[3.1] The Laserbeam! Crit Ball Lightning build - Clearspeed & Bosskills!

Hello again,

So I finally managed to get the helm enchant.
I feeling that the faster projectiles are too fast for my taste for map clearing and slower only for bosses.
I'm searching for suggestions for another green gem for map clearing.
Will pierce support make those bolts of ball lightning pierce those monsters? I havent found data about the interaction of this 2 skills.
Any good suggestion?

Thanks again =D
Last edited by hamilcarTHC on Oct 4, 2017, 5:06:49 PM
@hamilcarTHC:

Pierce wont apply to Ball Lightning. I recomend Culling Strike (38% inc damage, 10% faster cast speed, execute enemys with <10% life at 20/20) if Faster Projectiles feels too fast for you.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1880210
"
ittarter wrote:
"
Zand wrote:
My only concern is how to adopt this build without making too many changes. All my gear was put together with MoM in mind and I'd like to keep it that way. How important is the Choir of the Storm? Not sure if I want to swap that out with my Foible. I have my gear linked below and passive tree is in profile. I'll also leave the pastebin in case you want to take a deeper look. Any feedback would be appreciated!
Choir of the storm is a big damage boost but if you already have enough damage, bisco's collar is definitely an option. Atziri's foible is just a wasted slot imo.

For your passive tree I'd go through it and fix up inefficient areas, with a special focus on getting adjacent jewel slots, which for some reason you seem to have purposely avoided. You're missing out on 500+ life if you fill those slots with decent jewels (life, spell/lightning dmg, crit chance/dmg)

Your flasks could stand some attention. I would personally recommend a stibnite flask of heat, so that you can drop dream fragments and put in a life/dmg/crit ring. And Dying sun really makes this build shine. Until you can afford it, I recommend LMP linked to ball lightning.

Since you've already taken MOM on the tree, you should probably replace your armour with something with a good life roll and high ES (over 400 if you can swing 300-400 chaos). Although since you've taken VP the main source of life is damage, and if you take some big hits, is there any perceptible interruption to your casting? I've played with the idea of MOM myself but thought that it might compromise me in that way.

Would strongly recommend replacing herald of lightning with herald of ice, linking both to your enlighten once you it's leveled, and putting your portal elsewhere on the tree.

"
EDIT: I ended up buying a Choir of the Storm anyway and didn't take too much of a hit on mana. Still have 3,300 total with 1,156 unreserved. Also, shouldn't there be better alternatives to Arcane Surge if you could just proc AS through Orb of Storms?

I don't think it will proc enough to be consistently up if you link to orb of storms. Also, orb of storms already has three linked gems (all essential) so you don't have any room for another.

Hope this helps! good luck!

Appreciate the detailed response. I ended up getting 2x HP jewels and grabbing some additional life nodes on the tree. My total HP is now sitting around 4,500 with 1,600 unreserved mana (60% MoM). As far as interruption to casting, it hasn't really been an issue. However, defensively, I don't think MoM is as good as it looks on paper. I use Cloak of Defiance for the 1% mana regen and additional 10% MoM, not for the MoM node itself. I took MoM on the tree for the 3 mana nodes behind it. Also, the high mana regen is what prevents my casts from getting interrupted or going out of mana.

I played around with LMP and wasn't really loving it. Since I had the green gem slot I swapped in slower projectiles on boss fights which became a problem. It requires me to get extremely close to bosses which usually results in death. I was thinking of maybe swapping in Increased Area of Effect instead of Crit Damage for map clearing and then swapping back in Crit Damage for boss fights. Has anyone played around with Increased Area of Effect support? Also, would you recommend using ice golem or lightning?

As far as Dream Fragments, I mainly just got it for the huge mana boost/regen. The immune to frozen/chill is just an added bonus. Like I said, I might swap out of MoM, which would mean I'd swap out Dream Fragments along with my Cloak of Defiance.
Last edited by Zand on Oct 5, 2017, 5:46:33 PM
What would you have in the Tempest binding? because you say its a great helmet but what would it be for?
@dylogys:

Free 6L for your Orb of Storms (higher DPS), Frenzy generation for faster map clear, Innervation for flat added lightning damage - scaling on a total of 140% (20% on BL, 20% on OOS, 100% on Lightning Bolt). On top of that the Harbinger from it will shock any non-immun enemy (including guardians & Shaper) every 4 seconds for an additional 20% MORE damage multiplier.
I have a question to your skill tree - whats about the damage area in the upper middle area ??
Called Heart of Thunder and Breath of Lightning ?
Somehow seems to powerful not to get them :S
Greetings
@Brummbär88:

Not worth it. Calculate the "per point" increase, including travel distance to reach it.

While shock effect is rather low anyways and we shock through the Harbinger, the right side is not worth it anyways.
The left arm provides only increased damage and elemental penetration. Damage would apply, but our critical hits thread enemys as they have 0% elemental resistance. Penetration is obsolote.

We gain a total of 73% inc lightning damage for 6 points:

73/6 = 12% inc damage per point.

There are node clusters that are ways more effective.
Hey onlyjb, i was looking at your passive skill tree and saw that you use Pain Attunement, is at good or is its just useful after you take the Jewel Socket near it.
@Arnas_:

Take it only when you grab the jewel socket anyways. It wont kick in too much, just grabbed it because it is just 1 point.
Well, I hit > 8k EHP now, still using a divinarius tough ...
My question is, u ever thought on Doryanis Vaal Sceptre instead of a rare dagger ?
Stats seems nice on a well rolled one ...
Greetings

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info