EK Nova Crit [2.6] assassin 300k dps * New Video

iv been working on this character and hit lvl 70 so I bought all the gear you have and the same exact nodes, why am I only doing 20k dps?????? I haven't done my labs but theres no way it can make that big of a difference.
Hey, so I was looking for a different build using a skill i've never tried before and came across this in my search. looked fun. Here's where I'm at so far. Lvl 73, just went full ci couple lvls ago and switched all my gear out (spent about 15ex all told on the es stuff) and am at about 148k tooltip with all buffs up, and 7k es with lots of es nodes still to grab... not too shabby for lvl 73.

Couple things i did with this:

1. On EK 6link I went with empower (lvl 3 atm) instead of added fire. significant damage boost over added fire, not to mention less chance of self-kill to ele reflect mob, and hopefully i'll get to try a lvl 4 empower at some point.

2. Tried out leap slam instead of lightning warp...was a fail as the only faster attacks help for leap was the gem, nothing from the passive tree, and it was too slow. Seems the fully buffed 4link light warp is best. Too bad, as i was thinking LS-faster attacks-fortify would be nice for a little more damage mitigation.

3. I'm running hatred and discipline along with vaal haste and inc duration in a 4link. grabbed Sovereignty nodes by templar to make this workable mana-wise.

4. For assassin's mark, i'm running it with spell totem, and aoe with an UNLINKED ice golem in my gloves. just pop the totem and then tele into the mobs and destroy them. Tried curse on hit with HoI which sucked, and with HoT which was better but still not great. The Assassin's mark totem works great though...may not hit every single monster but plenty to sustain life/mana leech and max power charges all the time. Important to have the golem unlinked otherwise you'll just get a useless golem totem instead of an actual golem. :D

5. After the above links, I found myself with a full 6link chest left over, so i went with low lvl CWDT-Immortal call-increased duration-frost wall (excellent defense against ranged mobs)-ice spear-vortex. the latter two for chilling stuff....a slower monster is a better monster! Quite a nice defensive setup and keeping it low level means it procs a lot.

6. For flasks i'm running taste of hate/atziri's promise/sorrow of the divine for big damage buffs, along with surgeon's quicksilver of staunching and catalysed eternal mana flask of curing.

Future plans after lvling some more are to get surgeon's granite of curing to replace mana flask when my mana pool gets bigger, and to try and borrow a vinktar's from a guild mate to play around with before actually buying one.

Great build, fun to play. Glad i ran into your forum post!

EDIT: Update. Currently at lvl 83 with 8998 energy shield and fully buffed tooltip of 255.4k damage. (buffs include 7x power charges, flasks taste of hate/atziri's promise/sorrow of the divine, and vaal haste) This build is a keeper. :D

SECOND EDIT: Level 84. 308.7k tooltip... WTF???
That, that is, is. That, that is not, is not. Is that it? It is.
Last edited by JugJugJug on May 2, 2017, 5:17:18 PM
How do you have enough mana to run Discipline, Hatred and Herald of Ice all at the same time? And where is the leech coming from? Lab enchant?
I don't know about you but i managed to get MOM in to the life based build. I started doing this after they released information about CI nerfs so here it goes...

195% inc. Life
92% inc. Mana + Pledge + 315 flat mana (not counting gear)
10% block with staves, 170% crit while wielding staves, 75% crit multi while wielding staves.

Tho i took Scion ascendancy since they're buffing it right now and it seems like its a pretty good choice to take Assassin and Deadeye for pierce (proj. damage)

With rumis you can get 48% block which helps alot against porcupines example.

You don't need to use belly of the beast.. You can just go with kaoms heart and get even more life + 40% increased fire damage helps if using added fire..

http://poeurl.com/bkHe

Hatred + Herald of Ash + Herald of Ice. Link them with enlighten and you don't use all your mana.
how are you dealing with stuns? i don't see a chayula's or any avoid interruption nodes in tree.
How do you leech Life and mana? Life comes from the Doryani belt? 0.2% is low. I gave up on this build at lv 76 due to life/ mana leeching.
I'm new to this game and don't quite understand everything. Just wondering if you could possibly make a step-by-step guide for this build as I'm totally confused on what I should be aiming for in each Act. It doesn't have to go into extreme detail, but something to follow for each Act would be nice.

(If anyone knows of an easier or simpler build for me to start out with, I'm open to anything).
3.0 viable?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info