Buff unique bows. (pretty please)

Dunno where you're pulling those amazing OP builds from but my melee characters (actually melee) with mediocre gear kill just as fast if not faster than my bow character with that legacy RotC while having multiple times better survivability.

Bow builds involve constant juggling with gear and nodes trying to get reasonable HP but it's never enough and you have to play very carefully regardless because about anything that connects can kill you even with flasks and curse, yet the damage output isn't spectacular in the slightest.
"
The_Risen wrote:
After last rotc nerf, all unique bows are mostly trash tier compared to Cheap rare bows, except for niche builds.

Two handed weapons have starforge, hegemony era and others, daggers have bino's and amazing passives, claws have scourge, howa and others (and amazing nodes as well now) wands have the most op barrage build and void batteries, swords have varunastra, but bows? To hell with them.

Lioneyes glare for example, buff the crit a bit (5>6%) and its perfect. edit: Ok ive heard about a few builds with this one, great, still much worst than a relic rotc and a decent rolled harbinger (i've tested it on path of building now). Plus, someone pointed out, which i've discovered recently through the worst way, that LG is awful when used with attacks on reflect damage mobs because if you had any evasion, it could mitigate reflect damage, but not agains't it... since reflect damage uses your own accuracy against you (i.e. 100% chance to hit, all reflected damage is instantly taken).

Voltaxic, same thing, needs more crit, maybe an implicit, maybe more chaos conversion for attacks (not spells)..... I've used it (near max roll, +1 power charges/+1 arrow) before i got a relic rotc, and boy, the difference is HUGE, like 3x more dps with rotc...

The infractem, needs a bit of aps + not being able to leech IS PAINFUL.
Chin sol/darkscorn, more aps.
Slivertongue is a joke, so is nuro's harp i guess and many others.
Xophs nurture aps is another joke, usable for some niche build's ive heard.
Death opus has so much potential, but it could use another fated transformation (lol 2x times fated) to boost it's APS or something.

Just remembered about roth's reach, which has 2 prophecies that cause it to drop, maybe one of them was intended to actually be a fated version of it? If it was, i know it would be great (increase the aps + physical damage on the fated version plz)

Also, crafting rare bows (and weapons in general) is NOT. WORTH IT, too much RNG (unless you are wealthy or too dedicated). Therefore, the need for unique endgame viable is even more dire, specially for bows atm.>> Just a reminder that i know uniques are not supposed to be better or even near top rolled rare items, i like this design, and trust me, or check it yourself with path of building program... unique bows are nowhere near being better than top notch rares.

Hegenony's Era? Starforge? Those are just ridiculously OP (stat-wise) items, that counter-weight an awful state of 2-h staves and swords. Because those items exist, no one even bothers picking up rare 2-h words and staves - why bother, if players will use OP uniques instead, anyway?

Uniques should NOT be so poweful, that they over-shadow any rare for generic build (except something like 6xT1 godly mirrored rare). They should either have "average" stats (i.e. act as budget weapon, until you get good rare), either allow unique builds/playstyles, that wont be even possible without them (like Iron Commander or Voltaxic).

Perhaps, Slivertongue, RotC and Nuro's Harp are kinda too weak (considering their rarity and level required), but other unique bows (Iron Commander, Voltaxic, Chin Sol, Lioneye's Glare, Windripper, Doomfletch Prism, etc) are completely OK, and are good examples of how what ALL unique weapons should be.

Sure, there is too much RNG in crafting rare weapons. Blame GGG for that, and ask to revise weapon mods system, not band-fix it with OP uniques (like Hegenomy's Era, that can be beaten only by 6xT1 staff).
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
The_Risen wrote:
After last rotc nerf, all unique bows are mostly trash tier compared to Cheap rare bows, except for niche builds.

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
Raudram wrote:

I've got this and it's not even impressive, I deal more damage with a LG. This is the first version of the bow and a very good roll as well. Current version is 1 chaos junk.

This is a learn to to build issue. With the correct build original legacy rotc is almost twice as good as lioneyes glare.
"
The_Risen wrote:

1- you are wrong check my tempest bow build , i manage to hit over 1M dps with it (33 lvl upgraded storm cloud)

2 - and yeah ggg nerfing the doomflech prism on 3.0 i hope you crybabies are happy now. ( new one has %33 less dmg)

3 - I agree voltaxic chaos dmg can be apply as attack only better get rid of those "bow mages"

4 - RotC still op as hell gives free +2 arrow and +1 on quiver you get 4 arrow means no need gmp anymore , and with deadeye or scion you get 5 arrows.

