EK Nova Crit [2.6] assassin 300k dps * New Video

Hey guys! if you're taking the time to look at this build then your awesome. Just a little bit about myself since this is my real build post, since I feel that this is a cheap enough high dps/clear speed build that anyone could get into. I've been playing PoE for about 4 years now with a total of 2000 hours into it and finally decided to make my own first build. If you have any comments or improvements let me know I'm still perfecting thing build on the current patch.

First off is the damage output of this build. With each stage of buffs at level 84.

NOTE: This build uses the threshold gem introduced this patch.

No charges 6L'ed hideout dps
Spoiler

full charges 6L'ed dps
Spoiler

full charages,flasks and vaal haste 6L'ed
Spoiler

Full charges 5L'ed dps
Spoiler

Full charges flask and vaal haste 5L'ed
Spoiler

That is for my setup at the time when I put this build up and could possibly change. At the total cost of about 15-20 chaos I was pushing out 150k dps without taste of hate, vessel and vaal haste active around level 70-75

Skill tree:
Spoiler

Original Life based build, since out dated. Might consider removing this version.
http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAOEWAABusNii2cgU9W9qjBa_JpVh4lVLjDaJ03BSKgtd8isKAx4fQetjtUgPqySLwzqbtYTFKjhQQnOz8GsV5-OEDdFjQw5IEZYHHpUu8NVJUY_6XEBUvRXtlovVuev1wwm5k_Idf8aTJy-dFvMmPGwLIvRtGQj0wFRqQ6KjD8Q7fLjKwfOVIC0fTLMgblAw214EB4PbVcaus0GW0PUFQiycES18g-vupwiPRh0UjmT3prb6HNyPGriTmuBFnVNSKPqCx_noQYe3Pv4K2L01kv6P8kU64TIyEJLZhrxvIzZTEAAAAAAA

CI Skill tree(current).
http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAOcWAABxsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_df2Eb9RCtUjrYxEvKwoDHh9B44QN0WNDDkhd8ioLcFKJ04w2B2PLvRGWBx6VLvDVSVGP-tDQX2pcQFS9Fe2Wi9W57BgsvxXXhq5WY3_GoqMPxDt8uMrr9fIdwwm5k5MnL50W8yY8bAsi9G0ZEVA1uacrHU_ZWxslS67pAt-KLR9MsyBuUDDbXtAf7-uus0GWBULQ9SycES18g-vuHNyPGriTKPpXyQ18pwiPRpuh99eESFxrw20dFI5k96a2-g-rJIvDOpu1hMUqODIyEJLZhrxvIzZTEAAAAAAA

Bandits:
Spoiler
Kill All
Help Alara/oak(Personal preference here. I chose Alara for cast speed)
Alara (For power charge)

If you wanted to go for a life based build then you should go for oak in normal rather then taking the skill point.

In the passive tree we only pick up the one node of projectile speed near the shadow due to Ethereal knives quality having been changed at some point. If we get too much we could potentially kill ourselves off screen which we don't want

Lets move onto my gearing choices or the what I'm currently pushing towards, as I want to try to implement Mind Over Matter, although it's proving to be rather difficult.

Main stats to look for:
Crit multiplier
projectile damage
% mana
#flat mana
Cast Speed
Physical damage

Spoiler

This is probably the most important piece of gearing choice I made for this build. It basically allows for you to have a 7 link removing the need to have spell echo wasting a link. It also provides us with a lot of extra mana for when I try to switch over to Mind over Matter.

Spoiler

Really good I find overall, adds mana cold resistance and makes it so we can't be frozen or chilled which can be a problem for both our lightning warp and survivability. Also allows us to clear cold breaches with ease.

Spoiler

To show the setup for my lightning warp, rapid decay+faster casting+reduced duration along with a decent set of movement speed boots makes moving around 10x easier.

My gear for life based build:

Spoiler

My current ES Gear since swapping over:
Spoiler

I plan on exalting my chest piece twice in the hopes of getting higher ES on it and swap out my belt for a better rustic sash (Or crystal belt if you want an extra 100es). The boots and gloves will also be swapped out to get another 100+ es on each slot which should bring us up to over 7-8k es no discipline.

Important note:
Since CI gear can get expensive this might not be a viable option for some players therefore going life based would be better for farming up the currency to swap over to CI.

Links and Ring of Blades Jewel. First off with new threshold jewel (Not sure if it is the same for other ones, but I found out that you don't have to allocate the dex nodes around it in order to have it activate, for this reason I don't have the dex nodes around vaal pact allocted)

Spoiler

Gear links
Spoiler
Ehtereal knives Links
5L: Ethereal knives: Faster casting + EK + critical strike chance + crit multipler pierce.
6L: Ethereal knives: Faster casting + EK + critical strike chance + crit multipler + pierce + added fire.
Buffs
Hatred (Depends how comfortable you are with having around 6-7k es without discipline
Harald of ice + curse on hit + assassin's mark.
Sustain
Cast when damage taken + motlen shell + immortal call

Spoiler

The unique flasks are pretty basic for a setup, taste of hate gives us more damage and survivability same with vessel although vessel converts our physical damage to lightning when we end up running into a reflect mob. Makes it so we don't instantly blow ourselves up.

