[2.6] Rey's LHC Freezing Pulse Inquisitor Miniguide as requested.

"
proyousart wrote:
how necessary is life leech gem if we have vinktar's?

Essential, you will kill yourself on reflect without the life leech gem, at least I assume so. I wouldn't dare to try it in hardcore, not with how hard I've been hitting myself on reflect before.

Any extra damage might force a "Sibyl's Lament" ring to avoid killing yourself on reflect, even with the life leech gem.
Last edited by Reyonlol on Mar 29, 2017, 6:48:07 PM
Hey man, playing your build at the moment, only level 58 so far, but had a few questions~

I'm not able to afford Skyforth given my recent rip but I do have around 400 chaos sitting in my stash. With that in mind, would you agree to using Voice of the Storm in combination with HoI-Curse on Hit-Assassins' mark to maintain power charges along with Voice's increased critical hit chance and mana gain? I believe then also speccing 6% reservation near CI would allow me to run Haste earlier than that of obtaining the Skyforth.

I'm also feeling like that guy asked, that LL will be needed the second I spec the cruel lab points along with VP, the damage whilst leveling if you have the twink gear is actually insane ^^

Also, save for 6link or Skyforth as the first big ticket item?
Last edited by Afran on Mar 29, 2017, 6:53:10 PM
"
Afran wrote:
Hey man, playing your build at the moment, only level 58 so far, but had a few questions~

I'm not able to afford Skyforth given my recent rip but I do have around 400 chaos sitting in my stash. With that in mind, would you agree to using Voice of the Storm in combination with HoI-Curse on Hit-Assassins' mark to maintain power charges along with Voice's increased critical hit chance and mana gain? I believe then also speccing 6% reservation near CI would allow me to run Haste earlier than that of obtaining the Skyforth.

I'm also feeling like that guy asked, that LL will be needed the second I spec the cruel lab points along with VP, the damage whilst leveling if you have the twink gear is actually insane ^^

Also, save for 6link or Skyforth as the first big ticket item?

Always prioritize a 6link over any non build enabling items. If anyone ever tells you that "Skyforth" are what enables you to play a build, simply opt against playing it.
Skyforth are a decent quality of life purchase, but overall they are - at least in my opinion - highly overrated and definitely not worth their cost, until you have all your other items sorted out.
The only reason I got mine in first place, was because I had nothing else left to aim for.

Your idea with the Voice + Assassin's Mark should work out fine, especially the moment you add Vinktar's mana leech to the mix.
Don't forget to pickup a Vinktar's early to amplify the Voice of the Storm amulet's crit chance even further.
You can always add Skyforth later on to allow the use of Poacher's Mark and even though it won't even be necessary, it will allow you to piano your flasks a bit more and provide you with some extra damage from the frenzy charges.

Lastly, keep in mind that the mana reservation node near CI is only 4%, just in case you had it planned out on 6%, to not run risk of your setup not working, which I doubt to be an issue either way.
Last edited by Reyonlol on Mar 30, 2017, 8:07:41 AM
Thank you so much for your replies thus far. How important is Doryani's in this build? I've seen some versions of FP with just a high crit chance dagger, furthermore, are there any other weapons you recommend before getting the currency/levels for Doryani? (They are over 100 chaos in LHC rn) Thank you!
"
proyousart wrote:
Thank you so much for your replies thus far. How important is Doryani's in this build? I've seen some versions of FP with just a high crit chance dagger, furthermore, are there any other weapons you recommend before getting the currency/levels for Doryani? (They are over 100 chaos in LHC rn) Thank you!

Even though I've covered this in the guide already, a rare crit dagger will outperform the sceptre if you aren't going for an ignite version.
Since this is an ignite version of Freezing Pulse, you will require Elemental Damage for which we have no alternative weapon choice at this moment.

You aren't forced to play with ignites, nor do you need it right away if you do want to play with it. Just use any type of weapon until you have the currency to afford a Doryani's Catalyst, doesn't matter what type it is.
I was still running around with 2x Tulborn Wands (1c each at the time) as Hybrid with Ghost Reaver and Vaal Pact, before accumulating enough currency to respec fully.
You don't even need the Doryani's to respec CI, so just add it whenever you can, though your ignite damage will be limited before acquiring the sceptre.
Last edited by Reyonlol on Mar 30, 2017, 9:06:07 PM
love this build so far man. just one thing, im having a real problem with mana specifically single target vs bosses. just cant keep it up. any suggestions ?

also can u make an order as to when to get what ascendancys please
Last edited by Dylan2341 on Apr 1, 2017, 5:50:06 AM
"
Dylan2341 wrote:
love this build so far man. just one thing, im having a real problem with mana specifically single target vs bosses. just cant keep it up. any suggestions ?

Hey, sure I wrote and edited the following into the main post:
Ascendancy Points Order:

Spoiler
You have two options, if you want to speed up your progression through the content with a Brightbeak Hammer, then rush Normal Lab as soon as you feel comfortable and pickup "Instruments of Virtue".
This will make your shield charges even faster and provide you with some neat Cast Speed at the same time.
If you do so, you will not need to pickup Cruel Lab before you can chain it with Merciless Lab right afterwards, in order to get the DPS boost of "Inevitable Judgement".

