Valve is not your friend

I certainly trust Valve more than Polygon.

The opener sounds like it was copywritten by an EA employee, and the closer is a bunch of cherry-picked bullshit. Oh, and the writer is a pseudonym.

---

The best thing that could happen is if another company made an actually not shitty online store with DRM that didn't make people want to tear their hair out. I don't think that's going to happen, though. It's much more likely that Steam will be used to sell more and more non-game software instead.
"
pneuma wrote:
I certainly trust Valve more than Polygon.

The opener sounds like it was copywritten by an EA employee, and the closer is a bunch of cherry-picked bullshit. Oh, and the writer is a pseudonym.

---

The best thing that could happen is if another company made an actually not shitty online store with DRM that didn't make people want to tear their hair out. I don't think that's going to happen, though. It's much more likely that Steam will be used to sell more and more non-game software instead.

All i can say is that GOG is better. Full refunds, no DRM.
I like GOG a lot too for everything that is available without DRM. The problem that Valve/Steam solves is how to manage DRM, though.

It would be fucking great if every AAA game that came out was DRM-less, but the game publishers are way too gun-shy, even after seeing stuff like Witcher sell great numbers without DRM.
Steam provides a good service, that's all I care about. Of course it's a yuge corporation and tries to make/save money whenever it can. But as a customer I really can't complain much tbh.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
pneuma wrote:
I like GOG a lot too for everything that is available without DRM. The problem that Valve/Steam solves is how to manage DRM, though.

It would be fucking great if every AAA game that came out was DRM-less, but the game publishers are way too gun-shy, even after seeing stuff like Witcher sell great numbers without DRM.

Would be great if GOG would get more AAA games and newer titles. I think a lot of people would see it as a bigger and better tool that steam.
Remember the bad days when computer games cost like 30-70 to get an original boxed copy off the shelf while we were only primary school/ middle school kids with no financial capability? Valve settled the score for us once and for all.
Steam is amazing, long live steam.

I remember that No Man's Sky was the best game I ever pre ordered. Worth very penny. And no, not being sarcastic at all, 10/10 perfect game on launch day.

My opinion was super fun on the Steam forums lol.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on May 16, 2017, 3:48:58 PM
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Remember the bad days when computer games cost like 30-70 to get an original boxed copy off the shelf while we were only primary school/ middle school kids with no financial capability? Valve settled the score for us once and for all.

Yeah, by dumping DRM on them. Now you can buy boxed copies with steam DRM.
"
Deadpeng wrote:

You could easily spend ~100 bucks in today's money on one N64 game back then. Shit was expensive.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on May 16, 2017, 4:05:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info