[3.1] The Laserbeam! Crit Ball Lightning build - Clearspeed & Bosskills!

It helps Me a lot ) Tnx for comment Panboox. Like this build ))
Hi all, attempting this build at the moment. Was wondering if anyone can tell me where the source of Power charge comes from? Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind - saw the Gem links that you had "Power Charge on critical" :)
Last edited by kazafz on Sep 23, 2017, 9:20:03 PM
"
Zand wrote:
My only concern is how to adopt this build without making too many changes. All my gear was put together with MoM in mind and I'd like to keep it that way. How important is the Choir of the Storm? Not sure if I want to swap that out with my Foible. I have my gear linked below and passive tree is in profile. I'll also leave the pastebin in case you want to take a deeper look. Any feedback would be appreciated!
Choir of the storm is a big damage boost but if you already have enough damage, bisco's collar is definitely an option. Atziri's foible is just a wasted slot imo.

For your passive tree I'd go through it and fix up inefficient areas, with a special focus on getting adjacent jewel slots, which for some reason you seem to have purposely avoided. You're missing out on 500+ life if you fill those slots with decent jewels (life, spell/lightning dmg, crit chance/dmg)

Your flasks could stand some attention. I would personally recommend a stibnite flask of heat, so that you can drop dream fragments and put in a life/dmg/crit ring. And Dying sun really makes this build shine. Until you can afford it, I recommend LMP linked to ball lightning.

Since you've already taken MOM on the tree, you should probably replace your armour with something with a good life roll and high ES (over 400 if you can swing 300-400 chaos). Although since you've taken VP the main source of life is damage, and if you take some big hits, is there any perceptible interruption to your casting? I've played with the idea of MOM myself but thought that it might compromise me in that way.

Would strongly recommend replacing herald of lightning with herald of ice, linking both to your enlighten once you it's leveled, and putting your portal elsewhere on the tree.

"
EDIT: I ended up buying a Choir of the Storm anyway and didn't take too much of a hit on mana. Still have 3,300 total with 1,156 unreserved. Also, shouldn't there be better alternatives to Arcane Surge if you could just proc AS through Orb of Storms?

I don't think it will proc enough to be consistently up if you link to orb of storms. Also, orb of storms already has three linked gems (all essential) so you don't have any room for another.

Hope this helps! good luck!
Last edited by ittarter on Sep 24, 2017, 3:03:45 AM
Hi there,
first off thanks for the guide, it served as a great base.

I believe I have found the ideal endgame setup for this build though which is a 6 link 'The Covenant'. This allows you to use an enlighten lvl 3 to have Wrath, HoT and Arctic Armor with no mana issues on BL.

I've done all content except uber Atziri deathless and the single target dps is pretty damn nice.

At level 94 im running with 6.1k hp and 2k ES.
Last edited by Threnzy on Sep 24, 2017, 2:53:34 PM
Hi all, nice guide this is my stuff untill now and all what i was able to do.
Inquisitor lvl 70 STD (IGN):
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/juegamenos/characters

Equip:

BTW nice @Yuripasu
Last edited by juegamenos on Sep 24, 2017, 6:31:11 PM
"
Yuripasu wrote:
I believe I have found the ideal endgame setup for this build though which is a 6 link 'The Covenant'. This allows you to use an enlighten lvl 3 to have Wrath, HoT and Arctic Armor with no mana issues on BL.
I like the ideas of this setup, especially a free L15 chaos gem for ball lightning (significantly more life leeched via Atziri flask I imagine), and being able to run a third aura, very cool.

A slight inefficiency in your tree - you could take deep wisdom and get 10 free dex and 20 free energy shield if you go east and connect there, instead of through the middle path.

Question, with elemental focus / controlled destruction, what is your crit chance with max power charges for Ball lightning?
Last edited by ittarter on Sep 24, 2017, 6:22:50 PM
"
ittarter wrote:

A slight inefficiency in your tree - you could take deep wisdom and get 10 free dex and 20 free energy shield if you go east and connect there, instead of through the middle path.

Oh yeah, I knew I meant to change something, I had it like that on PoB but forgot to change it ingame when I hit 94.

"
ittarter wrote:

Question, with elemental focus / controlled destruction, what is your crit chance with max power charges for Ball lightning?

My Ball lightning crit chance with 6 power charges is still 77% and 95% with diamond flask active. I would recommend 'added lightning damage' if you don't have at least 90% crit with diamond since we cant use arcane surge with blood magic.
Last edited by Threnzy on Sep 24, 2017, 6:33:21 PM
@Yuripasu:

A realy nice optional body armour, indeed. I think of adding this option to the build guide, could you provide some numbers about the life gain and the effect of lv15 added chaos?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1880210
Hello!
I'm beginning this build right now.
I pretty much wanted a build of high lighting DPS and that had some of the harbinger itens and yours fits my desires lol
I would like to know if you have done Uber Atziri with it already?
I opened your setup on path of building and got a pretty low DPS on it, and obviously there is some calculation missing (70k DPS, while my 560k Righteous Fire does shaper much slower than in the video), maybe that multi hit from ball lightning is not there? I really would like to test variations without having to spend currency to know the results lol
Last edited by hamilcarTHC on Sep 25, 2017, 8:52:24 AM
@hamilcarTHC:

1) The total DPS is not Ball Lightning alone, but the combined DPS of "Ball Lightning" + "Lightning Bolt" + "Orb of Storms".

2) Several buffs will activate in combat only and raise your DPS further (Innervate, Arcane Surge etc). Flasks have a huge impact aswell.

3) PoB calculates Ball Lightning DPS as it would hit one time only, even without reduced projectile speed it will rather hit 2 times. Due to a total projectile speed reduction of > 50% less + 45% reduced < our Ball Lightning will move extreme slow and hit 4-6 times per cast minimum.

Did Uber Atziri yesterday, had only one portal left in the end tho. The build can beat ANY content beside Hall of Grandmaster's.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1880210
Last edited by onlyjb on Sep 25, 2017, 9:36:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info