5 - lioneye glare buffed they add far shot , i think that was quite pointless its bad bow.

6 - The infractem worst bow i ever saw so far i think they should add "your leech doubles" instead of no leach.

"
The_Risen wrote:
Also, crafting rare bows (and weapons in general) is NOT. WORTH IT, too much RNG

Cant agree more.

7 - i feel like Death's Opus gonna nerf with 3.0 to %75-100 crit multi instead of %150 ggg realy hates crit multi those days with recent DoT agony crap.

8 - Xoph's Nurture is already strong for certain builds , Nuro's Harp needs some penetration bonus and yeah Slivertongue is big bad garbage only good for skin transfer.I remember ppl was soo hype about this bow then after 1 week everyone forget it even exist.
no longer playing
"
Frankenberry wrote:

Here is a 4 second Chayula Kill done with Voltaxic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMeuraC80kk. Yeah ... I can totally see how that is just so bad that we need to buff this bow further -.-

To be fair that build in the video uses like a 300+ ex build.
"
zzang wrote:
"
Frankenberry wrote:

Here is a 4 second Chayula Kill done with Voltaxic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMeuraC80kk. Yeah ... I can totally see how that is just so bad that we need to buff this bow further -.-

To be fair that build in the video uses like a 300+ ex build.

lmao +1 arrow voltaxic, pathfinder, dying sun, 938 es regalia, vessel of vinktars... Yup, he has just proved our point, buff voltaxic, it's bad. Whats op there is everything else but the bow.
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
Last edited by The_Risen on Jul 27, 2017, 9:04:25 AM
"
The_Risen wrote:
lmao +1 arrow voltaxic, pathfinder, dying sun, 938 es regalia, vessel of vinktars... Yup, he has just proved our point, buff voltaxic, it's bad. Whats op there is everything else but the bow.

As much as some of the gear pieces must be extremely expensive, the amount of ES on the chest is completely irrelevant here, this is not a RF build.
The rings are correct for example, but nothing like godlike.

He could replace pierce by GMP if he did not have dying sun and the different corruptions, he would loose what ... 55% dmg ? That means that Chayula would die in ... 6 sec instead of 4 ? that would still be freaking high dps.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 27, 2017, 9:48:08 AM
"
canjp wrote:
"
The_Risen wrote:

1- you are wrong check my tempest bow build , i manage to hit over 1M dps with it (33 lvl upgraded storm cloud)

2 - and yeah ggg nerfing the doomflech prism on 3.0 i hope you crybabies are happy now. ( new one has %33 less dmg)

3 - I agree voltaxic chaos dmg can be apply as attack only better get rid of those "bow mages"

4 - RotC still op as hell gives free +2 arrow and +1 on quiver you get 4 arrow means no need gmp anymore , and with deadeye or scion you get 5 arrows.

5 - lioneye glare buffed they add far shot , i think that was quite pointless its bad bow.

6 - The infractem worst bow i ever saw so far i think they should add "your leech doubles" instead of no leach.

"
The_Risen wrote:
Also, crafting rare bows (and weapons in general) is NOT. WORTH IT, too much RNG

Cant agree more.

7 - i feel like Death's Opus gonna nerf with 3.0 to %75-100 crit multi instead of %150 ggg realy hates crit multi those days with recent DoT agony crap.

8 - Xoph's Nurture is already strong for certain builds , Nuro's Harp needs some penetration bonus and yeah Slivertongue is big bad garbage only good for skin transfer.I remember ppl was soo hype about this bow then after 1 week everyone forget it even exist.

Your build is a Barrage build with a +2 helm ench. Even in sowjet russia is that a sad number for such a build. That's how shit it is. It only proves how broken Barrage is and how crappy that bow.

"
Fruz wrote:
"
The_Risen wrote:

As much as some of the gear pieces must be extremely expensive, the amount of ES on the chest is completely irrelevant here, this is not a RF build.
The rings are correct for example, but nothing like godlike.

He could replace pierce by GMP if he did not have dying sun and the different corruptions, he would loose what ... 55% dmg ? That means that Chayula would die in ... 6 sec instead of 4 ? that would still be freaking high dps.

The ES let's him stand still and apply the dps which is a huge factor.
Besides that math, really? Sad.
Last edited by Bananaplasm on Jul 27, 2017, 11:19:14 AM
I'm sorry, have you seen his life go down while he was destroying Chayula ?
Not really, because such dps bypasses the mechanics, and the amount of ES is completely irrelevant here.
You could say what you said for any freaking dps setup there is, it's utterly stupid to try to to use a very well rolled chest to "Look, his bow is not good, because his gear is super expensive actually !"
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info