[2.6] Low Life Mjolner Inquisitor Frosty Lightning Death Nova

ok great, thanks for the update
Brief progress update: I invested into Kiara's for testing, and I can't say that I particularly like it. Its up constantly for mapping but once you get to bosses 2.5s is just not long enough. I'm working on testing some alternatives, Eye of Chayula is working very well, though the clearspeed definitely suffers. Skyforth would also work, but that's another handful of ex I don't have. The boot enchant might also be viable but is again out of my price range, and I suspect it will suffer from the same problems as Kiara's.
I've been giving this build a go. I picked up a corrupted Shav's in order to get 4 off colors. I still need to level and pick up the aura nodes.

Take a look at my character Thundrstuk open to any advice.
Looks good, let me know your thoughts on Kiara's, I wasn't able to test on low life so the extra damage might make the difference. Maybe switch up the base for your staunching flask, since you have two silvers between that and Kiara's. Also once you have all of the crit multi it'll be worth switching controlled destruction with increased crits in your Mjolner.
It took a little while for me to get the hang of popping Kiara's when needed. It seems to be working well now. Map clearing with this build is amazingly fun. I'm consistent at 7 power and 4 endurance charges. Bosses were a bit of a challenge at first, but seem to be going better. I suspect that will improve dramatically when I can activate all 6 auras.

Thanks for the advice with the flasks. I'm running a crit flask with staunching now. I'll keep you up to date. I suspect I will have a much better idea of where I stand at lvl 88.

Testing begins, will update in the next few days.
I've been playing this for a few hours now, and the clear is amazing. T15s are a breeze to clear, though the bosses are still proving to be an issue. Damage isn't the problem, sustaining the damage is. The main conclusion I've come to is Static Strike is just too cute, and doesn't give us enough utility, especially faced with the hardest content in the game. Multistrike is a great source of attack speed, but being stuck in one animation for most of a second is just too long. I'm currently testing a Shield Charge 5/6L with CoH/WM to free up mana for the third Purity, and I'm using a Cyclone 4L for single target.
With the upcoming change to VP and your build using it and Ghost Reaver, what are your thoughts for 3.0?

I am going to be performing a huge overhaul on both the templar and witch class build guides soon. Do you think your build will still be viable with 3.0?

Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
I'm not willing to say what will happen to the build until I know what all of the final changes are. However, I am willing to say that Vaal Pact is currently the only reason we don't suicide to every reflect mob, and with the proposed changes I'd have to do even more work reducing elemental damage taken. The changes to hybrid bases sound like a buff for the build, and if they add more leech support nodes to the topside of the tree to compensate for losing VP, I can see it still working. I'll keep everyone up to date on my thoughts as more information becomes available.
While this particular variant is dead, I think I can still make Shock Nova Mjolner work. I haven't had a chance to earn currency yet, but look for a Berzerker version featuring the new unique, The Flow Untethered, sometime later this month. It should be fairly budget to start out as well, so it might even be sooner. I'll post a tentative PoB link once I'm back from vacation next week.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info