[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"Most major bosses and Map bosses have a stun immunity duration of two seconds.

This duration is longer on powerful bosses like Guardians, the Shaper, the Elder and Sirus, lasting four seconds."

Did this just kill us?? Can we get enough duration to make it work? Man huge bummer, have wanted to make it for ages, finally did, just barely made early 80's =/ I even gave him a really clever stun name D:
"
_Skall_ wrote:

This duration is longer on powerful bosses like Guardians, the Shaper, the Elder and Sirus, lasting four seconds."

Did this just kill us?? Can we get enough duration to make it work? Man huge bummer, have wanted to make it for ages, finally did, just barely made early 80's =/ I even gave him a really clever stun name D:

My take on this is that stun-locking bosses will not be a thing anymore in this game. Stunning will still help as to give ample time for us to heal up and deal dps when the boss becomes occasionally stunned, but a heavy investment in stunning will no longer be justified.

This is probably the heaviest nerf this build has got and probably puts an end to the 3-year legacy of stun-locking Shaper that this build delivers.
From my reading, stun immunity likely starts as the stun animation ends

So even we scale stun duration via ruthless 0.8s and double stun procs, we will always face atleast 4 seconds of immunity

We may be able to scale stun duration in a way that allows us to get quite long duration stuns, which will let us get uninterrupted dps, but no stunlock

Alas, it was fun boys
Yikes, that is a huge nerf. I barely got to enjoy this build
Well ... I wanted to play Stun build next league even before harvest announcement, so I will do it anyway.

This temporary stun immunity is bad of course but Shaper and Sirius are phase bosses so we had to stop our stuns anyway. Now I think the main task would be to deal sufficient amount of damage so boss will start to change it's phase right after stun goes off. The main question for me - is it possible to stun Sirius at the beginning of a phase for about 4-5 seconds and damage it enough so phase changing period will start and his stun immunity will start counting when Sirius is invincible anyway OR I will have to stun him like ten times in one phase, running away from him for 4 seconds each time.

One thing is clear - we need to shift more from r.e.s.t. into stun duration specs since "it would be easier to stun enemies with a new warcries"
I feel kinda discouraged considering I worked so hard to get this build done in time, but I might try slayer 2 handed mace yet. Just not sure how well it is going to work considering the stunlocking is what made it safer for us in the fights. Especially against agile bosses or that likes to spam magic/aoe attacks or whatever else, plus culling strike on stun did wonders to execute them as quick as possible.

Honestly Elder pre-nerf even with phases is quick to be stunlock even after you are forced to change to the next phase. Now I am not sure if the time given will be enough to make that happen, or if I had to guess might involve a lot more of cash involved to increase DPs. So if this build somehow survives, it might lean towards stun duration, yeah. Just dunno how many item/skills options are there to increase the duration and if the investment will be worth it.
Last edited by Praef on Jun 16, 2020, 7:28:39 AM
It's a damn heavy nerf for perma stun and maces in general, but I guess we can adjust by investing in stun duration like hell. With better damage due all these buffs coming up l, we will still be able to capitalize on stun, by killing everything faster, just won't be brainless as before.

My guess is that this will hurt Heavy Strike way more than Ground Slam. Prob ground slam will come out as the safest gameplay now, since you won't be stunning sirus to death anymore
Last edited by Haadd on Jun 16, 2020, 7:56:41 AM
Honestly I wasn't even able to permastun Sirus on the run I tried, so it isn't even guaranteed (without all the proper gear to have huge DPs). And isn't permastun like a niche build? I was checking the usage ratio and the ones on the top are cyclone and lacerate, not stuff like heavy strike.

That being said, I should try to kill Shaper asap and go for another round versus Sirus before the next league starts and the nerf comes down.
Last edited by Praef on Jun 16, 2020, 8:25:49 AM
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
_Skall_ wrote:

My take on this is that stun-locking bosses will not be a thing anymore in this game. Stunning will still help as to give ample time for us to heal up and deal dps when the boss becomes occasionally stunned, but a heavy investment in stunning will no longer be justified.

This is probably the heaviest nerf this build has got and probably puts an end to the 3-year legacy of stun-locking Shaper that this build delivers.

Aw man that's sad. Haven't played in a while and was hoping to come back next patch and this is my go-to build. Thanks for making this guide and keeping it updated. Your work is highly appreciated!
"
tzhuang wrote:
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
_Skall_ wrote:

Aw man that's sad. Haven't played in a while and was hoping to come back next patch and this is my go-to build. Thanks for making this guide and keeping it updated. Your work is highly appreciated!

It is indeed. Brightwaha always have been a dedicated player and contributor to this community, but I will refrain on calling this build dead. We will adapt and overcome. As I said, things will shift a little now towards stun duration and raw damage. I can see this build still working, just not brainless easy as before

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info