Why do you think Marijuana is taboo and alcohol not?

"
faerwin wrote:
While there might not be any warning on beer bottles, I've seen quite a lot of commercials about it both online and on television. It's also because that battle is mostly won and as such isn't exactly useful to keep hammering that nail so to speak.

Smoking, on the other hand, is still happening widely although it is on the decline.

Don't get me wrong though, drunk driving is far far far worse than smoking can be.

As for not putting them on equal weight, it's probably just a perception from the way I presented it. The effects of alcohol are very widely known and because of that, I felt that it wasn't necessary to present them in the discussion. The effects of smoked marijuana however are far less known (especially with all the disinformation that say it's good for you).

Fair enough, i just live in a country where beer is consumed in great quantity's and is accepted by the masses as a "good" way to spend your time.

And since i have no problem with either(cannabis and drinking) i find it illogical that one get's dissuading messages on it's container and the other does not and is mostly encouraged.

also where i am from the only thing we have is a BoB-campaign(not sure if this therm is known outside of my country but it refers to a person not drinking to drive the drinking people home safely) and it is focused on maybe once a year. So yeah the awareness campaign around alcohol is pretty much non-existent here, let alone medical afflictions due to continued high usage.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

Just with your username I'm pretty sure you use marijuana very often.

I don't.

Peace,

-Boem-

awh fair enough.... the french in me is disappointed.
It's because marijuana is so different in her effects from person to person, for some people it will mess them up and in the worst cases even clinically, while for others it soothes and calms them. It's range of effects makes it much more scary(fear of the unknown) than good ol' alcohol, even if alcohol is more damaging to your body and for those around you. Also those who smoke are pacified and cannot be arsed to defend themselves and actively protest(prohibition). Also alcohol eases up social interaction(release your feelings) which is important for a society to function(physically), whereas marijuana is an inwards journey(reflection) which makes it easier to underestimate. I believe all those aspects have a large influence on their place in culture. I also believe occasional marijuana and alcohol gives you perspective and helps you express your feelings.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
diablofdb wrote:

I used to go to goa festivals and party's etc, so i used to partake in a lot of intoxication of various kinds to word it flavorful.

Though i also turned down a lot of the heavier stuff that was offered to me, i'm a pretty mental active person so i listened to my intuition on that front to not touch certain substances that increase that activity further.

Pretty sure i've seen every kind of common and uncommon drug known currently and turned a good 90% down.

Apologies to disappoint, but i am rather fond of my brain in it's current state.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:

I used to go to goa festivals and party's etc, so i used to partake in a lot of intoxication of various kinds to word it flavorful.

Though i also turned down a lot of the heavier stuff that was offered to me, i'm a pretty mental active person so i listened to my intuition on that front to not touch certain substances that increase that activity further.

Pretty sure i've seen every kind of common and uncommon drug known currently and turned a good 90% down.

Apologies to disappoint, but i am rather fond of my brain in it's current state.

Peace,

-Boem-

I respect that, being serious about your health and well being is important.

No need to be sorry, it's just Boem is a classical French character, it became an expression later wrote "Bohème". Which represent a loner and adventurous guy who would walk the world, only having his guitar, going from a party to another. Living the easy life.
^I was going to walk the world, but then my sister decided to get a son.

So now i'm stuck doing things considered "uncle duty's".

The other stuff matches though.
I'm responsible enough to not take on responsibility's beyond my scope or desires.

Peace,

-Boem-
I remember seeing a podcast a while back while browsing youtube - but I don't remember who it was that was speaking. It was very informative about the criminalization of cannabis.

To sum it up, Cannabis was and still is a natural ingredient which in the past was used in many medical treatments (long before the 1900's). Later on, the expansion of Mexican's into the southern states of America lead to some racial propaganda against these people who had been known for smoking Marijuana. From there, the legal framework to ban the plant began to form.

But it didnt stop there. Because Cannabis is a naturally occurring ingredient, it cannot be held under a patent law. This is important because pharmaceutical companies make money by developing medicinal products and then patenting them to make money. Since they could not patent Marijuana, they went with perpetuating fear against using it. But keep in mind that Marijuana can relieve many forms of suffering and has countless medicinal uses.

By lying and perpetuating false information (and this information is still ignorantly spread around today), Pharmaceutical companies continue to make immense profits selling patented man-made medicines to treat the same conditions which could be treated by Cannabis. And dont think for one minute that pharmaceuticals dont have equally or far worse side-effects that can occur as a result.

If someone knows the podcast I got this from, please let me know, I would love to see it again.

Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
Last edited by DreamScythe on Apr 8, 2017, 4:06:46 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
My grandfather owned a bar and literally had customers who got liver disease and other ailments. Alcohol is a real poison. Like put alcohol on gems and it will kill them. Cause liver disease heart issues, high blood pressure, etc. Marijuana seems safe as hell by comparison. So what gives?

Maybe you could read some books about it? I dunno. Just a thought.

W A R N I N G:
Smarmy and Pretentious comment detected. Quoted to Quarantine.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Apr 9, 2017, 4:09:18 PM
"
faerwin wrote:

Someone that drink is able to cause no harm to anyone else than himself (if the person drink too much).

Tell that to all the people who've been beaten up by drunks
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:

Someone that drink is able to cause no harm to anyone else than himself (if the person drink too much).

Tell that to all the people who've been beaten up by drunks

Let's all get drunk and drive and let's see who do the most killing on the road.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info