Help a pvp noob out! (lvl 28)

In every game were it's possible to pvp, pvp has always been my main focus.
I got a PVE fire witch which I'm very happy with, but its now time for me to make a pure pvp character.

I was wondering how far into the game have you come when your lvl 28, what kinda quests should you have done (quest rewards), and how many skill points do you have.

I guess you have time to do the bandit quest? Is the 40+ health as good in low lvls or is it better to go for a skill point due to not having that much Hp% increase?

Edit: I got another question, how do you farm items for your build, I was thinking if you manage to do the key quests (quest rewards) earlier on then your supposed to then go back to one of the first areas and farm items there so which will barely give xp, but still high lvl drops?

Is there a lvl req for acts or difficulties, was thinking if a guy get boosted through so he will get the highest amount of quest rewards possible.
Last edited by Archheretic on Feb 24, 2013, 7:01:01 AM
I've done some research of my own, and got the reminder that you can not enter normal pvp if you enter cruel.
Which means you can get +6 skill points from completing normal +1 skill point from bandits if you go that route.

So your total amount of skill points at lvl 28 will be 27 + 6(+1) = 33/34 I'm I correct?
yes
No you can't enter act3, so its 27 + 3(+1)
sorry Hexy but you CAN enter act 3
i kill piety and have 33 skill spent

crap now youre goin be even more deadly than before
(insert facepalm here)
Last edited by kiersz on Feb 24, 2013, 10:19:29 AM
Maybe you did it before it was fixed but any new character get the message "You can't enter PvP because : You have already completed this act".
i do it 20 or 21 feb it not so long ago
well if it fixed in new patch i dont know anything about it and it not explained in patch notes
Hmm, that's weird I have completed act3 also, except for opening the Sceptre of god, and can PvP. The requirements have always been that you are level 28 or below, and never entered cruel.
noooooouuu dont give Hexy 3 skill
PLEAААААSEEEE
Last edited by kiersz on Feb 24, 2013, 10:40:14 AM
"
Archheretic wrote:

Edit: I got another question, how do you farm items for your build, I was thinking if you manage to do the key quests (quest rewards) earlier on then your supposed to then go back to one of the first areas and farm items there so which will barely give xp, but still high lvl drops?

There are two efficient ways to do that:

1) make hihg lvl character and farm maps for lots of currency. Then look for items you want in forums and pay that currency. Use http://poe.xyz.is/ for that, or you will hardly find anything you want.

2) make high lvl character, and farm areas where you get ilvl 36 (lvl 28 requered) white items. Collect them (preferably with links), then use your currency to craft them. But this method requeres like 10 or 100 times more currency. So, in the beggining I would recommend first method.

I will also advice you not to play pvp in this game if you don't have a lot of patience cause you will most probalby meet some builds that will one shot you. You might become angry and crush someone irl for that ^^
Anyways, if you are mature/patient enough , not like me, then you should analyze builds you might take, cause some builds are way more powerfull than others. Therefore, if you want to win most of your games, you should choose one of those a bit unbanalanced (yet) builds (as for example 5k dps dual striker), otherwise you will instantly die and become frustrated. On the other hand, if you just want to have some good times, and wining is not really a matter for you, then any build will be ok.

Hope this helps, good luck, have fun dude!
ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard
Last edited by Ramanuga on Feb 24, 2013, 11:34:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info