[2.6] Magma Bob, Shaper Down, Self Cast, VIDEOS Incl. 1 MIL DPS against Shaper POB//200-300k Tooltip

Something I made during Legacy League.

Path of Building, fully charged DPS against Shaper totals to 1mil

with GMP (dps per orb) (tooltip)
Spoiler

a fun screenshot with headhunter mods lul

Deathless Shaper First Attempt:
https://youtu.be/jGUvRHB_e-I

A Deathless Quick Hydra TurboBoss/-Max (Ignore the vortex, was playing around with extra slots)
https://youtu.be/hHo7LNcK3ZI

Shaped Strand Run:
https://youtu.be/zo6KLplPjrE

Double Beyond Shaped Atoll:
https://youtu.be/x3ZK-HFzrEA

Double Beyond Shaped Strand(HH) *1:49 for big drops:
https://youtu.be/w4VG4b-gznQ

I initially made the character as a Fireball Self Cast, but decided to go Magma Orb instead. Magma Orb deals around the same damage per hit at lvl 20-21, the difference is less AOE but more hits per cast compared to fireball.

This is due to its chaining effect that scales with level, capping out at a possible 4 bounces at level 21 >. (+2 for a total of 6 with helm enchant)

In essence, it kind of plays like a spellcasting spectral throw without returning projectiles.

Inevitability is a great jewel, it offers up to 2 extra projectiles and 10% aoe increased per chain, this exponentially widens your arc of bouncing wave as the chains increase.

This lets us permanently run concentrated effect for a huge more multiplier in our setup with little downside.

This jewel also allows for us to run no multiple projectiles - lesser - greater up to our own preference.

Personally, I opted for just 1 of the jewel and run GMP when mapping for maximum clearspeed.

The character is ES based for maximum potential pathing around the tree, generally you would want to be low-life. But CI is possible.

Banditos are:
Normal: Kill All (Passive Point) / Kraityn (If you require more resists)
Cruel: Alira (Cast Speed)
Merciless: Alira (Power Charge)

Low-Life Tree @95
Passive skill tree build

CI Tree @95
Passive skill tree build

Ascendancy:

Inquisitor - stacking lots of crit on our character lets us ignore all elemental resistances, mobs and bosses included. No need for wise oaks! :)

Main Setup/Body:
For your body armor, you either want a Shavronne's Wrappings, a Skin of the Loyal (pref +2) or a simple decent rolled Vaal Regalia for CI.

Main Links:

Now the options:

If you are running two inevitability jewels, LMP is enough for mapping.
Between slower projectiles and pierce, is your personal choice but I usually bring both for different bosses. For faster moving bosses, pierce is recommended as the swap out.

If you are CI, controlled destruction can makeup for the damage loss of pain attunement. If you are low life or already have enough damage however, faster casting gives a hefty amount of cast speed for spell echo to scale its MORE cast speed off - resulting in a huge QOL when dishing out your magma balls.

Movement Setup/Weapon:
for mapping (not necessary with inquis built in attack speed)
general cheap and good (higher ignite damage)
end game/ bossing (a good rare dagger will beat everything) you want to look for added fire/lightning, crit chance for spells and crit multi, any other mods are icing on a cake

Gem Links:

No better option here, shield charge scales off aspd + mspd which we have alot of. Even with a no attack speed weapon, our ascendancy gives us a whopping 30% attack speed flat after casting any spell for general QOL movement.

Helmet:

+2 magma orb chains is ridiculous for mapping, bringing us to a total of 6 bounces, bigger aoe, more hits. I suggest buying a helmet with the enchant and chaos spamming it, like I did.

Gloves:
Simple high ES gloves with resistances you need, it will be nice if you can roll attack speed on it for shield charge
Another option I use for mapping sometimes, free rampage and crit chance/multi is really good for chaining maps

Boots:
Fantastic DPS. Fantastic Energy Shield. Shock ground immunity. Movement speed. Such an underrated item.
Not needed, as we can use Orb of Storms/PCOC and a Presence of Chayula for huge flat ES but is a good QOL improvement and lets us run one more herald(of ice) which only helps with mapping.

Shield:
What you are looking for is high ES, good res and preferably spell crit/spell dmg

Accesories:
Amulets:
this is the go-to if you are low-life. - gives your life x0.3 in flat ES which totals to around 300 flat for me. Also stun immunity and chaos res is great.

If you wear skyforths or a valyrium, a damage amulet is possible.

