[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

"
Apachy wrote:
"
bagos92 wrote:
Will this build work properly without a Watcher's Eye?

It depends what is "properly" for you.

I decided to try this build in a Flashback.

Even with the very shitty gear and stats (bad jewels, no Watcher's Eye, no RF, no quality jems, no cap resists etc) the build feels incredibly powerful in terms of survival and clear speed (the hightest map a had so far was T10). It just refuses to die unless I have ele reflect (again, some of my resists are not even capped).

The only downside for me in this build is the cyclone itself.
I am not a big fan of this skill (tired since D2) althought It has an amazing cynergy here.

I wish Rico could make more versions of this build but with deferent skills and acsendencies.

Erm... but I did, take a look at my inquisitor version that uses classic mjolner approach with ms + ls (link at the very top of this guide).
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
"
RicoKGB wrote:

Erm... but I did, take a look at my inquisitor version that uses classic mjolner approach with ms + ls (link at the very top of this guide).

Yea, I saw it but I am more melee-type (cleave/reave ... person:)

PS
Corrupted T12 (Torture chamber)is also finished with crazy lags and freazzzes without deaths.
It just does not die no matter what!
I know for sure that all my over characters would have died there 100% with that kind of lags.
Last edited by Apachy on May 22, 2018, 8:09:05 AM
Rico:

First many thanks for the excellent build, and especially for the remarkable patience to stick with this thread after two hundred pages of comments. I took the trouble to read all 200 pages and you've displayed fantastic patience in assisting your fellow players.

My question: how far overcapped do you think elemental Resistances need to be to safely do all map mods?

The reason I ask is that I had a bad experience last night. The build face-rolls everything, as we all know. I do a number of my maps unidentified for that reason - load up the map, test and make sure I dont have Elemental Damage Reflection, then bulldoze. I did that on a rare Malformation T13 map yesterday. Got all the way through with nothing even scratching my armor. Stepped into the Arena - bam, one-shot by Nightmare Manifest. That flameblast effect blew me away as I took one step from the door. I have 5600 life, all the recommended skills and equipment, my Fire Resist is heavily overcapped to about 120% I think. This boss does lightning damage, iirc, no matter what the effect looks like.

My conclusion was that the hidden mods on the map were a combination of lower elemental resist and maybe elemental weakness. I didnt pay close attention to the buff icons because heck, it never matters what they say - I faceroll everything. But I got a nasty surprise yesterday, and it makes me think I need to look at map mods a little more carefully, and watch out for combined lower resists. My lightning resist is around 100 uncapped, iirc.

How high are your uncapped resists and have you had any similar experiences?
"
Nemmerle wrote:
Rico:

First many thanks for the excellent build, and especially for the remarkable patience to stick with this thread after two hundred pages of comments. I took the trouble to read all 200 pages and you've displayed fantastic patience in assisting your fellow players.

My question: how far overcapped do you think elemental Resistances need to be to safely do all map mods?

The reason I ask is that I had a bad experience last night. The build face-rolls everything, as we all know. I do a number of my maps unidentified for that reason - load up the map, test and make sure I dont have Elemental Damage Reflection, then bulldoze. I did that on a rare Malformation T13 map yesterday. Got all the way through with nothing even scratching my armor. Stepped into the Arena - bam, one-shot by Nightmare Manifest. That flameblast effect blew me away as I took one step from the door. I have 5600 life, all the recommended skills and equipment, my Fire Resist is heavily overcapped to about 120% I think. This boss does lightning damage, iirc, no matter what the effect looks like.

My conclusion was that the hidden mods on the map were a combination of lower elemental resist and maybe elemental weakness. I didnt pay close attention to the buff icons because heck, it never matters what they say - I faceroll everything. But I got a nasty surprise yesterday, and it makes me think I need to look at map mods a little more carefully, and watch out for combined lower resists. My lightning resist is around 100 uncapped, iirc.

How high are your uncapped resists and have you had any similar experiences?

You have read all 199 pages? Wow... Anyway to anserw those questions.

There are some nasty mod combination with specific bosses that can potentially one shot you with 5.6 life (aim for 5.8 - 6.0 k life in a final build). Those are for example:

1) -max, ele weakness, monster dmg/crit dmg/+x% extra dmg as an element, especially deadly with Hydra/Phoenix and bosses like Piety/Dominus.

