[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

i do try hard the stun support but somehow i doesn't feel it

replaced my vulnerability flask to 2nd lion's roar
and changed belt

Spoiler

im about to try shaper now again

also im wondering if it's worth to get vulnerability as glove enchant as you says curses are crap on bosses im not sure if it's worth it

edit:
how do i get 130% stun threshold? i've got
30% weapon
19% from endurance charge on melee stun
6%(10%max) from boots
25% from heavy strike
15% from belt
15% stun mastery

that's 110% so what do i miss?
Last edited by Tylwyth on Oct 11, 2017, 4:35:35 AM
"
Tylwyth wrote:

and changed belt

Spoiler

also im wondering if it's worth to get vulnerability as glove enchant as you says curses are crap on bosses im not sure if it's worth it

edit:
30% weapon
6%(10%max) from boots
25% from heavy strike
15% from belt
15% stun mastery

And 18% from Skull cracking and the 2 Nodes above it.

thats 128%
Last edited by Silvoz on Oct 11, 2017, 11:12:51 AM
"
Tylwyth wrote:

and changed belt

Spoiler

edit:
30% weapon
6%(10%max) from boots
25% from heavy strike
15% from belt
15% stun mastery

About Vulnerability enchantment, if you have enough currency to afford one, then it's worth it. Having a Vulnerability flask means you lose a flask slot which could have been an utility flask; utility flasks are useful so it's not worth it. Having corrupted gloves means you can't have glove enchantments, which are all pretty useless. In other words, there is almost no cost(besides currency cost) in getting this curse from glove corruption.

I believe now you should be able to stun Shaper quite often. Not frequent enough to stun-lock him to next phase/death tho, I suppose.
Last edited by brightwaha on Oct 11, 2017, 11:29:05 AM
still keep failing shaper (because of player skills xD)
i was wondering about animated guardian with some aura items, what do you think about that?
but it would require to change kaoms heart to belly of the beast or brass dome
or replace totem to animate guardian
it could be quite cool to gear him with the buff/debuff items... i guess

edit
i just tried animate guardian instead of totem (with animate guardian 20/20 empower 3 and minion life 20/20)
so the result was... lame!

-huge damage loss (from totem)
-totem cause bleed more offen
-maim from totem increase dmg
-guardian died on 1st boss t11
-bloody expensive
*innsbry edge sword (for maim
*the oak (to regen AG hp)
*leer cast (for the 15% increase dmg aura)
*haemophilia (for bleed)
*victario flight (movement speed for ally)
*ambus charge (to provide endurance charges [like i dont have them maxed... allways])

+looks cool :D

overall that idea was a waste... but looks cool!
Last edited by Tylwyth on Oct 12, 2017, 9:00:26 AM
"
Tylwyth wrote:
still keep failing shaper (because of player skills xD)
i was wondering about animated guardian with some aura items, what do you think about that?
but it would require to change kaoms heart to belly of the beast or brass dome
or replace totem to animate guardian
it could be quite cool to gear him with the buff/debuff items... i guess

edit
i just tried animate guardian instead of totem (with animate guardian 20/20 empower 3 and minion life 20/20)
so the result was... lame!

-huge damage loss (from totem)
-totem cause bleed more offen
-maim from totem increase dmg
-guardian died on 1st boss t11
-bloody expensive
*innsbry edge sword (for maim
*the oak (to regen AG hp)
*leer cast (for the 15% increase dmg aura)
*haemophilia (for bleed)
*victario flight (movement speed for ally)
*ambus charge (to provide endurance charges [like i dont have them maxed... allways])

+looks cool :D

overall that idea was a waste... but looks cool!

Yea like you said, Animated Guardian is not a good idea.

The maim from the sword does not apply an increased damage taken debuff, so it's pretty pointless. The movement speed aura from Victario's Flight is probably the only useful one. Other auras like from Leer Cast or Dying Breath are not significant at all. Also because of it's embarrassing attack speed... you can't really rely on your guardian to apply bleed.

The major problem with Animated Guardian is that it always dies unless you're summoner or aurabot(even for those builds their Animated Guardian may also die occasionally). Also you haven't maxed your gaurdian's resists; its resists start at 40%.

Not to mention that we are short on gem sockets.
i was wondering about ascendency if i do really need impact cause i use sunder in 2nd weapon
so far i changed it to 2 small points with 5%attack speed 14%dmg and 5%stun threshold 14%dmg
it seem to be pretty good to be honest, i did all guardians on a rare corrupted 20%quality map
with stunlocked hydra/chimera and 70% time stunned phoenix which is pretty awesome, i think

im about to try shaper later today! wish me luck (or skills)
"
Tylwyth wrote:
i was wondering about ascendency if i do really need impact cause i use sunder in 2nd weapon
so far i changed it to 2 small points with 5%attack speed 14%dmg and 5%stun threshold 14%dmg
it seem to be pretty good to be honest, i did all guardians on a rare corrupted 20%quality map
with stunlocked hydra/chimera and 70% time stunned phoenix which is pretty awesome, i think

im about to try shaper later today! wish me luck (or skills)

I have been playing with Impact and Headsman (instead of Brutal Fervour) and it doesn't feel bad at all. This combo also allows use of The Writhing Jar and triggering the 20% MORE damage bonus when needed. And I picked Hematophagy to compensate for the loss of max leech rate. It's something you can consider.

