Energy Shield and Life

"
"
ThorTX wrote:
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
ThorTX
Total Forum Posts: 15

3 Recent forum posts was a reply to me... nice, hope you was paid enough.

Yeah. Here is the mighty russian empire where peoples is "paid" for such a deeds.
Dude. Please ! I am just really sick of such pointless profanity.

You're a person whose highest-level character is apparently 77 talking to someone who has gotten the full 40 challenges for the last *several* leagues and has at least one level 100 character.

Other people with TreeOfDead's experience may disagree with them (that is, TreeOfDead's opinion isn't necessarily "authoritative"), but in terms of reasoning for gameplay changes, their experience speaks for itself. You can be confident that there is a basis for what they are saying because they actually play the game.

So don't just randomly accuse them of having no basis--make a substantial counter-argument. Because when it comes to inherent credibility on the topic of game balance, TreeOfDead beats you by a few million parsecs.

well.. this would be whole truth if we don't count the 19 other accounts. isn't it, and been leader of 2 guilds.
Anyway the point is NOT "show-off", which is childplay. My point is not to be trolled the topics which is important for a lot of peoples, which have spend their precious time in here in search of joy and fun.
I clearly understand that ES nerf will bring a fortune to some item sellers which primarely were selling HP based itesm, but this should definately bring a missfortune to a lot of normal players.
Last edited by ThorTX on Jul 18, 2017, 5:36:03 AM
+1 to those not moaning

GGG have a very tough job of balancing such a diverse population of unique character paths, I always played ES because it was clear cut better, does this limit power of some builds? Definitely, but so what, I was just copying almost everyone else and maxing ES because I was too lazy to worry about other defensive options. Its an illusion to think buffing life is better also, maybe some in this audience might complain less but everything else in the game would inflate to offset and result would be the same.

I like the changes, their will still be plenty of people going ES because the impact is mostly to very top tier gear which not all hardcore players even get to, but we will see more life builds and maybe/hopefully some more hybrid ES/Life builds. Not sure what I will go.. that's the whole point!

Good for you GGG on taking the hard road and making so many people cry for the good of the wider game!
"
ThorTX wrote:

well.. this would be whole truth if we don't count the 19 other accounts. isn't it, and been leader of 2 guilds.

So why you post from twink account? And so many post was about me (6 from 18 posts, lol)
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Sinderland wrote:
+1 to those not moaning

GGG have a very tough job of balancing such a diverse population of unique character paths, I always played ES because it was clear cut better, does this limit power of some builds? Definitely, but so what, I was just copying almost everyone else and maxing ES because I was too lazy to worry about other defensive options. Its an illusion to think buffing life is better also, maybe some in this audience might complain less but everything else in the game would inflate to offset and result would be the same.

I like the changes, their will still be plenty of people going ES because the impact is mostly to very top tier gear which not all hardcore players even get to, but we will see more life builds and maybe/hopefully some more hybrid ES/Life builds. Not sure what I will go.. that's the whole point!

Good for you GGG on taking the hard road and making so many people cry for the good of the wider game!

BULLSHIT
a huge ammount of bullshit

THE NERF IS NOT TO "the impact is mostly to very top tier gear which not all hardcore players even get to"

so many stupid people here on the replies clearly, CLEARLY,OH WELL

what fucking part of
TODAY'S 900 + ES ARMORS BECOME ROLLS OF 700 +
Today's 700 +will roll 500 +
Today's 500+ will roll 300 +

SO ,with a 300 + "good 500 in the past" ES armor [Removed by Support]
anyone new who won't know shit about these shiets " nerfs " ,who will wanna "try" Energy SHield caz it's cool / bluer/hipster idk ,THEY WILL HAVE A SHIT BUILD COMPARED TO LIFE BUILDS POST 3.0
New players will have even more shit Energy Shield armors if today's " Good roll meh " of 500 will be 300 , they will get even less than 300 most of the newbies,you do the math on how it affects the game & community per whole.

[Removed by Support] ANYONE ELSE WHO TROLLS HERE, will see how many new potential players roll ES then fail and ragequit PoE :D gg there goes playerbase increasing and potential customers for GGG"s microtransactions store...not to mention many existing players already ragequit and more will too,oh well.
Path of Nerfing Game Mechanics, yyyeap
Last edited by Isaac_GGG on Jul 21, 2017, 11:05:54 PM
According to that logic, 100 ES chests will now give you -100 ES chests. Lol
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
"
ThorTX wrote:

So why you post from twink account? And so many post was about me (6 from 18 posts, lol)

I am not interesting in spamming and trolling my fellow, as I said above. I hate it actually. Pluss, I am a d*mn too old for this sh*t. ( maybe if I were 20-25 years younger... maybe.. )

About You :
1st - You shall start finally read what the other said, and start thinking on it.
2nd - I've already answered this question I believe 3 times.
Last edited by ThorTX on Jul 20, 2017, 2:04:45 AM
"
thegamingkage wrote:
"
Sinderland wrote:
+1 to those not moaning

BULLSHIT
a huge ammount of bullshit

THE NERF IS NOT TO "the impact is mostly to very top tier gear which not all hardcore players even get to"

so many stupid people here on the replies clearly, CLEARLY,OH WELL

what fucking part of
TODAY'S 900 + ES ARMORS BECOME ROLLS OF 700 +
Today's 700 +will roll 500 +
Today's 500+ will roll 300 +

SO ,with a 300 + "good 500 in the past" ES armor [Removed by Support]
anyone new who won't know shit about these shiets " nerfs " ,who will wanna "try" Energy SHield caz it's cool / bluer/hipster idk ,THEY WILL HAVE A SHIT BUILD COMPARED TO LIFE BUILDS POST 3.0
New players will have even more shit Energy Shield armors if today's " Good roll meh " of 500 will be 300 , they will get even less than 300 most of the newbies,you do the math on how it affects the game & community per whole.

