Damage Over Time Changes - Part 2

Rip rare weapon crafting. It was already almost impossible. It will become really impossible now.
GGG you really have to do something about the affix mods on rare gear being 99.999% of the time rubbish for the corresponding ilvl.
Will you change viper strike to be more of an poinson kill skill?
it really feelt wierd before as increaseing the damage over time also increased the UPFRONT damage, and thats not at all what you'd want if you make a build around it.

attacks for 16% damage

poisons for 16% damage per second for x(8) seconds

whould be far more cooler
IGN: Nivius
Ty for scam <3
was pretty much what i expacted what i dont understand/agree on is why duration nodes/gem doesnt shouldnt work on poison
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
6 points for almost double DOT damage was too good, I just hope the new nodes for ailment duration aren't as tiny as "Entropy" and are still in the center of the tree.
Perception is reality.
Long overdue. I like seeing the tryhards get confused and frustrated, relax GGG will always leave op skills on the table, the fun part is finding them.
Second-class poe gamer
the wed change seems nice
So if I have a build mainly dealing burning damage (through scorching ray and flame totem) and I have some zombies with a chance to ignite gem. My build does not contain any bonuses for minions. Will their ignite deal the same amount of burning damage as my player character with scorching ray or as the flame totems?

(yeah I know this build sounds weird and not optimal. I just used gems I have and put them in empty slots)
Last edited by Epikur on May 3, 2017, 5:06:43 AM
"
Nivius wrote:
Will you change viper strike to be more of an poinson kill skill?
it really feelt wierd before as increaseing the damage over time also increased the UPFRONT damage, and thats not at all what you'd want if you make a build around it.

attacks for 16% damage

poisons for 16% damage per second for x(8) seconds

whould be far more cooler

melee ED?
Hi Rory and team,

Thank you for the manifesto! I'm very happy with all those changes.

I have a DoT related question that would really love to get answered; as a main RF player there's one topic left in PoE mechanics that I find both very confusing and irritating to theory-craft without a tooltip: "conditional increases to damage over time" (and how they apply to Righteous Fire).

In this post Mark explained that conditional increases to damage over time on enemies don't apply to DoTs.
This meant that playing for weeks with the unique "Singularity" did not actually provide me with any bonus damage at all versus "hindered" enemies, without a clear in-game way to realize that.

But does this issue also affects conditional damage over time boosts on the player?

For instance, "6% increased Damage per Endurance Charge" from the Juggernaut, or his "30% increased Damage while you have Fortify".
And what about unique like Scourge converting increases to minion damage to you, and its conditional "70% increased Minion Damage if you have Hit Recently"?

Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info