[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

very nice build. First melee build that went past lv 80 for me in HC harbringer.
MY gear is alright, nothing fancy. Went with berserker with belly for sunder. Pure physical with warlord blasphemy and artic armour. Can only afford 5L. No kaoms or curse on hit gloves. Peasant status

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAASzBS0HdQmWC2ENzQ48FCAUTRRxGJEZ6Ro4Gj4cziFVIZAkNycgJy8rUCz7NI41kjkOOlI64Ts7PC09_ECgQT9Hfk3jUEdR5lhjWfNeE18_X9BgkWDEYVJlTWjya9lyqXTtdqx3U3h6eu982YIHg1-DzITZhO-FUoY7hmCHaooijM-QVZSHl3mexaIAplepJ6mUrKqtja9sr6e3PryfvTa-p78IwGbApsT2xq7G2M9-2L3ZYdl82sHcPd-y5FHkreoQ6hjrCe8O707wH_Iv8kHyRfZI9zL4X_jr_Ev-Cv5U_o8=?accountName=theunknown93s&characterName=sTONE_KOLD

Lv 84 atm and since its HC i went with the health nodes first instead of jewel sockets for more dmg. And i gotta say those life nodes saved my ass in the brink of death countless times (like 5 times). At this point i dont know if i should go with jewel sockets or more health nodes. Some advice would be appreciated.

"
theunknown93s wrote:
very nice build. First melee build that went past lv 80 for me in HC harbringer.
MY gear is alright, nothing fancy. Went with berserker with belly for sunder. Pure physical with warlord blasphemy and artic armour. Can only afford 5L. No kaoms or curse on hit gloves. Peasant status

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAASzBS0HdQmWC2ENzQ48FCAUTRRxGJEZ6Ro4Gj4cziFVIZAkNycgJy8rUCz7NI41kjkOOlI64Ts7PC09_ECgQT9Hfk3jUEdR5lhjWfNeE18_X9BgkWDEYVJlTWjya9lyqXTtdqx3U3h6eu982YIHg1-DzITZhO-FUoY7hmCHaooijM-QVZSHl3mexaIAplepJ6mUrKqtja9sr6e3PryfvTa-p78IwGbApsT2xq7G2M9-2L3ZYdl82sHcPd-y5FHkreoQ6hjrCe8O707wH_Iv8kHyRfZI9zL4X_jr_Ev-Cv5U_o8=?accountName=theunknown93s&characterName=sTONE_KOLD

Lv 84 atm and since its HC i went with the health nodes first instead of jewel sockets for more dmg. And i gotta say those life nodes saved my ass in the brink of death countless times (like 5 times). At this point i dont know if i should go with jewel sockets or more health nodes. Some advice would be appreciated.

For hardcore, I feel it's probably worthwhile to pick up the endurance charges. I am no hardcore expert but my softcore Berserker dies to physical reflection from time to time. Endurance charge is one of the few things that are effective in mitigating reflection damage, so it might save your character from a sudden death.

If I was to play a hardcore character, I would probably choose Slayer for its leech and mitigation to reflection damage. Berserker definitely works but you need to be more careful.
i really enjoy the build :D thanks for guide mate!
althought i've got few more questions

1. the cwdt, shall i keep it on low lvl as well as immortal call?
2. what about mana? my mana is allways over (i use arctic armor and haste mixed with full physical dmg)
3. if i'd like to take blood magic and mortal convinction, would it work?
4 which golem is the best? flame does dmg which is nice but i also like stone for hp regen and chaos looks nice for the physical reduction
5 devoto devotion reduces physical dmg, why it is recomended? wouldnt some rare helm with high flat hp be better?

regards
"
Tylwyth wrote:
i really enjoy the build :D thanks for guide mate!
althought i've got few more questions

1. the cwdt, shall i keep it on low lvl as well as immortal call?
2. what about mana? my mana is allways over (i use arctic armor and haste mixed with full physical dmg)
3. if i'd like to take blood magic and mortal convinction, would it work?
4 which golem is the best? flame does dmg which is nice but i also like stone for hp regen and chaos looks nice for the physical reduction
5 devoto devotion reduces physical dmg, why it is recomended? wouldnt some rare helm with high flat hp be better?

regards

My answers:

1. It's really hard to tell and usually the best answer is you should test them out yourself and see which one's better. I know this is not the answer you are looking for, so I would say lvl 5-10 CWDT should be okay.

2. If you are reserving only 75% of mana, you should not really have mana issues unless you don't have a leech source. Avoid using Leap Slam too often without hitting any mobs then you should have full mana most of the time.

3. Blood Magic disables your auras and disables Damage on Full Life support gem. The only upside(besides more health) is infinite mana which might be useful for traveling long distances with Leap Slam. I don't think it's a good idea to pick Blood Magic, but if you really like it it's fine.

4. Asking golem choices is like asking where to spend 1 or 2 passive points: there's tiny differences and really depends on what you want. Besides Ice Golem, any other golem can work. I would probably go with Chaos for defense or Lightning for offense.

If you haven't already, you need to fully understand the difference between MORE and LESS and INCREASED and REDUCED. All sources of INCREASED and REDUCED damage add up. Our build has about 1000% Increased damage, so the 10% REDUCED damage from Devoto is actually as effective as having 1% LESS damage, which doesn't hurt(Think of 1000% going down to 990%).

