[2.6] Necromancer: 4 Stone Golem DPS, Using The Baron

Let's see a video :)
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
Let's see a video :)

Video hypeee.

I like where this is going. Keep up the experimenting!
I have a slow computer, barely plays PoE, so no videos. :(

Is this shaper/uber/guardians viable?

also, how do you keep your guardian alive?
Last edited by Toysintheattick on Mar 24, 2017, 7:16:47 PM
Swapped my build from zombies only with monte'gruls to this build. Going to test it on uberlab first..

IGN: Tjoen
Last edited by Tjoen on Mar 30, 2017, 2:41:39 PM
Hi Odif (and others experimenting with similar builds), I am following your build somewhat and had a question regarding support gems for the Stone Golems.

I wasn't too big a fan of linking Multistrike to them because of the less damage modifier applying to the initial hit and the poison, as well as it locking them in place for too long at times (besides bosses) as they often one shot rares anyway. I am currently trying out Added Fire but also want to test Added Chaos. Have you experimented with either, and if so, what were your conclusions?

I was really hoping the minions spreadsheet GGG released would have the damage table for the golems, but sadly it did not. I was curious to know their damage effectiveness and damage ranges on their abilities. This kind of information would really help when trying to optimise gem setups.
"
myrmician wrote:
Hi Odif (and others experimenting with similar builds), I am following your build somewhat and had a question regarding support gems for the Stone Golems.

I wasn't too big a fan of linking Multistrike to them because of the less damage modifier applying to the initial hit and the poison, as well as it locking them in place for too long at times (besides bosses) as they often one shot rares anyway. I am currently trying out Added Fire but also want to test Added Chaos. Have you experimented with either, and if so, what were your conclusions?

Because poison stacks, having 3 smaller hits does more damage than 1 big hit.
Golems have SLOW attack speed, multi strike really helps.

Added fire MIGHT be a clear speed bonus on trash, as stuff gets one shotted often, so the second and 3rd hits are often wasted.
But the fire damage does not double dip with poison, so its iffy.
On bosses, getting 3 slams in a row is HUGE, and helps a lot with the slow cooldown on Golem Slam.

I have not actually tried added fire, so who knows, i could be wrong, and it might be better than multistrike.

Added chaos is a terrible gem for any build that is "big slow hits" like zombies or stone golems.

"
Is this shaper/uber/guardians viable?

also, how do you keep your guardian alive?

It is SUPER good at Uber Lab.
I have not tried shaper or guardian.

My guardian has only died once, and I did not notice when it died, so not sure when it died, or what killed it.
Its cheap to buy the items, so no big deal.

The golems taunt, so the guardian does not take much damage.
With 1000 strength, I use the gloves for the guardian, with the mod "with over 400 str, gain 2% life regen"
This regen, combied with the taunting golems, and the consecrated ground that the guardian drops on block, seems to be enough to keep the guardian alive all the time.

I just ignore the guardian, dont even pay attention to him, and he lives.
"
Tjoen wrote:
Swapped my build from zombies only with monte'gruls to this build. Going to test it on uberlab first..

Good luck!

If you do shaper or guardians, let me know how it goes!
"
Odif wrote:
Because poison stacks, having 3 smaller hits does more damage than 1 big hit.
Golems have SLOW attack speed, multi strike really helps.

True. I may give Multistrike another shot then. Especially because it is frustrating when they don't slam for some reason or it is on cooldown. The more slamming the better.

I just got my Severed in Sleep, so I dropped the Poison gem for Faster Attacks, but I think you're setup of Multistrike and Minion Speed is probably the best one. I haven't had any luck crafting a good ring with minion speed yet, but here's hoping.

"
Odif wrote:
I have not actually tried added fire, so who knows, i could be wrong, and it might be better than multistrike.

I'll do some more testing, but without the exact numbers from GGG and being able to input them into something like Path of Building it is really hard to know for sure. We can only really go by how it "feels". Trash is definitely faster with Added Fire, but you're probably right, Multistrike will be better for bosses, and that's where it matters the most.

Also, how are you finding your current setup of Hatred + Haste? Minion speed and their AI definitely seem to be the two main limiting factors in this build, so I'm wondering if I should definitely be looking at leveling an Enlighten now or not, haha. Will be a while before I can upgrade my gear to the point where I can drop Purity of Elements anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info