Kza has challenged you... Can you handle it?

While I'm all for new drama, especially about some random claiming top 1 rank temp league LLD (lol), I never understood why HLD players love to bash on LLD.

You literally gain nothing saying shit like "come to HLD noob and get rekt". Like come on, you can count the number of active pvp players among a playerbase of thousands, why do you have to antagonize and insult the people most likely to give HLD a shot?
"
Idk, I hope I am wrong.

If I were you I wouldn't worry too much as you have been wrong about almost everything poe-related quite consistently.
"
lapiz wrote:
"
Idk, I hope I am wrong.

If I were you I wouldn't worry too much as you have been wrong about almost everything poe-related quite consistently.

I wasnt wrong about your sexuality, I voted for you for biggest queen.

If you really want to know about mistakes, you should ask your parents.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Mar 17, 2017, 11:14:58 AM
"
DedeX wrote:

3. KZA, will u accept my challenge with 100% temp league char? Character is in PT's formula (max 4L no quality gems). If yes, whpiser me @Dede_Charon
Will see if the new flask broke the game again.

Talamoana

if you kill her Overpowered and invincible LL pvp char lol, make a video and share it with us lol
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Sep 1, 2017, 12:54:48 PM
Alpha testing is probably beyond your comprehension.
I agree with Vhlad. LLD feels too niche to opt into once a player reaches a high enough character in PvE, and investing on LLD gear is almost only useful in LLD, while investing in HLD is almost always useful for PvE too. LLD is intended for casuals, who can try out PvP early without much investment, but the problem is, that it is possible to invest a lot into LLD, so there can be as much gear gap between players as in HLD, if there would be gear restriction like the PT events had, it would have been more casual-friendly.

Other than a grind-free solution, LLD also sounds like an excuse to balance PvP properly. It removes build enabling ascendencies, many niche and creative unique items, and passive choices, an enormous amount of combinations, making it feel lackluster for those who's build mechanics and interactions are taken away by the exclusions.

With enough balancing, technically HLD would be better for a dedicated PoE player, as the ultimate end-game we dream of, but the game needs LLD for the PvP population (at least that was the concept), the casual mass the game relies on financially. If everyone would be dedicated and the game would be perfectly balanced, there would be no need for LLD, but we lack in both.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
KZA wrote:
No takers? Goodness it's lonely at the top....

Are you are least providing some kind of currency reward to the one that dethrones you?
"
Márkusz wrote:
I agree with Vhlad. LLD feels too niche to opt into once a player reaches a high enough character in PvE, and investing on LLD gear is almost only useful in LLD, while investing in HLD is almost always useful for PvE too. LLD is intended for casuals, who can try out PvP early without much investment, but the problem is, that it is possible to invest a lot into LLD, so there can be as much gear gap between players as in HLD, if there would be gear restriction like the PT events had, it would have been more casual-friendly.

Other than a grind-free solution, LLD also sounds like an excuse to balance PvP properly. It removes build enabling ascendencies, many niche and creative unique items, and passive choices, an enormous amount of combinations, making it feel lackluster for those who's build mechanics and interactions are taken away by the exclusions.

With enough balancing, technically HLD would be better for a dedicated PoE player, as the ultimate end-game we dream of, but the game needs LLD for the PvP population (at least that was the concept), the casual mass the game relies on financially. If everyone would be dedicated and the game would be perfectly balanced, there would be no need for LLD, but we lack in both.

I can agree with parts of your thoughts. What I think many people dont understand is this, when GGG decided to sponsor LLD, it made LLD official. People invested heavily into LLD thinking it was going to be a league of PvP within PoE for years to come. Many people spent hundreds of exalts because of tournaments, alt arts, and ladders. I would love for HLD to be balanced and draw more members. I would love the same for LLD. The LLD community has existed way before the seasons and definitely was encouraged by GGG with the seasons. If it was abandoned all together and the focus was only HLD, I am sure a part of the community would feel mislead. Maybe LLD wasnt the right direction to start with but its pretty shitty for them to run multiple seasons, 2 official and 1 community hosted sponsored by GGG, and then for everyone who invested into LLD just to be left out in the cold. I dont think it needs to be HLD or LLD. There is a place within the community for both, or I would mostly like to see an entire new system which leveled the playing field for everyone.
You never balance PvP from the LLD perspective, that's partly where they started to go wrong.

Initially they made claims they could balance the two separately. Instead they balanced strictly based on LLD performance...the lack of experience, lack of actual effort by some players. Which created a not so clear vision of what was actual dominant and what was just being exploited on new players. During those seasons you had guys like Greenturd running around while bleeding constantly, not even making an effort to dispel it. Also using Temporal Chains + Puncture, which is retarded as well. I watched people try to face tank (they still do, because bad) Cyclone...ignoring the sheer fact it is countered by slows/bleed/bear traps/obstacles and does very minimal damage per hit if you're actually not standing in it with your dick in your hand. People consistently got frozen and instantly lost. It was a shit show and GGG saw it as true PvP.

Also not taking into account obvious "counter picks/plays". These are expected and an integral part of any competitive setting. They aren't bad if there is a legitimate answer to said counter pick via items,swaps,player ability. This game still doesn't quite have that down yet. For instance Lapiz will only play against someone when he somewhat counters them first. He's basically a pud fuck otherwise. Like when he played trapper against Grindcores melee in LLD then puffed up his faggy chest like he was godlike. Yes yes I know rain of arrows off hand, aoe, leap slam, arc +++ all break traps but its still a bad match up especially with the truly limited options LLD offers. When you're trying to prove points you should do so without counter picking in such an obvious way, then it holds weight.

You either balance separately or you focus on HLD/end game balance, leaving LLD to scavenge the left overs.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Mar 17, 2017, 10:19:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info