How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
awave wrote:
"
Zrevnur wrote:

Whereas I spent lots of currency on these - not sure yet which (of the +2) bow to continue with:

continue with the third one, craft "cannot roll attack mods" from catarina then exalt. you have two suffixes so its an easy +3. theres a good chance youd get unlucky with the other.

What you mean with "unlucky"? I got "lucky" though:

"
awave wrote:

Did you somehow farm for these or were they lucky drops?

damn, i would kill for that bow right now haha. im crafting one but just need another EX to drop. (been a couple weeks without one) what i meant about being potentially unlucky is that since you only had one suffix on that bow, if you crafted "cannot roll attack mods" (making it two suffixes) you could accidently roll another suffix instead of +1 gems with your exalt, making your +3 still possible, but 1 EX more expensive to make. anyhow grats on the bow though! also, ive been running just about any leaguestone, whatever i feel like at the moment, and was running domination for awhile. also i ran with 170-180% rarity and was alching 90% of maps and chiseling T6-T7+ so it was part that and part getting lucky having those Gulls drop.
Last edited by awave on Apr 23, 2017, 11:56:54 PM
Used my Invasion stones for hunting for bosses, Southern Forest exackly (Nighteater plus 3 of them in City of Sarn) and found this:

Looks like bottle of vodka.
"
Steamr0ller wrote:
IT'S OVEEEER. After 30 hours of farming, I guess I can say I deserve the shield. Was probably a very stupid idea to even start farming Solaris Temple, but I got the first 3 cards within 3 hours, so had to keep on going... Longest streaks of no cards were 9h for the 4th, and 14h(!!!!) for the last card.

This was done with Bisco's Collar and 43IIQ from other gear. Standard HC SSF, so no leaguestones here... I'm happy it's over! Now lets just not RIP it right away... ;)

IMO the best approach to SSF is to roll a generic, unique-undependent character first and then roll with whatever the game gives you and you like as your second, third and so on build.

Speaking of which,

random drops lol

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 24, 2017, 2:32:53 AM
Levelling my 3rd char in HC SSF, this time a Juggernaut - I have
and I want to give it a try.

Meanwhile
dropped from a strongbox in Cruel Act2, will see what this will bring...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
Steamr0ller wrote:
IT'S OVEEEER. After 30 hours of farming, I guess I can say I deserve the shield. Was probably a very stupid idea to even start farming Solaris Temple, but I got the first 3 cards within 3 hours, so had to keep on going... Longest streaks of no cards were 9h for the 4th, and 14h(!!!!) for the last card.

This was done with Bisco's Collar and 43IIQ from other gear. Standard HC SSF, so no leaguestones here... I'm happy it's over! Now lets just not RIP it right away... ;)

Grats man thats awesome. This is why i love this league. You work with what you have and if you really want something you gotta work hard to get it and it feels so rewarding. Brings back the feeling of diablo 2
"
golan4840 wrote:
"
Steamr0ller wrote:

Grats man thats awesome. This is why i love this league. You work with what you have and if you really want something you gotta work hard to get it and it feels so rewarding. Brings back the feeling of diablo 2

I think trading like MF is a noob trap,it just frustrates people and time doing it could of been spent actually playing the game.I have done much better on SSF without the trading to be honest.
"
Kavlor wrote:
"
golan4840 wrote:
"
Steamr0ller wrote:

I think trading like MF is a noob trap,it just frustrates people and time doing it could of been spent actually playing the game.I have done much better on SSF without the trading to be honest.

For most regular people I agree, but if you set an online shop and use trading programs, flip on big items and constantly look for profitable deals, you will sadly do better wealth wise as oppose to actualy playing the game. Been there done that and did not enjoy it one bit
Last edited by golan4840 on Apr 24, 2017, 3:47:39 AM
"
Bars wrote:
"
Steamr0ller wrote:

IMO the best approach to SSF is to roll a generic, unique-undependent character first and then roll with whatever the game gives you and you like as your second, third and so on build.

I know, right! :) I've made 4 characters above lvl 85 now since SSF was implemented. I was running 43IIQ/225IIR (I know it's not very high, but couldn't go much higher if I wanted to stay alive) low maps and Dried Lake like a mad man, chancing every base mosaic kite shield I found. Never played self-cast RF before, so I wanted the shield soooo bad. I can't recommend farming The Sun card though, unless you really feel desperate for the shield, like I did.
Last edited by Steamr0ller on Apr 24, 2017, 4:05:32 AM
My first ssf hc char lvl 84 atm

Spoiler

Its tanky but dmg could be better. So far i did t8map.

Now i'm trying to socked and linked my belly.

My best drop

Some good uniques
Spoiler
I'm usually online at 18 gmt +1
Last edited by sielma on Apr 24, 2017, 4:20:03 AM
"
golan4840 wrote:
For most regular people I agree, but if you set an online shop and use trading programs, flip on big items and constantly look for profitable deals, you will sadly do better wealth wise as oppose to actualy playing the game. Been there done that and did not enjoy it one bit

But sure, you'll get wealthy from doing that.

But what do you then do with that wealth? You buy your endgame gear and thus render farming for gear moot.

I'll never understand trading as a major point in an ARPG, when like, the majority of the game is farming for your perfect drops.

Hence why I've only played as SSF...

I mean, especially in PoE, trading seems so odd, given that for the most part, outside of a couple of build defining uniques, you can craft BiS gear yourself fairly easily.

All you need is a white base of decent quality, a bunch of Alts and enough Regals for everything and whatever you need for Mastercrafting.

But people would far too often prefer to just buy that stuff from others and head straight into just farm for map drops, to get more maps, to farm for map drops. Then get bored and stop playing until the next league where they do it all over again...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info