy from supprt gem (no mana multiplier) + some dex, additional accuracy from gear, + this will still leave you with 5-10 % crit chance, which will compensate your ~10% accuracy shortage. On the other hand, RT is very good for ignoring evasion. So, I guess, its possible to make nice build without RT, but with RT it would be many times stronger against evasion characters. But I haven't tried that. Am I wrong?

As far as mana is concerned, if you reach prety high mana + mana regen with your rings/amulet, you might even be ok without clairty, but if your oponent is defensive enough to drain your mana before death, then clarity might be needed against him. But generally Geofry's build crushes most oponents in seconds.

I personally would not recomment to play this build (based on Geofris maul) if you want some chalange, cause I play it sometimes myself and its extremely boring - either you 1-3 shot anyone, or they 1-2 shot you with even higher damage (another Geofri or dual striker). Especially multiple flicker strike gems makes it even stronger.
ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard
Last edited by Ramanuga on Feb 24, 2013, 11:54:29 AM
The thing is that the weapon I'm planning to use already remove my ability to crit, so the only drawback of going Resolute Technique is the points itself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info