Damage Over Time Changes - Part 1

Please explain how this will interact with DOT dealt by minions

Will this damage be afected by passives or only by socketed gems?
Finally some more versatility in builds. Hope for some life/ES balance next!
A new KEYSTONE WHAT?! First one of those in a while, can't wait to see it.
"
Will RF be classified as a DoT now or will it continue to be a degen? Does any of this affect degens?
They meant Secondary effect DOT i think
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Burning damage support will be multiplicative? Better dot nodes on tree?Dot Keystone (maybe)? Inb4 RF league...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Good, but now since these mechanics are just another way to play instead of a mandatory boost to build damage, what about getting rid of immunities especially on guardians? Resistances to damage types, even high, are ok, immunities are not
"
We had to reduce the power of core passives and common items that are effective for Ignite and Poison builds to the point where they're not worth the investment for other builds.

So are we going to see these things buffed to make them more viable for non-DOT builds, then?
Well it's about time.
Good to see the game it continuing towards balance. Now if only a bunch of the damn near useless skills in the game were to be re balanced.
For example not that ignite doesn't double dip, maybe you could have Detonate Dead have a high chance to ignite. Or Puncture being able to have an actual damage multiplier.
R.I.P. Double Dip!
im curious what this means for builds that havent really been abusing double dipping, but do rely on poison/bleed as an extra source of dps.

as an example, i use a resolute technique 2h slayer build, and the dps achievable without crits is substantial but still rather low on the endgame damage spectrum, unless i use a voidheart, which significantly boosts my dmg and allows the character to do endgame content reliably. is there any concern or thought going into non abusive builds such as mine who simply need another source of dmg to achieve reasonable dps?

if im understanding the changes correctly, bleed/poison/ignite wont be all that useful unless you heavily invest into the passives that scale them. if so, then it seems like almost all RT melee builds are basically dead, as they rely almost exclusively on the dps boost from voidheart to be reasonable endgame characters.
Last edited by Titoisagod on Apr 26, 2017, 9:05:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info