Developer Questions and Answers

Will any change be brought to the Goddess swords in the near future?
Do you guys have a plan on integrating the brilliant poe.trade into game? I'm so dead in between Chrome and PoE switching when trading things,and like 50% of chance i got disconnected.This Diablo-2-like Trading system is 20 years ago and ought not to be present now, I assume.
Last edited by Palin81 on Mar 13, 2017, 6:40:16 PM
Hi GGG, I have a question about "life vs ES" balance.

In my opinion, one big problem of life scaling is the limited source of life%. Except some uniques and talismans, the only source of life% is the life% nodes from passive tree. On the other hand, we can get ES% from not only the ES% nodes, but also intelligence, global defense, shield defense, amulets/rings prefixes, life% with Energy From Within, and even strength (with Shaper's Touch). As a result, in order to get to a certain level of life pool, all life-based trees are similar because they have to path around all those life% nodes. While ES-based trees can vary by a lot (for example, HoWA/Whispering Ice, Iron Will CI, CI flameblast caster, scott4040's CI Jugg Blade Flurry, their trees are very different but all of them managed to get decent ES pools.)

Here's my question, will you add more source of life% to increase the variety of life builds in the future?
Last edited by insobyr on Mar 13, 2017, 7:08:11 PM
Did you plan on creating Avatar of Ice and Avatar of Lighting ?

Regarding translations, is it a way to work on it or help for it ? I would like to be involved in French translation if possible.
As a fellow aspiring game developer and programmer, I'd like to know how many lines of code go into the game?

Is it C exclusively? Is there a scripting system in place for high level logic?

I always continue to be impressed by this game and the quality of the end result. I know that takes a ton of engineering effort to do the most apparently simple things (nothing is ever simple). I appreciate all of the hard work that has gone into the rendering and lockstep modes, not that predictive mode isn't impressive as well.

I'd be curious to see how the mechanics trigger in engine, it seems quite complicated, which makes it all the more impressive.

Last edited by Spirit_Toaster on Mar 13, 2017, 6:52:26 PM
Are you not aware that you launched Legacy league on the exact same day that The Legend of Zelda was released? Do you have no sympathy for your fans or staff? This led to one of the more difficult choices I have made in a long time. I chose Legacy and have had to watch my girlfriend play Zelda while I administer to my Zombie Hoard. How many GGG staff tried to call out that day?
Which atlas strategy is most common with the ggg-employees?
Is there anything in PoE currently, or has there been in the past, that you think shouldn't ever have been implemented?
First of all, thank you GGG for making a great game and constantly updating it with new and fun content. I have played more PoE then almost any other game ever... (DotA 2 being my one exception...sorry)

I have a few questions

1) Will there be an Xbox One Beta test period? How can I gain access to it?

2) I know that you are pretty adamant on the trading issue between players, but with a different system in play and no third party sites (cough poe.trade cough), how can Xbox one players successfully trade for the gear they need?

3) What inspires you all when you come up with new content (leagues, acts, skills, major mechanic changes like ascendencies, etc.)?

4) I am a high school math teacher IRL. What would you tell my students who are interested in the field of programming (especially making games)? How did some of you get started in the field?

Thanks once again for making such a great game.

Will there be any changes to the existing 4 acts or are they staying the same?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info