2) -max/ele weakness, less armour, crit dmg, +x% extra dmg as an element, especially deadly with bosses like Malachai/Daresso/Dominus/Minotaur

However around 5.9-6.0 k life with overcapp of about +40% and proper Watcher's Eye solves that at least vs regular map bosses. Now mind you that active endurance charges also provide res overcapp. For HC or any one aiming at getting up to lvl 100 I would aim for 120% on all before endu charges just to be sure. Other than that aim for around 95-100% all ress and just focus on improving your life pool and have some flask with curse immunity vs some bosses.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on May 23, 2018, 3:09:07 AM
Thanks. I'm level 93 in Standard but playing mostly SSF so I still dont have a couple things I want, including the Watcher's Eye. I'll keep an eye for those combos but as I said I try to play some unidentified Rare maps so I'm always at some level of risk.

I can probably work on the gear to try and get to 5.8k life. I have not worked too hard on optimizing my jewels yet (being SSF means I have 10 Ex in my stash, all personally found by me as drops, so really extreme crafting is ellusive and I dont go buy optimized gear). But a little work will help. And my Purity gems are all still level 20. My spares are almost ready to corrupt.

(before anyone asks, I did have to buy two pieces - Voll's and the boots).

It's not a big deal to die once in a while but was pretty surprising as I normally only die when I do something really stupid.

Thanks for the help!
Trying to push to 99 again, this time I think I will get there. Not skipping any bosses, mostly doing red maps Tier 12+ and elder when he pops up.

Found this beauty yesterday

I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
Hi, just wanted to give thanks for this build :) Enjoying myself inmensely leveling my first toon that I actually bought gear for. I probably understand about 10% of your indepth explanation, but things go boom in pretty colours. That's half the fun right there...

I did notice however that it looks like some of the pictures for the gem-links or the ascendancy order in your build explanation no longer show/load. Might be something on my end with cookies or whatever, but wanted to let you know!

I'll go thread diving to see if you mentioned the links in text somewhere in the last 199 pages.
Again, thanks for the build!
Filthy casual PoE player. Still don't understand half the mechanics even after 3 years of playing in the different leagues ;)
"
I've been using Scold's Bridle for a while. To make use of its "Your Skills deal you 400% of Mana Spent as Physical Damage", after its nerf, we actually need to spend mana. So instead of bloodmagic i started using reduced mana gem. With it, cyclone costs 11 mana which is a problem at "can not regen" or "less regen" maps. Romira's Banquet mana leech from cyclone the only leech we have which is not enough to sustain cyclone mana cost. There is a Watcher's Eye mod "-(10-5) to Total Mana Cost of Skills while affected by Clarity" solves mana cost problem. With "-10 mana cost" now cyclone costs "1"(:D) mana which is sustainable with Romira's Banquet mana leech.(cost being not 0 is important.)

Reason i use Scold's Bridle aside from spell damage bonus is when i use a skill spending mana, i get hit by Scold's Bridle. Getting hit activates, Unflinching node, regen boot enchant and soul of gruthkul. :)

What happens if a map has "can not leech" and "can not regen" at the same time? Sigh... back to the bloodmagic gem. :(

I do the same as you except to sustain mana I only use the "Regenerate x% of life and mana per second if you were hit recently" boot enchant.

With these items to can cyclone in your Hideout and generate maximum endurance charges without hitting anything.
Last edited by Lexmore on May 26, 2018, 11:07:51 PM
"
Lexmore wrote:

I do the same as you except to sustain mana I only use the "Regenerate x% of life and mana per second if you were hit recently" boot enchant.

With these items to can cyclone in your Hideout and generate maximum endurance charges without hitting anything.

Haha! Nice one!
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
Hey Rico,

Big up to this well thought-out, incredible build. I always wanted to try a discharger and this one sure is a winner. Nicely done, shows your experience with the mechanic through and through.

Just had a minor question if u can find the time for it. I've decked my monkey out with some high-end gear, including a max scold's with the proper enchant, a +1 volls for a pair of temp chains repentance, 4 mod jewels, level 4 enlighten to better support the golem, around 6.1k life, the works... After giving your whole intro another read, seems i'm just missing out on the watcher's eyer and the +1 end belt. But those are insanely expensive. Have you tried running uber elder with this build ? Is it doable at all cause if so, i might be tempted to go all-out on this one. If not, i think i'm gonna keep him where he's at. Anyway, gz, you really started something here :-)
[img]http://s15.postimage.org/ppi19icy3/piggy.gif[/img]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info