[2.6] IMMORTAL MF GOLEMS - Shaper / Uber / ALL Guardians *WHILE DEAD*

"
tomatopotato wrote:
Yo, that's Scion, not Witch :P

GGG said Scion will get some of the other classes Ascendancy abilities (implying not all), so I think we're still okay for now. I remember people complaining when that announcement went out that it wasn't enough of a buff to Ascendant if they didn't give her the full abilities of other Ascendancies.

i know but thats a huge hint about what they re thinking for witch, just check elementalist/necro...
Ehh, I dunno... If you look at the other Ascendancies, they've got exclusive abilities too that the Scion doesn't get: free staunching for Pathfinder, 20% Culling Strike for Slayer, periodic hyper regen for Guardian, etc.

If it's true that Ascendant changes mean a nerf for Elementalist, then it seems like all the other Ascendancies would probably get hit the same way. I find that highly unlikely.

Anyway, like you said, if it really does happen, Elementalist golem builds will just have to take more Minion Life nodes to compensate.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
I started this build and modified so many times, just to see how it will perform. Those 10%-15% damage increase with golems barely have any impact, the golems already hit hard. I changed all to minion hp, a much better change in my experience. Combined with skin of the loyal and empower, that is nice hp to have later on. I have only lvl 20 golem and lvl 3 empower and I see the fights with harder bosses improved a lot, the hp of golems doesn't drop anymore.

The character itself was quite squishy, still is, so I improved with hp/es gear, having around 10.5k ehp for now but can be improved a lot more. Best skill to have for me is phase run, saved me so many times. Next one one is convocation. I did hall of the grandmasters a day ago (for the first time) and phase run did all the work for me, with running back so I can take those kills one by one. I had golems that still died, mostly the blue golem since it's not linked to anything and bleed took him slowly all the time (also it doesn't like to stay put). Vaal temple (t16) was a little harder than Chimera but nothing special. I see people having trouble with Chimera. For me it was quite easy, just replaced some gem with shield charge and faster attacks for clouds phase, and rest of the fight I was hiding with phase run. Still didn't find a minotaur map yet but by then I want (wish) to have lvl 4 empower and 21 golem.

I tried that victario (or whatever is called) shield. You are squishier, you still lack one golem and the fights took almost the same time. The only benefit I saw was not spamming phase run that much because of the frenzy charges.

Overall I don't think it was worth the investment. With less currency you can have better clear speed with other builds. The most disappointing point with this build is the AI of golems. Some will still afk behind (here convocation helps more), some don't choose to attack even if they get hit. If you hide behind a wall or pillar, they will leave the fight and follow you so for improving this I "guide" them into the fight with a totem but it's still a problem sometimes. If you are into the whole "while dead" thing with this build, I guess it's fine, otherwise I don't think it was really worth it so far. I may try in the future to use many golems again but not use as them as the main skill/build. Someone here was doing guardian and I think that is a nice approach (except he didn't use auras).

"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
New 3.0 scion ascendancy changes revealed.
Elementalists can have 1 more golem.Golems wont be immune to elemental damage but;
Accultist can be nice with it.
I would like to hear your ideas about it.

As far as I know, you can't take two of the same base class ascendancies. Scion will be pretty much inferior to other options out there imo.

yeah I agree, clear speed for golem is average so I don't think it will get nerfed. I been playing the clear speed meta VSpark and today I had the idea.. why not combine them with golems? And It works!

If pure golem clear speed is a 6/10 and Vspark is a 10/10, hybrid is between that. What slows it down is getting the first souls and I rely on the golem for that. After the first use the vaal skill is self sustaining especially if map has high pack size+sextants.

The good thing about the golems is killing rippy bosses (like the unique beyond bosses), that's about it. If you already have the gear for vfb/vspark its worth a try.. for fun. But i'll be switching back to full vspark.

Oh another idea, since I've been using voidwalker boots for VS i noticed I would enter phase walk even without attacking. I realized it was the glove enchant (word of ire) that was killing mobs when I get hit. So if u have phase walk on cwdt, u can just remove that if u use voidwalker boots (as long as your glove enchant can kill). And now u have a free gem slot.
If you're not convinced to play with that build, I'll try to change your mind:

Last edited by ziumbala on Jun 26, 2017, 9:16:50 AM
Hey Guys!

First of all thanks for an awesome build, perfect for my potato comp with high latency spikes lol at least everything dies when i do:D

Have a few questions in regards to min maxing the build though

1. Harmony jewels which stats are best for the build? Most profiles i looked at they seem to be all over the place, is the 10-15% Cdr the best or the dmg per golem?

2. what changes have you made to make the golems survive? At the moment they die now and then to double beyond, some T15 maps, uber atziri and dont get me started on minotaur:)
I run 21/20 golems 5-1 atm and dont have that much more minion hp i can pick up. Is the empower needed for this? Or is there a way to make it work with fire pen as im under assumption that it provides more dmg when i need it vs beyond bosses and high tier map bosses.

Worth mentioning i run any map that is not temp chains so dmg mods might be the cause but id like to be able to run them smoother and with full MF gear or there is no point of build.

3. Do you guys run eminence in the build? Think i got 12 jewel sockets at the moment so running 9 harmony and one of each of the others.

4. Whats your life on flame golems to make them stay alive for most bosses?

Still trying out different curse options as im not happy with current setup but will try different things, best thing for me surviving breaches was actually forbiden taste then run around like crazy:)

Gear im using atm
Spoiler
Can confirm, just beat Shaper at level 85, without high end gear on a 5-link without lvl20 gems! (see my char Slothropp for the setup)

4 Flame, 1 light, 1 ice golem did the trick.

Got it on the first try. Then I tried farming Shaper 2 more times but I failed because I got unlucky with the guardian fights, some tough bosses. You really have to dodge spells and skills (i only had 5.5k ES though so rip me).

I am done this season now, finally did all the things I set out to do. This was a decent build, I just wish the Golem AI was better. They should not follow behind you but in front and to your side, kind of how the AI works in D3.

Anyways, solid build (you do die a lot, and you kill the shaper while dead), may try a variation of it again sometime soon!
Last edited by Slothrop1 on Jun 30, 2017, 1:13:27 PM
Awesome build! I have a question:

Does Biscos affect party members or does it only activate when I get the kill? Thanks!
Thx for the build !

Still in the lvling part but it's fun , fast , and compatible with my laziness !! i love it !

So , i managed to save some currency and i want to know if buying a HH can make any improvement to this build ( more fun , more clear speed ... ) i saw that Dyg is using one on his standard character but a lot of ppl saying that HH not working for summoner build ! anyone to confirm plz ?
Last edited by xxLord_Fifthxx on Jul 3, 2017, 1:34:31 PM
HH would be a waste on this build, use a Thief's nemesis leaguestone to get an idea (it's not the same as HH obv). But you could always use that HH on your other builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info