That being said, I don't deny that a rare helmet is also a decent choice; although it's pretty hard to find a good rare helmet with Heavy Strike enchantment, which is very very important for our build.
Last edited by brightwaha on Oct 2, 2017, 9:09:16 PM
thanks mate!
i didnt even consider taking lighting golem, gonna try it
althought i do not really understand the point of dmg on full life?
i doubt i'll be able to stay full life during maps or on bosses do i?

edit:

due to my lack of knowledge about increased/reduced more/less i've gotta ask about body armour as i thought that gruthkul's pelt will be awesome but now i ain't so sure
Last edited by Tylwyth on Oct 2, 2017, 10:12:32 PM
"
Tylwyth wrote:
thanks mate!
i didnt even consider taking lighting golem, gonna try it
althought i do not really understand the point of dmg on full life?
i doubt i'll be able to stay full life during maps or on bosses do i?

edit:

due to my lack of knowledge about increased/reduced more/less i've gotta ask about body armour as i thought that gruthkul's pelt will be awesome but now i ain't so sure

Damage on Full Life works very well if you are Slayer, due to leech effect not ending at full life you will very likely have full life when you attack. On Berserker it's not as good but still pretty decent. We are stunning those mobs after all.

Gruthkul's Pelt disables Blood Rage and auras, for that reason it's not appealing. 100% increased physical damage is like 10% MORE damage(when we already have 1000% increased damage), which is good but not at the cost of Blood Rage and auras. (According to Path of Building, Gruthkul's Pelt will disable my curse on hit corruption on gloves, I am not sure about this one.)
Spoiler

so now i have to focus on new body armour and 6l weapon

tho i've already realised the difference between inc/reduce more/less :D
thanks to you buddy! ;)

i'll also try mortal convinction affter i get kaom's heart and 6l

and here comes one more question, is it worth to mix blood rage with cwdt?
also 'stun thershold' increases my chance to stun enemy, am i right? what else can increase stun chance? (i've got passives from tree)

althought i don't have brutal fervour yet, still haven't dont uber lab, after getting it my leech will highly increase? as for now it seems to be way too slow
"
Tylwyth wrote:
Spoiler

so now i have to focus on new body armour and 6l weapon

tho i've already realised the difference between inc/reduce more/less :D
thanks to you buddy! ;)

i'll also try mortal convinction affter i get kaom's heart and 6l

and here comes one more question, is it worth to mix blood rage with cwdt?
also 'stun thershold' increases my chance to stun enemy, am i right? what else can increase stun chance? (i've got passives from tree)

althought i don't have brutal fervour yet, still haven't dont uber lab, after getting it my leech will highly increase? as for now it seems to be way too slow

I don't think it's a good idea to link Blood Rage with CWDT, because you want a level 20 or 21 Blood Rage and a low level CWDT.

During mapping, there are only four things in game that affects stun chance: the damage you deal to the enemy in one hit, enemy's max life, Reduced Enemy Stun Threshold, Warlord's Mark. If you want to understand how our build stuns, you should read the 'stun' page on poe wiki or find my explanations in stun mechanics section of this thread.

Brutal Fervour does increase your leech rate quite a bit, but you should already have a good leech rate without it. Maybe you need more damage.
Last edited by brightwaha on Oct 3, 2017, 12:37:46 AM
okey so now i understand how does the stun works :D

thanks once again mate!

tho i find this flask very effective if as i dont use any curse
Spoiler

edit:
i couldn't find anything about pantheon tho
any solution?

Last edited by Tylwyth on Oct 3, 2017, 2:15:36 AM
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
Kosai wrote:
Hi, im currently using Tidebreaker with Ground Slam, but it is quite underwhelming, might switch next league to convert phys to lightning with a Brain Rattler.

But anyway, I still feel like I could use Tidebreaker and Heavy Strike just might do the trick. My question is, do you think being a Juggernaut will make a difference? Especially with the increase damage per endurance charge paired together with Veruso's Battering Rams, I'm thinking of scaling the damage further with endurance charges.

Also, how do you splash the Heavy Strike for speed clears? Do you use a melee splash support and switch it off for bosses?

Ground Slam is underwhelming because the base damage of this skill is simply really really low; Heavy Strike with threshold jewel can deal 2.4 times the damage of Ground Slam with the same setup. Brain Rattler doesn't seem like a good choice to me, mobs have resistances and converting phy to lightning actually reduces your damage.

Juggernaut plus Veruso's Battering Rams gives 10% inc dmg per endurance charge, let's say you manage to get 7 endurance charges and that's 70% inc dmg, which is around 7.4% more damage when I added that damage to my character(Path of Building calculation), but I will lose the 40% more damage and other damage sources from Berserker ascendancy. So I really don't think it's a good way to go; I believe it's a common mistake to overestimate how much 'increased damage' does.

With Slayer we can get splash from ascendancy, otherwise we need Splash support. We could also always have another 6-link sunder on chest or another weapon to clear, it's more costly but definitely works better.

Actually, would'nt it be 140% increased damage?

Unrelenting Juggernaut + Veruso's Battering Rams + Tidebreaker
6 + 4 + 10 = 20%

so if I were to have 7 endurance charges id have 20% x 7 = 140%

Could you check again please with path of building, compare with Berserker. Im really torn between Juggernaut and Berserker >.<

i'd really appreciate it, thanks in advance :)
Last edited by Kosai on Oct 3, 2017, 4:11:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info