About the 2nd weapon Sunder, one thing you can do is to use Onslaught support. During mapping, having Onslaught all the time doesn't hurt; during boss fight, say you are fighting Shaper, you can gain 8 seconds of Onslaught right after Shaper minion portal phase (also makes you run faster during those transition phases).

Also to fight Shaper you don't need Empire's Grasp. Find any rare gloves or Facebreaker(10% stun threshold) and those will help you(slightly) with your Shaper encounter.

After all, Shaper fight is mostly about player skill. Stay calm and good luck.
i guess as rare gloves only spiked gloves should be considered?
so it would be like 20% increased melee dmg 6-10physidal dmg to attacks and about 10-15% attack speed also can get some hp... pretty cool

edit:

Spoiler

it gives amazing dmg boost tbf
i just made corrupted minotaur with +35% unique boss hp faster than a normal minotaur xD

edit 2:
i dropped 3 points fror life/armour (marauder start) and picked hematophagy
also changed amulet to carnage heart
it seems that more leech gives me a lot of survivability and now im not sure about the amulet
as carnage heart gives som str and increased dmg while leeching
but a rare one give a lot of # to # physical damage which is amazing also str and health so im confused now
Last edited by Tylwyth on Oct 13, 2017, 1:22:37 PM
"
Tylwyth wrote:
i guess as rare gloves only spiked gloves should be considered?
so it would be like 20% increased melee dmg 6-10physidal dmg to attacks and about 10-15% attack speed also can get some hp... pretty cool

edit:

Spoiler

it gives amazing dmg boost tbf
i just made corrupted minotaur with +35% unique boss hp faster than a normal minotaur xD

edit 2:
i dropped 3 points fror life/armour (marauder start) and picked hematophagy
also changed amulet to carnage heart
it seems that more leech gives me a lot of survivability and now im not sure about the amulet
as carnage heart gives som str and increased dmg while leeching
but a rare one give a lot of # to # physical damage which is amazing also str and health so im confused now

For gloves, I would say Facebreaker with Vulnerability corruption is also a good choice. The one you have is decent too.

Carnage Heart does not provide any more leech for a Slayer. You need to read 'leech' page of poe wiki carefully and try to fully understand leech mechanics, since it's quite important.

-The '% of physical attack damage leeched as life' is mostly only useful for Vaal Pact builds(or low dps builds). It does increase the duration of our leech instances, but our leech instances already last very long due to our high damage per hit.

-The '% increased life leeched per second' is only useful for rebuilding leech instances. Since Slayer has 'Endless Hunger' ascendancy, which says 'life leech effects are not removed at full life', it is very rare that we need to rebuild our leech instances(basically only at the start of each fight). This mod is actually useful for a Berserker.

So I don't really consider Carnage Heart as a solid endgame choice.
"
brightwaha wrote:

I have been playing with Impact and Headsman (instead of Brutal Fervour) and it doesn't feel bad at all. This combo also allows use of The Writhing Jar and triggering the 20% MORE damage bonus when needed. And I picked Hematophagy to compensate for the loss of max leech rate. It's something you can consider.

About the 2nd weapon Sunder, one thing you can do is to use Onslaught support. During mapping, having Onslaught all the time doesn't hurt; during boss fight, say you are fighting Shaper, you can gain 8 seconds of Onslaught right after Shaper minion portal phase (also makes you run faster during those transition phases).

I'm torn on this issue. I definitely wanna use Headsman, so I have to decide between Impact and Brutal Fervour. I'm actually enjoying the fact that I don't need Sunder for clearing, but ofc it's way better. Since I hate gemswapping, I'd actually consider playing Heavy Strike only. Also, I worry about add phases for bosses while playing without Impact. Pretty dangerous right? All that speaks for Impact. That said, Stun Immunity and not needing a Staunching Flask is also pretty amazing... almost too good to pass up, especially when considering that I could just swap in Sunder when required. And this is where we come full circle :D

I guess the only real solution to this would be saving for a second 6L. Probably a higher DPS rare mace since stunning doesnt matter on regular mobs

EDIT:
oh right.. and the writhing jar thing wont even work while trying to stunlock the boss if I don't have impact... leaning further towards impact now. how good is stun immunity in a build like this?
Last edited by val0s on Oct 13, 2017, 6:48:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info