[Removed by Support] ANYONE ELSE WHO TROLLS HERE, will see how many new potential players roll ES then fail and ragequit PoE :D gg there goes playerbase increasing and potential customers for GGG"s microtransactions store...not to mention many existing players already ragequit and more will too,oh well.
Path of Nerfing Game Mechanics, yyyeap

Life and Hybrid combined SHOULD be the more common and attractive to most players than CI. Name me another keystone passive that was taken by nearly every player pushing into high tier maps (VP doesn't count because it was mostly abused because of CI/GR). Keystones are meant to be niche pickups that come with actual trade-offs. There was absolutely no downside to CI in 2.6. You got all the luxury of insta-leech that life builds were afforded with none of the end-game drawbacks.

The nerfs fit with the goal of energy shield as a mechanic. It's meant to be that you are given a higher EHP than life while forcing you into a play style that requires you to not take a ton of hits. I can Path of Building a 10-12K CI character pretty easily with 3.0 gear numbers and that's not taking into account new 3.0 uniques that may make scaling easier. Do I have to pick up a few more ES nodes on the tree than I did before? Sure, but it's still less than life requires.

Put it this way.. in 2.4, I had a Cospri's Malice CI Assassin Discharger with 10K ES, mediocre gear, and I got barely any ES from my chest at all because I used Voll's Devotion. If CI is the gear scaling EHP that everyone agrees it is, I shouldn't be able to outclass any life build without even investing defense into the most important slot.
Last edited by Isaac_GGG on Jul 21, 2017, 11:04:05 PM
"
KarlHungus01 wrote:

Life and Hybrid combined SHOULD be the more common and attractive to most players than CI. Name me another keystone passive that was taken by nearly every player pushing into high tier maps (VP doesn't count because it was mostly abused because of CI/GR). Keystones are meant to be niche pickups that come with actual trade-offs. There was absolutely no downside to CI in 2.6. You got all the luxury of insta-leech that life builds were afforded with none of the end-game drawbacks.

The nerfs fit with the goal of energy shield as a mechanic. It's meant to be that you are given a higher EHP than life while forcing you into a play style that requires you to not take a ton of hits. I can Path of Building a 10-12K CI character pretty easily with 3.0 gear numbers and that's not taking into account new 3.0 uniques that may make scaling easier. Do I have to pick up a few more ES nodes on the tree than I did before? Sure, but it's still less than life requires.

Put it this way.. in 2.4, I had a Cospri's Malice CI Assassin Discharger with 10K ES, mediocre gear, and I got barely any ES from my chest at all because I used Voll's Devotion. If CI is the gear scaling EHP that everyone agrees it is, I shouldn't be able to outclass any life build without even investing defense into the most important slot.

Thus, that You like / love something does not make it THE MOST IMPORTANT THING in the World for the rest of peoples.

Path of Exile originally is a game of freedom of choices. This is what's makes it unique.
Here You are clearly asking for decreasing this level of freedom, which I am strongly against.
Last edited by YordanY1 on Jul 21, 2017, 4:10:27 AM
In their hearts, everyone who has played ES at some point these past few years can agree that a nerf was needed, whether we like it or not is beside the point.
In my guild (we are playing 100% HC temp leagues) everyone was running around with 15-20k ES RF/Summoner/etc, some extremely cautious ones had closer to 25k. And that was BEFORE guardian buffs so as you can see, this was kind of ridiculous compared to life.

I however took a different path, ie: "How much damage can you pack into a build that still has barely sufficient defense?" :D - i.e. I would build for 9-12k ES while getting millions of DPS, in temp hardcore. Needless to say I died a lot to reflect, but still I had fun and an amazing time playing a game, that certainly wasn't too easy - one mistake and you are dead, just like HC should be.

Now, I am perfectly fine to halve my damage in order to get more defense nodes. That's fair honestly. BUT in my humble opinion, balance changes should be implemented in a way that doesn't flat-out kill the viability of so many builds that depend on a certain mechanic. Like someone else has said, PoE wants to be a game of many/near-endless choices, as opposed to D3 where you can play like 2 specs per class and that's it.

I am talking about Vaal Pact and ES of course. There is simply no way to play ANY of those high risk, high damage chars based on ES without the GR/VP mechanic. And for me at least, that's very sad.

Make the combination of GR/VP more unattractive somehow, give it a shitton of downsides for all I care. But to kill the interaction entirely is not "balancing". It's severely limiting the options of all the players out there seeking build diversity.

Just my 2 cents...
"
YordanY1 wrote:
"
KarlHungus01 wrote:

Thus, that You like / love something does not make it THE MOST IMPORTANT THING in the World for the rest of peoples.

Path of Exile originally is a game of freedom of choices. This is what's makes it unique.
Here You are clearly asking for decreasing this level of freedom, which I am strongly against.

I've said it before. The "nerf everything into the ground" crowd are gaming Bolsheviks. They won't be happy until PoE experiences such a degree of entropy, it will eviscerate into the Cosmos, never to return.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info