[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

"
krofj wrote:
"
dangeun1 wrote:
"
krofj wrote:
With a quick math I managed to get 5.8-6APS what pretty much brings us close to 0.15 sec proc.

1) change all spell jewels and get double attack speed. Global + mace
2) Change CDR belt and get Perseverance belt.
3) Switch LGoH from cyclone setup and put in culling strike with quality.

I'm not that smart but that would bring closer to being perfect on cyclone 6APS build and you dont have to sacrifice a lot more. If somebody could provide us with math what is better. Ricos version with spell damage etc or more proc would be good.

With 20% CDR according to rico's calcs, it's 47 procs per 10 sec if you have 4.7 ASPD.
I've posted my char and what i've managed to get within incursion league on this build with all the corruptions and items.

Let's say that your dmg per proc is ~171k(which i had on my char according to pob).it's around 8,037,000 dmg for 10sec.

Without the CDR, and reaching 6.04aspd-all jewels changed to doube aspd, and 1 abyss jewel inside darkness enthroned, 60.4 procs within 10sec.
On the same gear and tree, but only jewels changed to reach said ASPD, my proc dmg is 126k.
7,610,400 - dmg within 10sec.
I didn't include any other mods on jewels.

5 Jewels[without CDR belt] with 3 perfectly rolled attack speed mods [attack speed, holding shield, mace ], with 6.38 aspd, nets you 8,842,680,.

I assume the closer you get to 6.6 attacks per second, without sacrificing jewel slots[or jewel mods] will net you total more damage than before 3.5, but the price of such jewels can go to around or even above 10ex per jewel on a well rolled 4 good mod jewel, so let's not stretch those hopes.

Altough belts crafted with fossils, and that elder aspd during flask effect covers it.

Anyway, i'd say that 10mil dmg or even 12mil dmg within 10sec can be reached, but really depends on the jewels, and belt slot, and those can cost shitload.

Hope did maths correctly.

I took Ricos PoB as a tamplate.
1) PoB shows 187k DPS avarage you multiply with 0.67 and then multipy with 4 and then multipy 10 and its 10 sec damage window with avarage 4 proc per second is around 5 mil damage in 10 seconds. Patch 3.4
2) PoB shows 187K DPS avarage with 20%CDR you multiply with 0.67 and then multipy with 4.7 and then multipy 10 and its 10 sec damage window with avarage 4.7 proc per second is around 5.9 mil damage in 10 seconds. Patch 3.4
3) Took same tamplate PoB changed all jewels with double attack speed for mace 7% and global 4% attack speed and changed belt to Perseverance. Got 5.9APS. PoB shows 147k avarage damage. Did same math as before *0.67 / *6 / *10 and got 5.9 mil damage in 10 seconds. So... in next patch you can achive same amount of damage with less investments.

I could be doing something wrong. Feel free to correct me.

can you explan your multiplies?

"
Doklol34 wrote:
just a little tip, guys.
When you calculate your profiles in pob, don't forget to set Enemy as Shaper\Guardian, and a most important, you must press "Edit" on any of your item, and add these two lines:
100% increased spell damage
35% less discharge damage

Sure, if you want to see closer to real boss dps.

can you explain why the added inc. spell and less discharge dmg?
"
can you explain why the added inc. spell and less discharge dmg?

Because one of the mods on Mjolnr states:

> Socketed Lightning Spells deal 100% increased Spell Damage if Triggered

and Discharge itself has the ability modifier:

> 35% less Damage if Triggered

PoB doesn't automatically consider these two mods when calculating DPS so you need to add them in manually to have PoB figure it out.
nevermind i took out the spell and put it in an empty socket. no cd my bad
Last edited by Stanner3108 on Dec 5, 2018, 11:15:52 PM
@dangeun1, i took math from Ricos 1h long video of explaining how to calculate DPS and all around how indigon works. I'm not the smartest kid on the block so have no clue is that's best way how to do it or is it even truth.

1) multiply 0.67 : PoB is showing your avarage hit with max charges. Jugg having around 67% of time on max charges. So you take that 0.67 and multiply with PoB avarage damage. The real damage should be a big higher but damage only with few charges is not that massive.

