Potential User Data Breach

I really apreciate your policy of transparency. Thank you.
Blizz playing shady again, I see :^)
Oblivious
What about steam? Any info on Leagacy league "update"?
Thanks for the info.
Last edited by leepoeaccount on Mar 28, 2017, 8:42:40 PM
How long do you think it would take them to break my password, [Removed by Support]? Do I need to change it?
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Mar 31, 2017, 8:43:33 PM
Why does your (Chris W.) Title read as if there was a 'potential' breach? As I read your statement, it was clear someone was in your systems and network. Whether or not they copied or downloaded the data is in question but they still viewed and have knowledge of any of the information they viewed during that time so that IS a breach.
Thank you!
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
10 whole days?! spooky stuff
"
Aziraphale wrote:
"
Daiena wrote:
What the hell is with all the ''Thank you''? They got hacked,there is a slim chance that some/most/all personal info inbetween those dates got jacked,and you are thanking them?
For what? being transparent? It's not transparency,it's a common sense and i do believe that in certain regions a requirement that if any or/and all private user-end information has been/might be compromised that they have to make an announcement.

This is a fuck up,there is nothing to thank them for,sit back and hope that nothing much got leaked.

Not exactly. I said this in a previous post, but I'll reiterate. The laws vary from state to state in the US, and AFAIK there isn't much federal regulation on this yet. In most cases, a company is only required to notify you when "personal information was, or is reasonably believed to have been, acquired by an unauthorized person". Chris said here that there is no evidence any information was leaked, and as such they are probably not legally required to disclose that their system was breached.

The world extends beyond the borders of the US and GGG waited nearly a week before making this public. Passwords are not needed to start causing harm to others and everyone is thanking them. Someone with malicious intent needs no more than a user name, real name and an associated email address to start doxing individuals. Just having access to email addresses opens the community to targeted phishing and email scams.
Regards Hexcaliber
"
Aziraphale wrote:
"
Daiena wrote:
What the hell is with all the ''Thank you''? They got hacked,there is a slim chance that some/most/all personal info inbetween those dates got jacked,and you are thanking them?
For what? being transparent? It's not transparency,it's a common sense and i do believe that in certain regions a requirement that if any or/and all private user-end information has been/might be compromised that they have to make an announcement.

This is a fuck up,there is nothing to thank them for,sit back and hope that nothing much got leaked.

Not exactly. I said this in a previous post, but I'll reiterate. The laws vary from state to state in the US, and AFAIK there isn't much federal regulation on this yet. In most cases, a company is only required to notify you when "personal information was, or is reasonably believed to have been, acquired by an unauthorized person". Chris said here that there is no evidence any information was leaked, and as such they are probably not legally required to disclose that their system was breached.

You do know that there is a world outside US borders....right?
No rest for the wicked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info