The Prime Monsters system, AKA: How to Fix Dominating Blow once in for all

"
Tsokushin wrote:
I'm using Dominating Blow a bit myself this league. One of the primary weaknesses I feel to it are the base duration of the current skill coming in at a paltry 24 seconds. It makes it extremely underwhelming and hard to use against the new boss HP pools.

How does duration factor in to your proposed rework? Are primes essentially permanent like spectres? Or do the base primes have duration themselves? Or will duration only affect the growing/shrinking phases of the converted enemies?

They are duration based

The first you kill becomes the vessel of the Prime growth

Each monsters of the same type you kill add their stats to the prime and also Reset the Expiration timer

If lets say, your Dom blow duration is 60 seconds and you cant manage to find a same type monster to kill and feed to your prime within that 60sec, the Prime disappear
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
interesting idea and its probably better than the current dominating blow gem, "I have never used it because I dont like temporary summons". But I am assuming its better for lag reasons and they seem prolonged more. I never tried animate weapon either, but I do have a summoner that uses zombies, spectres, golems, skeleton mages and animate guardian. I may add dom blow to him, if the minions last a bit, and the gem isnt just triggered by melee attacks. Make it so you can use projectile/wand and spell attacks with it too, to get that trigger going.

I would prefer the minions to last until logout though, but hey, I hate temporary minions. Spectres will soon last past logout so thats good :)
Last edited by Sixpackand2guns on Oct 9, 2017, 9:31:47 PM
bump
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
I main a dominating blow character most leagues, it's fun. I like it as it is, I'm not a fan of your concept. Hardly gives the incentive to play it if you're just going to end up with 1 minion. May as well just go necromancer and play a summoner. Also if anyone has issues with dominating blow 'lag' then they should be upgrading their computers simple as that. I do agree DB needs a rework I don't think this is the rework it needs. My 2 cents.
"
opeth wrote:
I main a dominating blow character most leagues, it's fun. I like it as it is, I'm not a fan of your concept. Hardly gives the incentive to play it if you're just going to end up with 1 minion. May as well just go necromancer and play a summoner. Also if anyone has issues with dominating blow 'lag' then they should be upgrading their computers simple as that. I do agree DB needs a rework I don't think this is the rework it needs. My 2 cents.

Well if you had read what I proposed you would have seen that you can get more than one minion and even more if you roll monster diversity on the map

Also the don blow lag isn't only for the players . GGG said it's also affecting their servers which is why they reduced srs and animated weapons, they never tackled dom blow's limit because almost nobody plays it

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
opeth wrote:

Well if you had read what I proposed you would have seen that you can get more than one minion and even more if you roll monster diversity on the map

Also the don blow lag isn't only for the players . GGG said it's also affecting their servers which is why they reduced srs and animated weapons, they never tackled dom blow's limit because almost nobody plays it

Yes, you can get a 'few' minions. Some people like dominating blow for the sheer number you can obtain. Not everyone is going to like your idea, people have different opinions. I do agree it needs to be reworked, just not the way you proposed.
bump
This looks amazing.
Would buy MTX packs for my pet spoider!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info