[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

Ok this is important. I was wrong (and not only me) by assuming that default skill cooldown is 150ms and it is actually calculated like that in-game.

By recording many boss facetank vids and playing them back frame by frame to count the number of Discharge / Arc triggers per second I was seing that something is off. And now I know why.

It is beacuse PoE Server's are measuring those things in timestamps of 33ms each.

This means that in case of skill cooldowns (all of them) server is "checking" every 33ms if the skill is ready to fire or not. Imagine that you are going with your wife to theatre and you're checking her in bathroom (doing her makeup) every 15 min if she is ready or not. First 15min "honey are you ready? -Not yet!", after 45 min "honey are you ready, time is short? -Almost!", after 1h "god damn are you ready or not?! -Yes I finished 10min ago, cmon!".

This is exactly what is happening in game with server "ticking" every 33ms and checking if the skill cooldown is still going or it is ready to fire. This means skill "readiness" must be measured in server ticks. Therefore minimum skill cooldown from base of 150ms is 165ms with 0% CDR on gear. Because after 4 server ticks (each of 33ms) 132ms of time has passed and skill is still on its cooldown (150ms). But after 5 server ticks 165ms of time has passed (as 5*33 = 165) and skill is ready to fire, more than that it was ready to fire 15ms ago.

To help you guys (and girls) optimise this heres a new CDR to APS table:

As you can see with 0% CDR maximum allowed Cyclone APS (for 2 spells) is 6.06. I would still recommend to use slightly less values just to be safe, so 6 APS.
With at least 14% CDR we need 7.5 cyclone APS for spells to fully utilize 132ms cooldown (impossible as Cyclone based Mjolner) or with one spell (Discharge only) - we need 3.75 Cyclone APS.

What is more intresting here is that every CDR above 14% is basically wasted. We need 0% CDR or 14%+ CDR and thats it. Pushing this further to reach 99ms cooldown and 10 hits/s is currently impossible.

Source of this information:

Spoiler
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Feb 10, 2019, 5:48:16 AM
Hello! I love this build but I have some questions about the guide.
I don't know if I'm blind but I feel like the lvl 95 passive talent tree is incomplete. It doesn't have any more points in it than the lvl 87 talent tree? So I'm a bit unsure what points to put in.
Noob question, how do i activate all 3 auras?
"
Winglegacy wrote:
Noob question, how do i activate all 3 auras?

Note the gem links in the build. The required support gem has to be level 3 minimum.
Got my resists sorted out for the belt, sitting at 4.9 APS trying to break 5 but I am broke now lol

I really need to get my gems sorted lmao

I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power
Last edited by POOPHAMMER on Feb 14, 2019, 10:20:01 PM
have we tried double strike plus multistrike for bosses?

Interesting what will change for arc and discharge with 3.6. Can't wait.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
hi ,
Can this be played as a witch ? if so is it as good / better or worse ?

thanks in advance
Two questions:
1. Why Hallowed Flask?
2. I saw somewhere in this topic that order of gems in Mjolner matters, but cannot find it now...So what is desired order of gems in Mjolner? I mean with discharge, arc and some support gem.

Would be nice to see that info on first post.

Many gems in this build can be upgraded to vaal versions. Impurities, Cyclone, Blade Vortex, Arc... Especially impurities can give some mitigation and also dmg boost, cuz of res ignore, but for 21 lvl Lapidary Lens will be needed.
whats worse Elemental Reflect or Physical Reflect ?

died twice to Elemental , guessing there is nothing we can do about that ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info