[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
_SigmunD wrote:
Hello there, i find this build very interesting and fun, so i'll give it a try. Only issue is I'm playing the game for a month now, maybe less, and i'm checking items' prices to see if I can afford them; from my perspective, Tidebreaker seems quite expensive in Standard (30c min), while cheaper in Delirium (2c). On the other side, for istance, Starforge is less expensive in Standard (2ex) than it is in Delirium (7ex). Why this difference? And overall, where can i find the cheaper prices? Anyway I've got no chars in Delirium, so I'm not sure it makes sense to give it a try as a "league starter".

Then I focused my attention on jewels: they seems very specific ones, so my question is: do i need to craft them or there's a chance to find them on trade? Again, what's the average cost for crafting and for buying (if possible)? Last thing, could you just link a guide to jewels crafting please? It seems pretty expensive, but maybe it'll be necessary for T12/13+ maps.

The difference in price can be due to standard having a larger pool of existing items and smaller number of active players / buyers. Shaper fights became less accessible now and it's reasonable that Starforge, a Shaper drop, is more expensive in leagues. Tidebreaker is a rare drop and rarely used by builds. The lack of market makes it a perfect target for price fixing in standard, so the price would be a bit higher for that reason. In Delirium the price is driven down as there are just enough supply.

This is not a budget build, but it functions well on a budget. You can for sure start your league with this build. However, if you won't be playing much and can only invest a couple chaos for each item, then you might have a better time if following a real budget build.

You should buy jewels and the jewels needed for this build are not super specific so there should be some in the market for you to buy. Crafting is almost always more expensive.
Last edited by brightwaha on Apr 7, 2020, 7:12:42 PM
"
JaguarXXX wrote:
I made a Berserker in Delirium to check out the new cluster jewels we have talked about here. I actually wanted to try hollow palm technique and frenzy, but I applied some of the thoughts laid out here in picking cluster jewels to test with the build. I managed to test out 1 x cry wolf (I am using enduring cry on my build as it is already a bit of a glass cannon) and 2 x mob mentality.

With the enduring cry cool down helmet enchant plus second wind, I can war cry about every 1.3 seconds. Also, 1 x cry wolf allows you to get to max endurance charges within seconds, even with no mobs around.

The 2 x mob mentality is pretty crazy with berserk, although I ultimately can’t justify the extra mob mentality with my hollow palm/frenzy build and went back to using just 1.

But I think this permastun build is going to really be able to take advantage of the new cluster jewels to an even greater extent, since it can get endurance charges through tidebreaker and can therefore opt for rallying cry instead of enduring cry and thus take advantage of stacking cry wolf. Really looking forward to testing out the new jewels on the build once they come to standard.

Since we already have quite a lot of cooldown recovery, I think the Enduring Cry cooldown enchant is quite ineffective. Berserk rage loss enchant would make much more sense if you want to make more use out of the rage generated.

If using Berserk, 2 * Mob Mentality is very efficient. 3 is an overkill and 1 is not quite enough. I think if you can manage, getting 2 Mob Mentality is quite important.

I am testing the combination of Rallying Cry and Berserk now. See my profile and or the Alternative Playstyle section for details. It does work and offer great DPS, but at the same time such playstyle requires too much button pressing and is difficult to play optimally.
Since I cannot program simulations to optimize my build, I will take your advice. :p Thanks.

(Just checked the price for a starkonja's with berserk enchant--they are all going for 13-15 exalt, which is quite a lot. I will try to get one on standard instead. I did pick up a rare helmet with the enchant, but it doesn't have a dex mod.)
Last edited by JaguarXXX on Apr 8, 2020, 12:55:29 AM
I decided to try out Enduring Cry. So then I really started enjoying it (Slayer btw). So then I remembered you guys talking about Mob Mentality and Cry Wolf. Then I stumbled on a video of the cluster being talked about, touting it's strength (moreso on regen builds). Decided to pick it up tonight just to try it and my god it's the best decision I ever made this league.