The other option applies if you wish to get a DPS boost right away and/or don't utilize a Brightbeak Hammer to speed through the content. In this case you should do two labs back-to-back to pickup Inevitable Judgement as soon as you feel comfortable.

That being said, you are perfectly fine in Merciless Dried Lake without any Ascendancy at all, but it will give you an immense DPS boost.

A very important note: If you decide to pickup "Inevitable Judgement" early, then make sure your cold resistance is looking good, otherwise you will destroy yourself on reflect while progressing.
So if you have poor cold resistance, just delay your Lab runs until it looks better.

Summary:
Option 1: Speed progress with a Brightbeak Hammer, Rush Normal Lab for "Instruments of Virtue" and delay Cruel Lab until you are ready for Merciless Lab to push out "Inevitable Judgement".

Option 2: Delay Normal Lab until you can chain it together with Cruel Lab for "Inevitable Judgement" for a massive DPS boost. Make sure your cold resistance is looking good.

Whether you choose Option 1 or 2, your Uber Lab points will be "Augury of Penitence".

Regarding your mana problems, I assume that you are still on a low budget and have no Vinktar's yet.
In this case, just rely on a pre stacked Vaal Clarity + Increased Duration and Blade Vortex + Mana Leech + PCoC for even longer fights, or fights where you can not stack Vaal Clarity, such as Izaro.
"
Reyonlol wrote:
"
Dylan2341 wrote:

Hey, sure I wrote and edited the following into the main post:
Ascendancy Points Order:

Spoiler
You have two options, if you want to speed up your progression through the content with a Brightbeak Hammer, then rush Normal Lab as soon as you feel comfortable and pickup "Instruments of Virtue".
This will make your shield charges even faster and provide you with some neat Cast Speed at the same time.
If you do so, you will not need to pickup Cruel Lab before you can chain it with Merciless Lab right afterwards, in order to get the DPS boost of "Inevitable Judgement".

The other option applies if you wish to get a DPS boost right away and/or don't utilize a Brightbeak Hammer to speed through the content. In this case you should do two labs back-to-back to pickup Inevitable Judgement as soon as you feel comfortable.

That being said, you are perfectly fine in Merciless Dried Lake without any Ascendancy at all, but it will give you an immense DPS boost.

A very important note: If you decide to pickup "Inevitable Judgement" early, then make sure your cold resistance is looking good, otherwise you will destroy yourself on reflect while progressing.
So if you have poor cold resistance, just delay your Lab runs until it looks better.

Summary:
Option 1: Speed progress with a Brightbeak Hammer, Rush Normal Lab for "Instruments of Virtue" and delay Cruel Lab until you are ready for Merciless Lab to push out "Inevitable Judgement".

Option 2: Delay Normal Lab until you can chain it together with Cruel Lab for "Inevitable Judgement" for a massive DPS boost. Make sure your cold resistance is looking good.

Whether you choose Option 1 or 2, your Uber Lab points will be "Augury of Penitence".

Regarding your mana problems, I assume that you are still on a low budget and have no Vinktar's yet.
In this case, just rely on a pre stacked Vaal Clarity + Increased Duration and Blade Vortex + Mana Leech + PCoC for even longer fights, or fights where you can not stack Vaal Clarity, such as Izaro.

thanks for the quick reply man,. yeah low budget. i should have abput 100-150c to spend later , i know its still budget. and suppose il just wait so i can do both labs.

thanks dude
you can always opt out of using haste, and go with a mana flask, as a budget option.
Wow, this build is SO fun to level and your leveling gear and progressions make it smooth and cheap as well :) I got to 75 easily in HC with two Tulborns and a Tabula. Thanks for making this guide, the tree and gear is really well-thought out and I love the Igniting FP mechanic.

Two questions:
* You always mention taking Righteous Providence and Inevitable Judgement together, but is there any negative to leveling a bit in between the two? I can't figure out a downside to just having RP without IJ while I prepare for Merc lab.
* Do you have life-based tree? I ended up making a life-based tree since I find CI a bit daunting due to expensive gear and lots of things to overcome (stun, etc). It was also close to minion nodes so I took the Zombie ones to get 6 tanky zombies and threw Zombies + Ice Golem + Minion Life + Minion Res in a 4L helm w/ +2 minions. Then, I added Convocate to a low lvl CWDT so that as soon as I take damage I have a bunch of meat shields. It's really fun! You are a pro so I welcome any thoughts or tweaks on my tree: http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAPcVAAB5Ax4FQgmqDdEOSBEtES8RlhzcH0EgbiL0KPoqCyo4KwosnDLRQZZFR0lRTLNQMF3yY0NsC20ZcFJ8g3_GidOLjIw2jxqP-pMnrrO4k7mTwGbAmsMJwzrEotAf0PXZ_Nte44TrY-vu6_Xv6_DV8h353QSzogDwHwj0wFRqQ5UuBx4EB4PbVcY6WGvbfRgmlWHiVUuCx_noQYe3Pv4K2L3yRTrhpldN4_6PNZKXBhmKNj2dqmyMYqzhc4KbmjvtPNWmGmw26SSqFm_jaha_D6ski9kLKpiIQKas-oCQM4UyvOqYrQKWDFKSbpx7qLm8VtJ87WEAAAAAAA==[/li]

Thanks again for the build! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info