For general mapping/mf purposes. Bisco's are always great to have.

If you are CI, eye of chayula is also relevant.

Rings:
If you do not want to use a chayula/skyforths - valyrium is a solid option to solve ES stun problems.

These are self crafted rings with Essence of Anger(s), what you want is mainly Fire damage, res, some ES and %ES mastercraft.

Belt:
simple crystal belt with ES/stats you need and Res is enough, we don't need hysteria belts as inquisitor ignores elemental resistance on crit.
for mapping purposes, a HH is always great clearspeed

AURAS:

Scale your clarity level to your hp/mana needs. (Level 3 enlighten is enough, unless you need more mana)

Extremely important as this is our life leech as a spellcaster.

If you don't want to run Herald of Ice, simply drop an enlighten into blood magic setup with Disc/HoT.

CI- Run Discipline, Warlord's Mark and Clarity

Other gems we use:

our best friend

power charges

if you have spare slots-
i've been playing around with these for huge boss fights (think guardians, shaper, uberatziri) and it does give quite a big ES leech on hit (2-3k per) so possible to use. Will update on this

Flasks:
change according to needs - mainly we need a utility anti-freeze flask

get the grounding diamond if you want to use vinktars

great for AOE clear

we don't need vinktars, but it is slightly better for bossing. our crits with herald of thunder added damage naturally shock enemies already.

bleeding if you dont have bleed immunity on any of your other flasks yet, otherwise adrenaline is always the way to go!

Other cocktails you might want to look at:
if you don't need the dying sun AOE and want some phys mitigation.

A player trying the build pm-ed in game and made me realise I missed out a jewel section, this is IMPORTANT!

Threshold

x1 or 2 of course this is the point of building magma orb

Rares

cannot be cursed with silence is rare but it does happen and if you're going really fast in maps it's important to have one with this to keep yourself from dying due to not being able to cast anything

Priorities for jewel stats
Crit Multi(Any type)>Projectile Damage(Double dips everything)>Crit Chance>Cast Speed>Energy Shield

Don't neglect your jewels! Every bit counts

Feel free to PM me in-game for help, if I'm available I'll try my best to do so.
IGN: Ken_A
Last edited by kennethang on May 11, 2017, 2:26:56 AM
Last bumped on Aug 16, 2017, 8:57:43 AM
done. up.
So cool,my dps just have 8k :(
if you unprivate your profile/ characters tab, i could help you see what to fix for magma orb? :) cheers
Probably this is the next pj i will play, and wanted to know what think of the Voidbringer Conjurer Gloves as an option.
Hey there, voidbringer is an extremely solid budget option that I have considered running. It depends though.

Firstly, mana management may become a problem using them as a 6-linked magma orb setup will probably cost around 83-100 mana (gmp,lmp or slower/pierce). Ideally, you wanna roll maybe a 40% increased mana cost on your gloves.

If you do run voidbringers though, I highly recommend to place your aura gems inside the gloves for free +1. So Anger and Herald of Thunder with Blood Magic and Enlighten preferably.

You could also always use a Maligaro's if you crave DPS.
Last edited by kennethang on May 10, 2017, 5:40:12 AM
[deleted]
Last edited by szuje25 on May 9, 2017, 8:31:06 AM
Giving this a bash on HC.

Only up to Act 4 normal so far though. See how it foes, don't mind the play style so far :D
Had a player with full on end game gear following this build pm asking about dps and jewels, which made me realise I missed out on a jewel section!

Updated with jewel section.

+Also added Hydra kill vid
Last edited by kennethang on May 10, 2017, 5:51:06 AM
I'd like to give my two cents on the leveling experience of this build. So far i'm having a good time - it clears very well so far. I'm in normal act 5 at the moment but I'd imagine the clearing staying strong for a good while.

I'd highly recommend that if you're leveling this build to get two Axiom Perpetuum. They work very well with this build and it allows you to focus on getting ES nodes early on as the survivability of this build seems to be the biggest problem with leveling. You'll have lots of crit chance from two Axiom's and once you've grabbed most of the ES nodes your damage will ramp up even more from Crit & Damage nodes. Axiom is pretty cheap and it'll probably last you till mid to late cruel if you don't find an upgrade.

Anyways, thanks for the awesome build. Will update if there's any changes in leveling for later difficulty.

Edit: Also forgot to add that i'm in SC league so please don't take this as HC advice as I have no experience with that.
Last edited by SlimTim on May 10, 2017, 2:18:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info