Ziz's death - The engine is breaking

Stands on giant flame blasts, "what's hitting me."

PoE players...

GGG should ban him he was clearly using a macro
Deliver pain exquisite
Last edited by ultratiem on Apr 22, 2017, 6:18:49 AM
i love poe for presenting the player massive amounts of monsters in a huge density to slaughter. It gets problematic if the engine just can not handle it even on i7 with geforce gtx 1080.
It is ridiculous how many people complain about the "lackluster engine". People just see lag and think blah bad engine.

Servers, clients, network impose varying technical limitations. No engine can do anything at any time.

So GGG has two options :
a) be generous with limitations so that players can have fun spawning as much as they want expecting them to be somewhat smart to stop on their own when they reach the limits ( which arent set, since server load, client performance as well as network load varies between player systems ( and what they run alongside the game, e.g. live streaming software, videos, etc ), time of day network conditions / server load and other factors )
b) set harsh limits so that even the worst client with the worst network conditions even at times when the server is under the most heavy load will not cause any issues

Since a) doesnt work because people cant stop before they are way -beyond- the technical limitations and still dont stop and then reddit crowds go on the bad engine witchhunt ( and due to the upcoming Xbox release ) people - sadly - will soon get to see a perfectly fine engine - just because GGG will ( have to ) switch to option b and set harsh limits because players cant deal with the freedom and blame the engine / game for the freedom they were given.

Why can people not be smart and say - wow, that was fun, you exploited the freedom you were given and ripped as you deserved it and it was fun.

Well it doesnt matter because the Xbox release just cemented what would have to be done anyways to not let people shittalk the engine.

Enjoy Breaches and Beyond while it is there - it wont last much longer. Soon we get tiny AoE, limited number of summons, limited number of spawned Perandus, Breach, beyond mobs - and probably a projectile maximum range. Then the engine suddenly will work perfectly fine ( at the cost of the game being less fun ).
When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
Last edited by AdFinitum on Apr 22, 2017, 8:09:33 AM
This sometimes is on the users end, it looked more like his processor was shitting himself rather than lag.

If windows is updating in the background for example that can happen even with an i7.
ey
"
inuke wrote:
This sometimes is on the users end, it looked more like his processor was shitting himself rather than lag.

If windows is updating in the background for example that can happen even with an i7.

Hilarious
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
inuke wrote:

dude... xD
Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/c/MrJimGaming
"

PoE players...

He have gluttony of elements active, so he would be healing from that.
"

PoE players...

I don't know but wouldn't you expect someone to not die when he is a macro abuser? ^^
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
People love to shit on the engine but the other side of that medal would be having yuge limitations in place like D3 and other games. I love my freedoms even if they sometimes lag me to death.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
People love to shit on the engine but the other side of that medal would be having yuge limitations in place like D3 and other games. I love my freedoms even if they sometimes lag me to death.

I can agree with that, lets face it, when a game is throwing as much shit about as PoE it's going to suffer badly, it's amazing that something a few programmers made is coping as well without the limitations that other games have imposed on themselves.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info