So yeah, I wanna parrot your point about this not being a budget build. The clusters will cost a pretty penny, I still don't even have a double jewel socket version of my Heavy Hitter cluster.

Also the normal jewels easily run minimum 60c, like atk speed, dmg, str, life, etc.
The only upside was that Kaom's dropped in price dramatically this league.
We won't bring up Ryslatha's...
"
driiifter wrote:
I decided to try out Enduring Cry. So then I really started enjoying it (Slayer btw). So then I remembered you guys talking about Mob Mentality and Cry Wolf. Then I stumbled on a video of the cluster being talked about, touting it's strength (moreso on regen builds). Decided to pick it up tonight just to try it and my god it's the best decision I ever made this league.

So yeah, I wanna parrot your point about this not being a budget build. The clusters will cost a pretty penny, I still don't even have a double jewel socket version of my Heavy Hitter cluster.

Also the normal jewels easily run minimum 60c, like atk speed, dmg, str, life, etc.
The only upside was that Kaom's dropped in price dramatically this league.
We won't bring up Ryslatha's...

If you're paying 60c for normal jewels you're not doing it right. If you look at my profile and stash I have a big collection of jewels in Delirium and I paid like 5c on average for most of them.

And regarding the cluster jewels, perfect ones are always going to be expensive, but you don't really need the absolute best ones. Try search for combinations that are not commonly desired and with some luck you will find some pretty good cluster jewels at around 20c. And that's the average price I paid for my collection of cluster jewels.

Most item pieces needed for this build have a low demand and if you know what to look for you will end up paying far less for your items.

So, I wouldn't say this build is expensive, instead, I think it's fair to say that this build can be expensive - because the build works perfectly fine with sub-optimal cluster jewels and other stuff, and can be gradually improved with better items. And I think it's one of the things GGG tried to achieve and finally succeeded.

Previously some budget builds have no room for improvement. Now with the inclusion of cluster jewels, anointment, timeless jewels, a lot of great rare mods, etc. most builds can be improved with more investment, and I think it's a good thing.

And Ryslatha's Coil... people are starting to realize how good it is. It is an important upgrade for us and it sucks that it's that expensive; but a regular abyss belt isn't that bad either.
@brightwaha
thanks for your constant effort updating and improving this build all the time.
I started a ground slam Zerker before I found your build and I am going to switch into yours using HS as single target skill.
However I am not sure how to proceed right now, checking your Berserker char in your profile, but reading your comments regarding the playstyle for rallying cry and button pressing.
------------------------------------------
Atm I am using:

2 Heavy Hitter / Overlord/Weight Advantage
2 Mob mentality haunting shout/rattling bellow

3 normal jewel 7% life / attack speed between 9-12%

1 watcher's, 6% life 12% double damage with pride

I run enduring cry/berserk/ground slam (vaal GS) and switch for bossing
awakened inc area for concentrated effect.
lvl 91 now, have 7k life and around 250K dps ( 350k w/conc effect) flasked, when I hoover over the Skill icon with my mouse
---------------------------------------------
For my Ground Slam I use

I want to buy a second Tidebreaker now 6 red and build up a single target HS Skill and invest some ex into better gear:

I tried the best possible ryslatha coil (48/36) in PoB to find out how much better it is than my actual belt and if it is worth the expense, but I always get less dps than with my actual belt

do I something wrong?

If you find the time I would love to get some advise what on my gear/gems to improve and what helmet and enchant you advise when I switch to Heavy Strike for single, atm I am using

with GS enchant

have fun Ghrut
"
TheBull100 wrote:
@brightwaha
thanks for your constant effort updating and improving this build all the time.
I started a ground slam Zerker before I found your build and I am going to switch into yours using HS as single target skill.
However I am not sure how to proceed right now, checking your Berserker char in your profile, but reading your comments regarding the playstyle for rallying cry and button pressing.
------------------------------------------
Atm I am using:

2 Heavy Hitter / Overlord/Weight Advantage
2 Mob mentality haunting shout/rattling bellow

3 normal jewel 7% life / attack speed between 9-12%

1 watcher's, 6% life 12% double damage with pride

I run enduring cry/berserk/ground slam (vaal GS) and switch for bossing
awakened inc area for concentrated effect.
lvl 91 now, have 7k life and around 250K dps ( 350k w/conc effect) flasked, when I hoover over the Skill icon with my mouse
---------------------------------------------
For my Ground Slam I use

I want to buy a second Tidebreaker now 6 red and build up a single target HS Skill and invest some ex into better gear:

I tried the best possible ryslatha coil (48/36) in PoB to find out how much better it is than my actual belt and if it is worth the expense, but I always get less dps than with my actual belt

do I something wrong?

If you find the time I would love to get some advise what on my gear/gems to improve and what helmet and enchant you advise when I switch to Heavy Strike for single, atm I am using

with GS enchant

have fun Ghrut

The jewels are alright, you don't have to pick up Cry Wolf and Rallying Cry - you could but it comes with some downsides as well.

The Watcher's Eye is fine; unnecessary but it's okay.

350k DPS sounds super low; this number must be incorrect. You should use the Community Fork of PoB and make sure you apply the correct settings in the config window.

After you switch to the Community Fork of PoB you will see a much higher DPS with Ryslatha's, and this is because the regular PoB completely ignores the 2 unique mods in Ryslatha's.

Generally you want Heavy Strike 12% enchant on Devoto's Devotion.

There isn't really anything that I can spot in your character profile that requires immediate replacement. There are many choices I would call sub-optimal but depending on your budget you could live with these.

I think currently your goal should be to get a 2nd Tidebreaker and maybe get Vulnerability corrupted gloves and Ryslatha's Coil and a helmet.
@brightwaha
thanks for the quick respone.
As I am not native english maybe I expressed myself wrong, the 350dps I have inside the game looking to the dps at the GS skill, hoovering with my mouse over it.
In PoB i have around 1mio, GS and 2 Mio Vaal GS with all correct conditions switch on.
I have a problem with the community fork instalation, whenever I am eding correctly the .xml file at next update screen get grey and programm stopps working dont know why but I tried several times on 2 PC/Laptops with the same result, It stopps working and I have to close it with my task manager. So I cant test it
Maybe I can ask a friend ingame to give me 1 for just testing the dps stats
I will try that and looking for a 12% HS enchant , thanks

Ghrut
"
TheBull100 wrote:
@brightwaha
thanks for the quick respone.
As I am not native english maybe I expressed myself wrong, the 350dps I have inside the game looking to the dps at the GS skill, hoovering with my mouse over it.
In PoB i have around 1mio, GS and 2 Mio Vaal GS with all correct conditions switch on.
I have a problem with the community fork instalation, whenever I am eding correctly the .xml file at next update screen get grey and programm stopps working dont know why but I tried several times on 2 PC/Laptops with the same result, It stopps working and I have to close it with my task manager. So I cant test it
Maybe I can ask a friend ingame to give me 1 for just testing the dps stats
I will try that and looking for a 12% HS enchant , thanks

Ghrut

It's very easy to calculate the DPS bonus from Ryslatha's Coil.

If you're using Tidebreaker, it's very likely your damage range is around 3. Assume a damage range of exactly 3, a Ryslatha's Coil with x% more max damage and y% less min damage brings (0.75x-0.25y)% more damage.

Which means a perfectly rolled Ryslatha's with 48%/36% gives (0.75*48-0.25*36)%=27% more damage.

Nothing can beat this, period.
"If you're paying 60c for normal jewels you're not doing it right."
"If you know what to look for"

I don't understand this statement. I looked at your jewels, you're using cheap ones, so yeah, that explains why they're cheap. I'm not using cheap ones, that explains why they're at least 60c.
I'm not even using the "perfect" large cluster and it was still expensive.

You already said it's not a budget build, I parroted, I didn't even use the word expensive in my post. It seems like your post was more aimed at defending the build than it was responding to me. The build is fine, I'm not criticizing it, you don't need to patronize me.
Last edited by driiifter on Apr 8, 2020, 6:39:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info