[2.6] Ben's Ranged AutoSummoner (BUDGET, MoM, guardian/shaper viable, projectqtup viable)

Does the 2nd animate weapon helmet enchant work with jorrhast or only with ones you summon yourself?
Hey, this build looks awesome, but I was wandering, what are your healing mechanics? Just heal out of flasks? Do you think it could work with ES instead of life?

And second, how do you deal with bosses that are far away from normal mobs areas? Dont your anims despawn before the boss is dead? Wouldnt you run out of summons?
So, i started leveling a character for this build im now level 60 and trying to run this in dried lake. i summon up 16 ranged weapons, everything is going great and after about 1 minuter all of the ranged weapons are gone. how is this happening? am i missing out on something here?
"
Makmon1337 wrote:
So, i started leveling a character for this build im now level 60 and trying to run this in dried lake. i summon up 16 ranged weapons, everything is going great and after about 1 minuter all of the ranged weapons are gone. how is this happening? am i missing out on something here?

Duration duration duration. Take minion duration nodes, duration gem, in the begin you might have manually spawn them. Best performance is in the high density maps.

"
EricCB wrote:
Hey, this build looks awesome, but I was wandering, what are your healing mechanics? Just heal out of flasks? Do you think it could work with ES instead of life?

And second, how do you deal with bosses that are far away from normal mobs areas? Dont your anims despawn before the boss is dead? Wouldnt you run out of summons?

1. Heal is not really an issue, you don't really face tank, just run around. But then again, I'm around T10 right now, further down it might change :D. Plus you can easily max out all resistances since gear is not really tied to build.

2. Maps that are linear are highly recommended. But even when you have to backtrack, I usually don't have any issues for now. In worse case scenario, drop a portal, go get more wands, and enter boss room. Plus, only high level maps with crazy mods can wipe your AW before you can kill them, usually everything melts pretty fast.
Last edited by mahoumage on Mar 17, 2017, 12:00:17 PM
"
mahoumage wrote:
"
Makmon1337 wrote:

Duration duration duration. Take minion duration nodes, duration gem, in the begin you might have manually spawn them. Best performance is in the high density maps.

i've have take all the duration nodes (6 of them if im not misstaken?) And i also have duration in my chest, Along with animate weapon,GMP,poison,added chaos and pierce, and in my jorrhast i have melee splash, poison,added chaos, minion damage, melee physical and multistrike.
Last edited by Makmon1337 on Mar 17, 2017, 12:07:09 PM
Have been leveling this build for a few hours now. Luckily I read through the last pages of this thread now. I am only at level 50 so didnt waste too much time, but will stop leveling for now. AW is already clunky enough for me. To now have the problem of weapons not animated with the correct gem links kills it for me.

Pretty sad, was looking forward to farming with this one :/
"
Mecielle wrote:
Have been leveling this build for a few hours now. Luckily I read through the last pages of this thread now. I am only at level 50 so didnt waste too much time, but will stop leveling for now. AW is already clunky enough for me. To now have the problem of weapons not animated with the correct gem links kills it for me.

Pretty sad, was looking forward to farming with this one :/

It's not really that big of a change. Simply change the Jorrhast links to use gmp and melee splash. You lose 1 link for each type sure but it's still a 6 link once you factor in the implicit gem. You can then either keep a ranged animate weapon on your chest to manually cast it during the run or swap to an srs setup that will get the Jorrhast summons going and not have to do any animating yourself at all.
Thoughts on using the Covenant as a chestpiece for this build?

Only downside I can think of is not having a 21 or 20/20 added chaos, but it does open up another link.
"
casaa wrote:

Only downside I can think of is not having a 21 or 20/20 added chaos, but it does open up another link.

As you maybe read above, I don't actually play this build (yet) but if it is like any other poison summoner your Added Chaos gem is the single biggest damage source you have. And every level it gets is a huge DPS increase. I highly doubt the free gem slot you would get from Covenant could even come close to making up the difference between a level 15 and a level 20 added chaos. Not even talking about level 21.

This is just my take on this, having played an SRS poison summoner last league and having gotten what felt like a 25% damage boost every time my added chaos leveled xD
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 17, 2017, 3:21:52 PM
"
casaa wrote:

The covenant appears to be getting tested on a lot of animate weapon builds recently. More with united in dream builds though since then you're basically getting a free added chaos and poison gem for an effective 8 link. I've seen a few people mention going something like Wither -> CwC -> Animate -> etc. using it.

With Jorrhast it's only your manual casts that would benefit. Still though maybe someone could think up a good use.
Last edited by Zenzen on Mar 17, 2017, 3:59:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info