[3.0] DreamScythe's Explosive Auto-Summoner

"
insobyr wrote:
quick question:

How do you deal with frozen and bleeding?

When I first watched your video I thought you're using Death's Door and Dream Fragment but surprisingly you didn't :)

I just swap to my offhand when needed - this disables the heartbound loop combo and allows our ES to recover very quickly (3k+ regen)

Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
hey man, how about ?
selffreze with
essense of horror BODY(15%phys dmg as cold(from loop take~15dmg as cold, i guess its enough to freez with ci?)) and winterheart amulet(20%regen while frozen)... with kaom boots(cannot be slowed below base speed its makes yo ably to run while frozen, and stun immunity as bonus) also another ring slot berek's pass 5000armour while frozen
"
mndstrm wrote:
hey man, how about ?
selffreze with
essense of horror BODY(15%phys dmg as cold(from loop take~15dmg as cold, i guess its enough to freez with ci?)) and winterheart amulet(20%regen while frozen)... with kaom boots(cannot be slowed below base speed its makes yo ably to run while frozen, and stun immunity as bonus) also another ring slot berek's pass 5000armour while frozen

I believe there was a reddit post about this somewhere - and it doesnt work. You cannot freeze yourself - unless u are affected by frostbite - which is a very small chance.
Would this work without the legacy Ylfeban's Trickery Hubris Circlet
"

Would this work without the legacy Ylfeban's Trickery Hubris Circlet

Of course, it will work just fine!
I really like what you're doing with this. I have 2 suggestions though as a new player. Make a skill tree for passsives at like level 20 then 40 60 and maxed maybe along those lines. Second, how far in game can you solo?
At what level are you turning to the main build?
"
nightshark22 wrote:
I really like what you're doing with this. I have 2 suggestions though as a new player. Make a skill tree for passsives at like level 20 then 40 60 and maxed maybe along those lines. Second, how far in game can you solo?

I did not level as this. It requires around level 85 before it is effective. At that point it can solo pretty much all maps.
Hello there.

Awesome guide, DreamScythe!
Currently leveling with this, at level 88 in legacy league. I dont have the cool version of the items, but new ones work also.

About these questions:

"
nightshark22 wrote:

"
hajgerable123 wrote:
At what level are you turning to the main build?

I started the change at level 70.
After leveling myself to 88 in three days playing alone, These are my opinions and feedback, just in case you want to add in that, or make any comments, or corrections/suggestions:

Leveling

Spoiler
I played as a double totem till dried lake merciless (you can choose what you want I think to get there, just keep in mind you will need many many respecs). At level 70 I equip the desired items and worked a little squishy, but doable with good gear.
I recommend to get at least this tree for level 70-72, after gearing and making the respec:

You are free to check it and add it to the build if you like it, as a recommendation.
For me the mandatory part is the level 70-72 to gear up the items, and also got the 5 jewels, they are a need too. The 2 energy shield jewels are a luxury, but very useful too, a need for strong maps I guess.

My current gear:

Spoiler

My skill tree:

(I got one more jewel for needed resistances, and little more ES cause dont have all the regen needed. Need a couple more levels and then probably respec some ES nodes plus the jewel and 3 minor regen nodes I took to get the 1.8 and the stun immune node. I also changed some little nodes for my own tastes)

Further comments:

Spoiler
-As I have said, starting at level 70 was a bit hard, but doable playing alone perfectly. I did even tier 10-11 maps (shaped dunes, shaped strand) at level 74 safely and alone, just avoiding using leaguestones and some dangerous mods. I just made the maps ble with transmutation until level 80.

-Currently doing tier 14 easy, even with extra damage monsters. Onslaught is a blessing, the faster the monsters move, the better you lure them to the poison traps while you wait for the spectres and zombies to come again. Beyond leaguestones are also fantastic for this build, because they just appear inside the poison and usually dies with one more explosion.

-Be aware you also need a good shield in the change, if not, you will suffer from ES and resistances when change.

-Prohibited mods:
I think the slow life and mana regen or energy shield, and the slow recovery is auto reroll. Also dangerous mods for this build are shocking ground (you have to be very careful) and vulnerability (take care, cause you receive a lot of damage, however the longer you level and improve your ES regen, youll be better with this mod).

-Gear options:
Spoiler
With all that uniques, you need a lot of resistances, and dex. You can get some dex on nodes, but you need it for gems. I was lucky to buy an awesome amulet, which free some points in tree for more ES, etc.

Suggestions:
Spoiler
I'm not sure yet, but I suppose you use Ice Nova to proc elemental equilibrium. I also see the helm as the weakest part of the build. I'm thinking about removing it and using another piece. Shocking is good, but what do you think about using Shock Nova for shock and elemental equilibrium in spite of ice nova, and Using another helm with different modes? Maybe even the anti stun one to free space for more nodes? Or anyone with ES, or the gull (not sure if work with minions), or just any other one.

Are Phase run at level 5 for a reason, or is it better to leveling it a bit more until the CWDT level? If I got enough dex, I can safely leveling up until the CWDT level, right?

And thebig question: Is there any reason why the loop process stops randomly? Sometimes after I use a flask, I lose the loop, no idea why, I think that should not happen. Its a little annoying cause my skeletons and nova procs stop, and I need to change to secondary weapon and back to first when that happens. No idea if Im doing something wrong or not, but would like to know when/why this happens. It looks random, sometimes.

Gratitude and final comments:
Spoiler
Just thank you very much for this build, it made my week. I play PoE since 2012 in close beta, and only have the same levels of fun another time with other build. This is fantastic.
To other guys, just be aware this build also doesnt fit for everyone. Imho, the main problem some guys can have with this is you need to level up first and buy the gear, and maybe you dont like it. I took the risk and dont regret, its awesome.
However be also aware that you cant use flasks, so your movement will be slow as f..., you cant play in parties. You cant also avoid freeze, or even bleeding, you just change to secondary and wait for the best, which is not optimal.

Other than that, is fine. Its not a clearspeed machine, its very slow, but can do anything at least until tier 14 with little or no experience, just the right gear and its own playstyle, which you need to learn on the go (videos are helpful btw).

If you got any idea, I can also help to test it for your build, this guide deserves some help.
I also need to figure out which would be the better enchantments for helm, etc.

Cheers

IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Apr 2, 2017, 6:07:34 PM
Hey valmar, thank you very much for the feedback, and I'm glad you are enjoying the build!

Ill sift through your stuff more in depth as I get more time this week and add it to the front page!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info