How is ssf going for u guys/girls? ^^

Decided to give normal legacy SSF a serious go, HC just wasnt doing it for me anymore.

Flameblast elementalist, trying to build for RF to boost the damage (because there is no such thing as too much damage)

Spoiler

I'd say my luck was pretty good, considering i am only 77, found zana on my first map too. (to elaborate, i didnt plan for the RF tree, ROTP just dropped when i was leveling and the trees are almost identical anyways)

The only thing is.. MoM is a serious PITA to build around. I thought i'd have a pretty easy time mitigating boatloads of damage with my mana pool, with only some ~40% reserved, but i find myself OOM nonstop, and that is with some 150 m/s regeneration. Thought about making my elementalist into some cast on channeling scorching ray/flame surge RF thing. I think if i add some leech to the equasion, i'd have an easier time.

That said, if it doesnt work out, i have a WI elementalist in the making, primarily intended as a bosskiller. Crafting her ES gear is going to be my main currency sink while i chip away at the atlas (which to me, is actually the second most fun, apart from crafting in SSF)

Pretty decent loot so far, considering the paltry amount of time i have put into this:
Spoiler

My first *ever* alphas howl.

Heaving a ton of fun, that said, if i wouldnt have to level masters and could transfer some crap from HC to this league, i'd not complain *cough* fuck dailies *cough*
Last edited by Cataca on Apr 13, 2017, 4:19:30 PM
"
Cataca wrote:
The only thing is.. MoM is a serious PITA to build around. I thought i'd have a pretty easy time mitigating boatloads of damage with my mana pool, with only some ~40% reserved, but i find myself OOM nonstop, and that is with some 150 m/s regeneration. Thought about making my elementalist into some cast on channeling scorching ray/flame surge RF thing. I think if i add some leech to the equasion, i'd have an easier time.

IME it is very difficult to sustain mana for MoM if you got "nothing big" to retrieve it. Leech works. Flask works to some degree. Clarity is not enough. All sources of mana regen also require %increased mana regen from passives or gear.
Damage taken gained as mana when hit is very good if you can incorporate it. Have used Mindspiral on some MoM build/s successfully: But careful as mana leech is not possible with it.

Very potent is the boot enchant. It more than doubles the normal base mana regeneration. And this scales (just like the normal base regeneration) with %increased mana regeneration:

"
Cataca wrote:

Am looking for that. Would like to experiment with it...
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
When you think you can't hate lab any more than you already do.

Tried uber lab for the first time, got my first disconnect in weeks...

Finished it though after a second try.
After wasting hundreds of alterations and identifying hundreds of foils and swords, I decided to chaos spam a foil instead:

Nice. No crit roll, but solid dps.
Need to farm a couple more chaos to get Vagan roll closer to 79%.

Still, a 1 alchemy Scaeva would probably beat it (similar DpS, better crit, socket leech/multi). But hey, I play SSF for a reason. ;)

My 6L attempts also continue to fail.
I spent probably 100x the price of a 6L white armour chest so far. Hooray!

---

I checked poe.trade prices of 1h swords (maybe I'll migrate one day).
Even after the buff to 1h, prices seem to be very high.
I expected something like 10-25 chaos for a 340 DpS sword with 6+ crit.
Seems to be more in the region of 3+ ex... Ok, then I stay in SSF. ;)

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

And also found my second violent death jewel.

Leveling has become a grind. The higher maps you run the less league stones you seem to get.
But overall I am pretty pleased with my SSF attempt.
I still don't see how people are getting 1000+ Str to use that thing.
Rip'd at 98,8..time to wait for FoO i guess.

Damn those bearers.
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Been trying to get Excavation Shaper Orb for some time now. Unlocked map (minus Vaal) after 2 bricked ones so that it can drop elsewhere. Took 4 (or 5 with Carto) more Vaals until I got one which did not brick:
Unavailable

Mostly ran superfluous Precinct. They drop lots of unique sword cards:

And it looks like I can "map up" just by running blue T11. Or I just got lucky with map drops...
Met Cadiro who offered me this for ~750 coins - already have 2x but none with such stats:
Now I just need 50+ labs for a useful helmet enchantment. Or maybe 45 - I got some 'Twice Enchanted'...
And 1x Torture Chamber == 50% Agnerod staff? Bisco but blue map.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I still don't see how people are getting 1000+ Str to use that thing.

Not that difficult, come on man. INT-STR jewels, STR Jewels STR boots (Warpath or something), all adds up pretty quickly. Add jewellery with stats and you are set. Doing Mega zombies next league with that thing and grasp.

Zrevnur - damn man gratz of Agnerod's cards. I run several of them trying to find Crystal Belt and haven't seen a single one:) Gotto try some more it seems as I found my second Agnerods staff and it was the same I already had :D
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
"
gathor wrote:
I run several of them trying to find Crystal Belt and haven't seen a single one:)

"Crystal Belt" == Marble Amulet? Or the card for 'Auxium'?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info