Steven Wise... Lives 15 minutes from my home. Should Chimpanzees have human rights?

"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Have you ever seen an insect squirm after taking a lighter to it?
Um, no. I'm not into that kind of "entertainment". Just read about it somewhere.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Um, no. I'm not into that kind of "entertainment". Just read about it somewhere.

So you never turned daddy "long legs" into daddy "no legs" and played finger football with your buddies using the torso? When i was like 8-10, me and the neighborhood kids used to do that.
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:

So you never turned daddy "long legs" into daddy "no legs" and played finger football with your buddies using the torso? When i was like 8-10, me and the neighborhood kids used to do that.

psycho lol

No chimp should not have human right or else we should go imprison 99% of them since they are murderer cannibals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gombe_Chimpanzee_War
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 17, 2017, 1:00:53 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
silumit wrote:
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:

I believe I have heard the same thing that arthropods don't feel pain.

And if this is true, the obvious answer to why they would avoid danger is a survival instinct. Imagine, Smiley, if you had leprosy and some one was removing your arm. You might not feel the pain of its removal as flesh and muscle is cut and bones are broken, but wouldn't you try to prevent this?

Animals that don't experience pain have this same response. Physical damage is a threat to their existence and they will attempt to avoid this however they can since their sole purpose in life is to continue to exist as long as possible in order to spread their genes.

Of course, I'm no entomologist or biologist. But it makes sense that you'd avoid death even if you don't feel pain. Insects do not have the higher level of intelligence and rationalization to understand "oh it's just a leg" - any physical damage is a danger. Predation normally does not stop at 1 leg, and a single injury can spell death later.

I used to torture insects too, but mostly out of curiosity. I never did it for shits and giggles. There was genuine scientific pursuit there as a child. Probably wasn't as ethical as letting them die and then dissecting them, but I learned that dead bugs were too dry for some procedures.

Back on topic, though! To answer Sol's usual conversation starter question:

Yes and no. Personally, I believe that we all have every right, or no rights at all. I very much agree with George Carlin's take on it.

For the former, we all have every right. Because if it's a right, then it's not something we can label on paper and grant, revoke, etc. Rights should not be able to be removed by some one in authority because they feel like at that point in time because it fits whatever agenda is trending. I'm not a religious man, so I won't say they're God-given, but that's the closest approximation to the thought.

For the latter, we don't have any rights. Because, again, the "rights" that we have today can be granted or revoked with simple legislature. You can fly across the globe and experience entirely different rights. Maybe you lose some. Maybe you gain some. How are those rights? Did you suddenly gain rights by being in warmer climate? Why didn't you have those rights before? Additionally, if a right can be taken away so simply, then it was never a right to begin with.

It was a privilege.

Of course there's some nuance missed here. Because having every right conflicts with rules we would need to impose and develop for individuals who cannot control themselves or behave morally. That's why we have laws that strip these rights. It's necessary for a functioning society. Anarchy is okay in theory, but in actuality all those rights would come flying back to the surface with the removal of laws and punishment.

So chimps: Human rights. Should they have them? Should it get special privileges that we do, as intelligent social creatures with an understanding of laws and culture? No.
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Mar 17, 2017, 2:03:15 AM
Poe Pvp experience
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Every species on this planet should have rights, call them earthling rights not human rights.

Should it be a criminal act for me to step on an insect walking on the sidewalk, even by mistake? What about spiders in my house? Should it be criminal to just squash them, or should I get a cup and capture them and toss them outside? I probably kill somewhere in the ballpark of a few million insects every time I mow my yard, does this make me guilty of genocide? Just think about the screams of those poor insects getting choppity chop chopped up by the mower blade on a frequency humans can't hear, and even if we could, it's drowned out by the mower running.....Ever think about that? I do, because that's how my brain works.

Only active murder or great harm to other species should be punished. if you give the spider or fly a fair warning and it doesnt heed it you may throw it out or even kill it. Your property, your rules.
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
silumit wrote:
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:

Sounds like a mass murderer in the making...
"
Head_Less wrote:
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:

psycho lol

No chimp should not have human right or else we should go imprison 99% of them since they are murderer cannibals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gombe_Chimpanzee_War

They conduct wars, nothing unusual about it. Many species have territory disputes and im not against cannibalism.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
If you give the spider or fly a fair warning and it doesnt heed it you may throw it out or even kill it. Your property, your rules.

Fair warning? So you talk to spiders and flies? Wow....so I'm not the only crazy person here.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
im not against cannibalism.

Oo
Poe Pvp experience

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info