2) then i multiplied by trigger times per second. so at this point in next patch you can get around 6-7 trigers per second w/o any CDR. Exact number is 6.6 proc what you can get with 0.15ms on trigger. But going all the way with 6.6 is way too much. You have to consider ping etc. So sitting on 6 would be enough.

3) then i multiplied with 10. It's 10 second window with just standing and doing cyclones.

So at the end you have more realistic numbers of damage.
Last edited by krofj on Dec 6, 2018, 1:47:49 AM
Maybe it's time to replace cyclone with some other skill with higher base AS. Getting 6aps on cyclone via gems is possible but we will sacrifice a lot of spell damage on jewels... Sure, it will be possible to get 2xAS, 1x Spell Damage, 1x life (or resistances) roll but those will be rare and extremely expensive.
“Three great forces rule the world: stupidity, fear and greed.”
― Albert Einstein
-Cyclone hits 2 times per noted attack speed. That's already established, otherwise it would not be possible to proc arc inbetween discharges.

-so just ditch arc for another support (was close anyway) and drop all attack speed as well for more damage or life, 3 to 3,4 whatever is needed.. is easy to achieve. Stacking AS that high seems to be way too much in opportunity costs.
Last edited by Nephalon on Dec 6, 2018, 7:02:06 AM
Any love for this build in 3.5? Is cyclone still viable to proc discharge? Gear/tree changes? This is one of the most impressive builds I have played, hope to see this guide get some attention. Thanks for everything thus far! :)
Reading about Mjolner cooldown changes as well as CoC changes made me smile :)

Ill take a closer look on this and do some theorycrafting together with some in-game testing along the way. Time to install PoE again...

Now just at a first glance:

Old unnerfed Mjolner had 100ms cooldown... but it also had 60% chance to trigger giving 6 Discharges/s on average...

Now with a CDR gear we can go as low as 120ms on cooldown... with 100% chance to trigger... this is 8 Discharges/s on average... and this is like 80% more DPS vs 3.4 build...

I would seriously consider going with 4link Cylone vs trash and 6link Molten Strike vs Bosses again (Mjolner triggers on each Molten Strike projectile hit)... while dropping Elemental Equlibrium (50% less DPS) thats still 30% more DPS vs single target. And while using some sort of -res on boss like high lvl Ele Weakness with quality, some penetration nodes on tree etc... we can make Molten Strike a 50-60% more DPS setup vs boss.

Going Molten Strike with Inquisitor and something around 40-50% spell crit chance to ingore resisteances is also a valid choice now... The problem with spell crit Inquisitor is less charges being generaterd for each discharge... so despite ress ignoring it might end up same dps as jugg.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Dec 9, 2018, 6:34:14 AM
Hey man,

Making this again for second league and brought most of the gear already. I see you say 6 link molten strike please could you recommend which links?

Cant wait to see your update so I know what to change

Many thanks
"
Hey man,

Making this again for second league and brought most of the gear already. I see you say 6 link molten strike please could you recommend which links?

Cant wait to see your update so I know what to change

Many thanks

Im not 100% set on molten strike for 3.5. Just an idea. Molten Strike was a main skill for Mjolner back in a days when Mjolner had 100ms cooldown reaching up to 10 Discharges/s. However due to the 60% trigger chance that was rather 6 on average.

Now we can have up to 9 with 100% trigger chance (20% CDR belt + 15% CDR boots) or up to 8 with 100% trigger chance and Inyas. Which is really good and after some minor in-game testing - it also feels very good (like in the old days).

But... with Molten Strike we do loose Elemental Equilibrium. If one can reach up to 6 aps with Cyclone it becomes a debate now: 6 Discharges and Arcs per sec with EE vs 8 Discharges and Arcs per sec without EE but with Elemental Weakness.

In terms of chest healing its an easy anserw. But in terms of DPS it is not. In-game DPS checks are needed.

Now as far as 6l Molten Strike goes it is a good'ol setup:

Molten Strike - Multi Strike - Faster Attacks - GMP - Fortify - Whatever
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info