I'll address sustain in here since this is where most of it comes from. Assassins mark provides me with enough sustain during regular clearing and the flasks allow us to sustain in a boss sustain in a boss fight due the added resistances and reduction.

The removes shock on the quicksilver helps us from taking extra damage from the vessel

If you can't afford the vessel or the taste of hate, swap them out for a basalt and granite both with increased armour during flask effect this will subside for physical reflect mobs

Video Temple map:
revamped up to 7.5k es with the current gear listed. Lot more livability then before.
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAqTZQMTyM0&feature=youtu.be

Now why do I think you should play this build?
-Really fast clear speed, takes about less the a few minutes a map if you push it.
-Tons of aoe damage, making it easy to clear/farm breaches.
-new threshold gem makes EK pretty powerful.
-Can do majority of maps, only ones I've had problems with currently at t8's are reflect maps.
-Near 100% crit chance and over 500% crit multipler.

Some cons:
-really have to pay attention because we can blow up really easy due to no safeguards
-Struggling to get MoM into the build
-If you don't think blowing everything up really fast is fun.
-Cannot do no mana/life regen/energy recharge maps. wihthout swapping some flasks out.

Another important note I'd like to make is that this build could easily be swapped over to CI which I think is a WAY better idea then forcing MoM, it adds slightly more phys damage, I'll link the CI version below.

Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAOsWAABzsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_jDaJ03BSKgtd8isKAx4fQetjtUgPqySLwzqbtYTFKjhzs_BrFefjhA3RY0MOSBGWBx6VLvDVSVGP-lxAVL0V7ZaL1bnr9cMJuZPyHX_GkycvnRbzJjxsCyL0bRmiow_EO3y4yi0fTLMgblAw216us0GW0PUFQiycES18g-vupwiPRh0UjmT3prb6HNyPGriTKPpXyQ18N4Om6yymkNaboffXhEhca8NtEVA1uacrHU91_YRv1ELsGCy_FdeGrlZj0NBfahEvwcXZWxslS64yMhCS2Ya8byM2UxAAAAAAAA==

I'll try to get some time to upload at least a regular atziri kill and potentially the shaper when I get the time.

Please feel free to comment on the build if you like it or not and if you find some better optimization choices as I'm still developing the build.

Update: have switched to CI and working out some stuff, but will upload a video of the build in action on my highest teir maps to show the clear speed and the damage output.
Last edited by Coragarus123 on Mar 23, 2017, 1:45:09 PM
Last bumped on Aug 10, 2017, 7:50:09 AM
Jewels?

How are we getting any amount of projectile speed?

Can you link your gear?

How are you leeching/how do we sustain ourselves?

Last edited by Shabbie on Mar 12, 2017, 3:52:51 AM
im assuming the threshold jewel you are referring to is the "ring of blades". if that is the case, your skill trees would not work due to the lack of dexterity surrounding the two jewel sockets you selected. this can easily be fixed by picking up the jewel socket right next to the shadow start below the power charge. if the "ring of blades" jewel is the one you are referring to let me know please or if i am just missing something please correct me. this seems like an interesting build and i literally just found both the pledge of hands and the new "ring of blades" jewel today and would like to try this build. thank you.
Any videos of this in action?
Hey! Thanks for the feedback. I updated the guide a bit to add a bit about sustain and address the threshold jewel. I'll update it a bit more this evening after work and upload a few videos to show the build off. Really helpful feedback for my first major build post :)
"
rac831 wrote:
your skill trees would not work due to the lack of dexterity surrounding the two jewel sockets you selected

Has OP changed the skill tree at all since you commented? The jewel socket that I see selected next to vaal pact is perfectly fine for Ring of Blades.
The skill tree is the same after the comment. Ring of blades does work with the tree I constructed.
124% life from tree is a tad bit low, even with Belly of the Beast I'd say...
Overall, the idea is nice, but I would personally regroup couple of nodes to something like this:

Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAOcWAABxsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_JpVh4lVLjDaJ03BSKgtd8g-rJIvDOpu1hMUqOFBCDkgRlgcelS7w1UlRj_rr9cMJuZPyHX_GkycvnRbzJjxsCyL0bRkI9MBUakOiow_EO3y4ysHzlSAtH0yzIG5QMNteBAeD21XGrrNBltD1BUIsnBEtfIPr7hzcjxq4k5rgRZ1TUij6gsf56EGHtz7-Cti9NZL-j_JFOuEy0UVHwGYEs6IA8B8rChEv62M2PZ2qbIxirAMeH0Hr5F8qhTKXLUlPvKq86mjyB2PLvTIyEJLZhrxvIzZTEAAAAAAA

173% inc max life, 146% inc max mana (+ 100% inc max mana with Pledge of Hands if using it, equals to 246% inc max mana), plus 301 flat to max max mana, which would be enough for Mind over Matter to kick in.
Just a matter of preference though, I like survivability because in my opinion, damage isn't everything, and there would be enough damage as it is, most likely.
what about gem links ?
I want to try the ci version for this but I would need the gem stuff
I'll add some more information and link my CI tree. Been working on grinding up a higher es level since 5.5k was relatively low without discipline. I have since added quite a bit more ES to my gear as well as getting my dps past 300k.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info